Thursday, November 07, 2024

Ahoi

Some more pics from our holiday in Wilhelmshaven.
 

 





 This was summer 2007 in Husum.


 

Ca 1982, Bro and I... Sand everywhere, also in your food.

Here in Wilhelmshavem no sand and  it was really rather cold this time. And YUMMY - we had Labskaus!

 

A new series, if you like (German source):


 

"30 bizarre wildlife facts that are actually true

When reality is stranger than fiction

 Animals often excite us because they are particularly cute. But in the wild, as the name suggests, things can get pretty wild. To survive in often challenging environments, many animals have evolved some pretty strange traits and behaviors - from purple tongues and snowball fights to democratic voting and even alcohol consumption.

Too weird to be true? Read about 30 animal facts that might surprise you here ( > on next posts)."

Henry 🦁




20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, awesome photos-thanks for sharing-hugs

magiceye said...

Lovely shippy photos!

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like a fun trip. I loved the tour of the ship. I can just hear the call: Kondomes ashore for going ashore! Oh, and I want that beach chair! That would be perfect for Teague and I at the beach. I bet it doesn't fold up for easy carry.

Iris Flavia said...

It was really nice, hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it was finally a nice holiday.

Iris Flavia said...

It was really interesting, and yes, die Kondome and Pflaster :-)
Those beach-chairs fold rather not, but they keep away the wind at the beach.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good times to remember! Yes, waiting for more on wild animals. I fed a giraffe at a zoo once, and it's tongue was pretty black. They like tips of branches especially to eat. (people on a platform so the giraffe's heads were level with us)

Christine said...

Good photos

Iris Flavia said...

On a platform, wow. That must´ve been awesome!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you.

My name is Erika. said...

My husband would have been really keen to visit these ships also. I've visited several here and they are tight quarter's aren't they? When I was a kid my uncle was stationed on a US Navy aircraft carrier and since he was an officer we were able to visit his quarters. He said the beds had to be made so you could bounce a nickel off of them. Now my mother thought that was a great saying and she constantly reminded me a nickel would never bounce off a bed when I made it. They probably still wouldn't. Grin. Hope you're having a super day. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

Lovely photos, Iris. It looks like it was a wonderful time. I like the idea of a museum ship.

Iris Flavia said...

Two of my uncles were naval architects, so I was on boats early, before I could walk safely. Rocking boats don´t bother me, hence. My Brother.... barf-bag, please.
Hups, a nickel would get lost when I make the bed, LOL - hope your day was great, too, hugs

Iris Flavia said...

You don´t have museum ships? How come? What do you do with old boats?

RedPat said...

A fun trip touring the museum ship, Iris. Love the walk at the beach.

Iris Flavia said...

It was interesting!

Granny Sue said...

Nice holiday, Iris! Looks like decent weather too.

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

In Wilhelmshaven it was rather cold, yet it was a nice holiday.

Iris Flavia said...

That is good :-)