Saturday, October 12, 2024

No Wind

 With this seagull in Wilhelmshaven I join...


Eileen. I love seagulls. Seagull = holiday. Maybe not the critter you´d like to see but really... German cities kinda have no exotic animals other than in the zoo...

But let me show you more of Wilhelmshaven and maybe take you a wee bit to Western Australia, too!


The Eye of the Wind is "heading for vacation".
She is from Western Australia (WA) - and....


Wouldn´t Ingo make a great captain? That "hat" sure is a proper start.
There were loads of boats for show on the weekend and despite I hurt myself on that war-ship that stormy day I sure was willing to enter this one.


No storm that day!


We got a stamp we´ve been on her and by accident the man put it upside down, talking to us.
He wanted to give us a new leaflet and do it right,  but:
a) the "wrong" or handicapped always end up with us (see Limpy)
b) Australia is called "Down Under", so this makes sense!!!


Wee. Ingo pointed out that is a living, real person up there (he really moved!). I am afraid of heights and for no money in the world would be in that place!!! Would you?


I would not be able to come up with such huge and clever design (but then I do have a Singer and cannot sew...).
At school for two days and hence one night we were on such a boat in Denmark. Oh,I slept soooo well with the waves.

To a happy Saturday, dream of holidays if you aren´t on one. (Henry stayed in Braunschweig).





 

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Iris,
I love the gulls, here we see them in parking lots not just at the seaside. Great shot of Captain Ingo. I am always dreaming of holidays. Thank you for linking up and sharing your critter post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Eileen, lucky you, here the gulls stick to, well... the sea! But that makes them special to me :-) Thank you for accepting this blurry entry... she was so far away. I miss the ocean.

Anonymous said...

Cute seagull! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...it sure has been windy here. Have a wonderful weekend, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

A bit blurry, though.

magiceye said...

Aye Aye Cap'n Ingo!

RedPat said...

Seagulls are everywhere here looking for food.

CJ Kennedy said...

Like you, I think seagulls scream beach vacation! I love them. So cheeky and funny. Great picture of Ingo in his captain's hat. That's a very cool tall ship and I love the stamp up-side down. Perfect of the Land Down Under

Mae Travels said...

Gulls of one species or another live almost everywhere in North America and also in much of Europe. It’s a misnomer to call them “SEAgulls” because that makes you think they should be near the sea. They do like water, though, such as rivers, lakes, and ponds (or even puddles).
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Ingo makes a good sailor. He looks the part. My husband should have joined the navy or coast guard as he LOVES boats. I mean loves boats, probably more than me-grin. And thanks for reminding me I never shared photos from this summer of a beautiful sailing ship we watched from our boat. I'll have to do that one of these days soon. Happy rest of your weekend Iris. hugs-Erika

Bill said...

All Ingo needs is a ship and then he can set sail. :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seagulls too and I'm dreaming of a camping trip...soon!

River said...

I am not afraid of heights and would probably climb the rigging but not get out on the end of the spar. Maybe when I was younger, but not now.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Great photo of Captain Ingo! Gulls are so cool.