Saturday, April 20, 2024

Meet Critter Limpy

 
I got a set to crochet this Lion. 
Ages 8+.
I was too dumb and gave it to my friend fK. Also an engineer. 
It took her 3 months and she finished Limpy yesterday at NAMASTE after lunch.

Why I named him Limpy?

By accident (haha) his right arm is "hanging down" - just like mine! 
I once broke it, the bone got infected blablabla, I cannot do everything with that "cucumber-arm" no more.

And then came Limpy! Ingo calls him a new family member as often the disabled end up here.


From all the sitting when being made his tail stays up, too.
She bought more wool to make a second, now that she learned how that goes!
Her wife can sew (well, actually Ingo as well...) and she could help.

What fK also gave me...


Her kids don´t need them no more so now - come I am allowed to do real sport again I have no excuse to not start on the Halfbike!
Wish me luck I manage. mT is positive about this.

After NAMASTE (Indian Streetfood, I took home 2/3 of a small portion) we had frozen yoghurt.
I could by no means eat that all.
But it was a fun meet-up.
 
Imagine: Two women, one shows the other pics on the smartphone.
Guess.
The new bogie!!! 🤣
I just BET men thought she shows me pics of her kids or holidays... Bogie - but this one was her baby kinda, too!  (A bogie is part of a railway car.)
 
fK now has a copy of the Aussie-calendar (pic one) - see Wednesday 1st for the next story and I also got her this:


An owl is a critter, too!
She often has long days due to the twins and I fell in love with this cookie cause it says:

"WACH IST DAS SCHöN." It´s with caffeine. You actually say:
"ACH IST DAS SCHöN." - WAch means awake, "ACH" means, "MY, IS THAT NICE."

If a bit different, this is for...


Eileen´s Critters! Hope these count...

Henry 🦁
 

 "You are safe with me!"
 
P.S. I sadly have to leave you with a processed animal....

 
 Foreign Minister (!!!) Annalena Baerbock was in South Africa and wanted to say.... 
"South Africa’s path to freedom has been a beacon of hope ..." 
But... she... 
"South Africa’s path to freedom has been a bacon of hope ..." 
 
And she was not speaking free, she read it from her notes, too!

So now here in Germany (only?) everyone is making fun of her:

 
Wow. I think this is so super-embarrassing... she should get fired? I mean... I never heard anything that made sense from her. And now she managed to make the world laugh about Germany. Also her pronunciation... uhhhh, boy. And Ingo said she was in London for a longer time even! Embarrassing.... 
But, you know... I nearly feel sorry for her.
Bacon of hope 🥓... I think pigs don´t really see it that way! I would want to vanish!!!
Maybe that´s Vodka, not water in her bottle/glass... I was told at Siemens (at least that one team) when the project is on hold they do just that, drinking vodka!!!! Good they had no me in that project.... I already get knocked out by raspberry-schnapps! > 🥓🥐

Hope you love bacon. Have a great Saturday!

If you speak German... look here. She claimes the attack on the US was on September 9th (she tries to refer to 9/11).

I end with this, thank you, Tom:







22 comments:

Tom said...

...Ages 8+, that would be too difficult for me!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, for me also!!!

Mae Travels said...

I’ve never learned to knit or crochet. Not even at the age 8 level. And don’t underestimate kids … those amazing Persian rugs with a million stitches per inch used to be made by tiny children as young as six … their tiny hands were better than the hands of an adult rug-knotter. Yes, they were very abused children back in the past.

So I’m even impressed by your little lion.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Limpy is adorable. I didn't hear the gaff your Foreign Minister made. Our news is filled with the Trump trial or hockey championship playoffs. The poor Foreign Minister. People making fun of her should get up and speak with the eyes and ears of the world watching with or without notes. Sounds like you had a fun outing with your friend.

RedPat said...

Limpy the Lion is so cute, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Mae, I did knit at age 14... long ago.
And yes, children in 3rd world countries still have to work, it´s.. I whenever I can avoid products from "those" countries.
Limpy says thank you!

_____

CJ, Limpy sure is very cute. Yeah, Orange luckily is only in our online news. He belongs to jail in my eyes.
That "lady" lied from the beginning and she gets a lot of money... we can only dream about.
She never did anything useful. Like many "politicians" here... everywhere?
She deserves how she gets treated and I guess she skips is as Orange does, too - they are immune....
Yes, it was fun with fK!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the bus with the lion! And the crochet project is hard but turned out cute.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Iris, What a great name for a limpy lion, but I'm sorry you had the accident and lost the use of your arm. I love him, and admire your ability and your friend's ability to make him. The result is a cute limp lion. All the creatures owl and lion were good finds for Saturday's Critters. If the lady politician can't get her dates right there is no excuse for the mistake, other wise I would have suggested she might want to have her eyesight checked out!
Enjoy your weekend
Sonjia.

Jeanie said...

Limpy is very cute and I love how your friend finished him. My friend had to finish a pair of socks I once started knitting because I lost the pattern and she'd done so many it was easy for her to figure out! Limpy is a great "critter!"

My name is Erika. said...

Limpy is cute. Too bad you couldn't out how to crochet him, but he's perfect as he is. And bacon of hope...now that is quite the phrase. She sounds like she's someone's friend who managed to get in to a big position because of that. Enjoy your weekend. hugs-Erika

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

I love those owl-biscuits!
My crocchet-skills are about age 8, so I could possibly manage a lion :)
And that lightbulb-changing blurb made me splutter tea all over - darn you :D so funny.

Christine said...

Cute Limpy crochet, sorry about your arm though.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Love Limpy the lion, Iris! "Bacon of hope" is hilarious - gotta love good friends!

Iris Flavia said...

Lavender Dreamer, Henry is everywhere in the city of Henry the Lion - so glad my friend made me Limpy!

_____

Sonjia, I can do still a lot with my arm, not just everything - and my hand is OK, too! Phew!
That politician should cher her brain, rather!
Anyways - to a great weekend!

____

Jeanie, what would we do without friends? Limpy says thank you!

____


Erika, I think it´s great I didn´t manage - now my friend can do this for her kids, too!
Politician... we call it "Vitamin B" as in "B" for Beziehung, "connection". Maybe she slept her way up, there is no other explanation...
Either way, let us enjoy our weekend, hugs!

____

Charlotte, next Lion (or owl) goes to you then!
Sorry for the tea, LOL...

gigi-hawaii said...

Politicians always make fools of themselves. Nothing new.

DVArtist said...

I really like Limpy. My mom owned a yarn shop many years ago and I taught knitting and crocheting classes. Now I stay away from knitting but I do enjoy crochet. Have a great day today.

Amypie71 said...

I know how to crochet but not things like that, looks pretty clever to me. btw we don't have owls here, we have moreporks.

Iris Flavia said...

gigi, but THAT bad, again and again?!

____

Nicole, aww. I could knit... when I was young! Limpy says thank you :-)

____

Amy, those mini-animals are a hit here. I had to google, ahh, "Neuseeland-Kuckuckskauz" - looks like an owl, too!

GreenComotion said...

Good luck on your project with the lion!
Those knee/elbow pads and a helmet can come in handy - know based on firsthand (or should I say first knee) experience? :)
Thank you for sharing with all of us.
Be well!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you - well Limpy is here! :-)
I hope the pads will just be for showing off....

eileeninmd said...

Hello Iris
Sorry I am late visiting and commenting.
I like the cute crocheted Limpy lion. Henry the lion on the bus is a great find too. I wish they sold the owl cookies here. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.
PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Eileen, yes, Limpy happily sits at my private PC. We sometimes get owl-cookies here still, as Till Eulenspiegel made them in the Middle Ages.