OK, actually not funny. But still :-)
When Ingo´s Bro was little, around this time of the year, he put his finger into the “nacker” aka “Nussknacker”, nutcracker. With the other hand he pressed… and didn´t get it to let go to get the finger out. Ouch.
For quite a while he was afraid of “the nacker”, as he called him.
So, every year when we visit the Christmas markets for the first time, I have to think of Ingo´s Bro, seeing this huge nutcracker at the main entrance- :-)
Don´t judge me, I do think of our holiday in
… I already started editing, too.
But Wednesday was the first “nice” day over here, so we finally had to go.
Here you see Ingo standing in a queue at the Mumme-Wirt. Last time I had Mumme-roast there it was rather fatty, on the other hand I was too tired to look for something else, because that very likely would´ve been… you guessed it, Bratwurst ;-)
When Ingo handed me over the first, I said: Too fatty. And, my, was I lucky! The server just started a new piece and just for me he took the non-fatty parts – it was the yummiest roast ever!
Tender and crunchy, I ate it all!
Y.U.M!
Also loved the moose on top of the Swedish hut:
The other entrance:
And yellow and red stars:
Here you can get honey from Finland:
And overe here: Sweets:
Grace, if you happen to read along: Ingo insisted to have these pics for Patrick – it´s the Grünkohl they happened to talk about :-)
No idea if we take some, Ingo just can make it better!
Funny thing is, the hut is called “Braunkohl-Hütte” (brown), despite it being Grünkohl (green).
Only in our region it´s called Braunkohl, there are even articles and books to the subject:
Well, that might be because of:
Both, this city and Henry being cherished so much by it´s people :-)
Pic taken by Ingo btw - a very great shot, I think - have to get it printed!
Certainly the Riesenrad is back as well:
Naturally with “Henry” as deco:
Originally it came from Russia, says the chronicle:
… in 1880! It survived WWII and was an attraction in East-Germany.
2002 a family in Braunschweig bought it and it´s first appearance was right here at Christmas-time!
I´m afraid of heights, but maaaaaybe, if little Niece dares to when they come to visit after Christmas, I´ll join her.
Maybe.
We went home:
Well, actually we payed Schadt´s a visit and then went home, just to return the day after.
Why? Pic is to come, it´s too dark now.























2 comments:
Wow! Your holiday celebrations are so full of interesting stuff I've never heard of!! I hope you are having a great time - even though you're not in OZ :(
Lovely pictures of the Christmas market. Have fun!
It's been very, very hot these last few days in Perth (38+), glad that from Tuesday it's going down and it will be around 30C at Christmas time.
Post a Comment