First off: I respect all of you and your opinions.
And it was nice so many of you wishing us a Happy Valentine´s!
Despite I said I had "mine" start of the month cause we present each other whenever we find something.
I got some more yesterday, btw, well actually we: For our bathroom and kitchen, and Ingo´s car, for US! Pics to come.
Imagine: You have the ultimate gift and hold it back for a special day.
Drunk-driver, one on the cellphone whilst driving, losing track, running into your lane (all happened to me), heart attack... whatever, runs into Ingo and... kills him.
There I sit with the best pressie ever he never got cause I withheld it for a date the industry/history chose for us...
So I was wondering a bit about all the Valentine´s wishes after I made our approach clear.
NO OFFENSE, PLEASE!
Ingo was VERY SERIOUSLY ill, he still is chronically, so I do not wait for "made up" dates...
WE do not wait for such dates.
Again, please NO OFFENSE.
We do not celebrate Birthdays, Wedding Days, Christmas - we celebrate (more or less!!!) every day.
Flowers, at least here in Germany, get extra-expensive for Valentine´s Day.
Whenever Ingo sees some "abandoned", sad, "leftover" flowers he brings them home to me, to us.
Also note we have no children.
I made a big fuss on self-made advent-Calendars for the Nieces. But the bought ones from Granma, Granpa & Co were "cooler", so... call me old-fashioned. Why waste thoughts, time, money, more time, creativity for nothing (one Niece with diabetes I was a challenge).
Give with warm hands and heart, whenever you can is our motto.
Yet, of course, I have all Birthdays of friends/family at hand that were given to me and give them an extra-note on their SPECIAL day 😘
Long story short: Thank you for your wishes, in my heart they count every day.
This community helped me through real dark times and cheered me up even more in good ones! Hope I gave/give back, also.
The series...
"The tastiest dishes with the funniest names
"Hushpuppy
A
hushpuppy is a savory, deep-fried ball made from cornmeal batter. The
name comes from US southerners who fried the dough and fed it to dogs to
"shut the puppies up."
Henry 🦁
I´ll be studying, writing tests, no day off for me, again. Exaggerated. I hope to get one test done today! All due 19th, better 18th. Life runs crazy at times and you have no influence... Trainer was sick etc, so I started later...




20 comments:
You are wise, Iris. We never know when life will instantly change. But I believe in doing both. Every day and special days, too -- because, why not!
Every day needs to be celebrated! You are doing a great job by just doing that! Cheers!
I remember when I was a kid Christmas-cookies and all that was available earliest end of November. Now it is September already. Or last year it was already in August!
Since weeks and weeks in the shops, on TV, wherever you go (here at least), it is Valentine´s.
For me it just takes away the magic. Also... the prices! Sweets, flowers, it gets hilarious!
I prefer the the sad bunch of flowers that sits in the shop waiting for Ingo to take it home... But!!! Everybody as he/she likes!
Thank you, yes, you never know what might happen, yet you are not to live in constant fear. I think we found the "golden middle".
...celebrate each day that comes your way, life is not a dress rehearsal.
Very well said, Tom!
When my husband got sick with his kidney failure back in 2015, it was a great life lesson that things can change in an instant. Not that he was that sick in an instant, but it seemed that way when he got diagnosed. I don't like to wait either because you never know. Life goes too fast and is too short, don't you agree? You two look fabulous in the that photo. I like Ingo's bow tie. We don't usually do flowers either. Not at least for Valentine's Day because here they are too expensive also. And I'll also had you have me with those hush puppies. They are the yummiest. I think sine you don't like sweet things you would might like them also. Have a great start to he new week. hugs-Erika
Yes, sickness gets us the ground, huh. How fast it can go is scary, and the consequences are often for a life-time. Good thing we do not know until it happens and we HAVE to handle it...
Thank you, that was a special night in Australia´s Outback. Amazing what the staff came up with, there even was life-music!
I´ve never heard of Hush Puppies (other than shoes/slippers) before - now I´d like to try some!
Test done, not happy with it, but just did not really understand... aw, well, let´s hope for the best, hugs!
Special things on an ordinary day makes the day special, Iris.
RedPat, exactly!
You're celebrating another special day of living, sharing it makes it even better.
I hadn't thought of things that way. What a lovely way to live in the moment and not wait.
Every day needs to be celebrated ...
Sending good wishes to you.
All the best Jan
No judgement here from me, it's entirely your preference what days you celebrate, we are much the same including Valentines Day, if you can't do nice things for each other throughout the year then what can you say, right?
I never celebrated Valentine's day either, it was an American thing to us. But for Christmas and birthdays, for the kids especially, I shopped early and when I could afford it and put things away to surprise them on their day and at Christmas. I still do that for the youngest three, I am waiting at home right now for a delivery of something I want to give the great-grandson next Christmas when he will be almost 3 years. For the twins, I have to think about what to get and then buy before the christmas prices hit, but they have so much already from everyone, I really don't know what to buy. I have their birthday gifts already in my cupboard waiting for June.
Yes, that´s how we "roll" :-)
A seriously sick partner can wake you up... we had a lot of luck. If I´d been too early or too late ... Ingo would not be here.
Yes, I know you know... Sending hugs.
Yes, main thing is we value one another, no matter when, right.
Yes, like you I buy off-season... or... bought - I really don´t do it anymore.
Asked big Niece what she wishes for her Birthday: "Nothing, I am happy" is the BEST pressie she gave to ME!!
And yes, kids these days are so spoiled. We are so old... it WAS something special back in the day! Wishes were not always fulfilled!
And... I am thankful for this! Today is an overload.
Post a Comment