Tuesday, March 19, 2024

T STands For Being Back In Time

 
My ticket to Elizabeth´s T, a coffee (yes, me!!!) we had with our Monday-host, Sami, in Perth CBD!
Ahhh, I miss them all, temps included, it is frickin´ cold here!

Anyhows, the journal, if you like:

 
Monday: It is crazy - I went back to German time just like that.
Usually I took to Aussie-time at once (took me over a week this holiday) and back to German for ages.
Luckily I did not delete all LinkedIn-mails, because.... hups...
 
 
I so had to laugh that I "genießt in vollen Zügen".
If you speak a little German this does not mean I enjoyed my holiday in "packed trains" but "fully".
We are a Daughter of German Railway and also we went with the Indian Pacific....
 

Then mC called to ask how it was (he got a card, too, as the following - it was the first time, really, that I wrote postcards to colleagues!), then fK, fC ... Sadly atm I have no project, though!
So it was nice to chat a bit! And then tiredness hit BAD.
 

Tuesday: Whilst yesterday I had half a cold sausage forced in at 08 p.m. I got soooo hungry at 05:30 a.m. Think it will take a while again to adjust.
Called doc with a question for my Friday-app. "Friday? We´re on holiday! Came in spontaneous." Yeah, why bother informing the patient???
Am signed in tomorrow.
Got taxes back!!!
Other just chats with J, fC and fK. 
fK said I should enjoy the payed time out as it´s not my fault the projects are on hold.
Did bank stuff. What do you do when you are really old? I had difficulties understanding their changes - and I´m in IT!
 

Wednesday: Teamlead fC called me to ask how the holiday was and that she maybe has a lille work for me - she´ll call me then!
Meanwhile fK and I chatted on and off.
One of the jobs was not so clear, started and wanted fC to have a look if I´m on the right way, till then I did the other - lecturing - and I found many errors. Luckily I did not correct but made notes.
The new colleague mL called me and was happy about my help, yippeee.
I got tired again, but despite all the other evenings when I hardly could eat I was able to make myself a fresh, quarter pan-pizza, another yippee!
 

 

Thursday: Grandad (work-Lenovo) had another fit, but luckily cutting him off for a while helped, phew! No way I walk to the company (still jetlag).
Bea (check-out woman): "Can´t believe you´re back, how quick four weeks´d passed!!".
"Six. It was six weeks ;-)."
Worked too fast, mini-project done.
 

Friday: Luckily I didn´t take it as easy as fK advised but mainly was at my work-PC. Teamlead called me spontaneous into a running meeting!
Luck, huh. 
Then, luck #2 struck: Wanted to do some "bank-stuff" with my energy provider.
Waited in line, the assistant was a woman - bet she´d just taken it in.
In came her male colleague and asked me over and LOOKED and CHECKED and saw there is something wrong, phew!!!!
Luck #3: Was walking through a not so safe area and thought, what´s the noise behind my back? Backpack opened itself, I realized in time!!! My purse was right there!
Luck #4: After a dumb woman at the bank (you can only do it by phone) I found a nice man who happily helped me. I transferred some money to the plus on our account and then let´s see if we got hacked...
 

Weekend: Saturday: Hit Ingo bad. Was wondering how he was able to drive every day to Salzgitter and back and work.
He was but FUNCTIONING. 
Did the grocery by myself whilst he recovered.
Ack, we are not young anymore!
Sunday: Served eggs for brunch, watched Die Maus and Ingo recovered. Did the journal. Was so tired myself!

Art-wise:


See here, if you like.


That´s from me today.


Happy T-Day, dear folks!
And for in case blogger bugs you again... I always safe my text and try again. Mostly blogger is so "generous"  to publish on second or third try.... sometimes another browser (like chrome or such) works.



20 comments:

Bertiebo said...

Oh yes, I can imagine that it takes time to be completely back.

Iris Flavia said...

When age hits ;-)

Mae Travels said...

Having trouble eating on the time-changed schedule is another way to get jet-lag. Sorry to hear you are suffering, but it’s good that you skipped the sleep problems of jet-lag.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

By now all is back on track again :-)

Tom said...

...all of this in one week?

Iris Flavia said...

Ummm, yes. I do this daily, so yes, this was last week.

CJ Kennedy said...

I can't believe how fast 6 weeks went by! You had a busy week and now I need a nap! 😸

Anonymous said...

Good morning, I enjoy your journal pages I can't believe either that your vacation was 6 weeks-no wonder you miss all the warm weather.
We have been sooo cold here too and very strong winds along with it. today we are to warm this afternoon-so maybe I can try to be productive outdoors.
Happy Springs hugs fromcthe lake

DVArtist said...

You are back and on the busy trail. Sorry Ingo was not feeling well. Ohhh there are no busses on the coast. We did get 1 cab in my town. You HAVE to have a car here. I love seeing your jounal. Have a great day today.

RedPat said...

What a busy week, Iris. I always have trouble with jet lag when I come home but not so much when I am away. Although I have never gone as far away as you did.

Iris Flavia said...


CJ, LOL, you need a nap! Sorry for that! 🤣

____

Kathy, thank you, yes, those weeks sped by!!!
Glad it warmed up in your place!
Spring will start tomorrow here in Germany, but I happily celebrate with you, hugs to that!

____

Nicole, what?! That is awful!!!! What if you cannot drive for some reason, a cab each and every time is no option!
Glad you have a car then - to a happy day!

____

RedPat, jet lag is never nice ;-)
Yet... it´s worth it, right?

Christine said...

Nice coffee and pizza too! Happy Birthday Sami!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to all!

Lisca said...

Yes, those six weeks have flown by! I can't believe you're back already.
I had to smile at the 'vollen Zügen'. We have the same expression in Dutch but we say 'met volle teugen'. A teug is a mouthful, a large sip. In English a swig. You're on a train , we drink.
I hope Ingo recovers soon.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

magiceye said...

Back to the grind! Best wishes!

Iris Flavia said...

Lisca, your saying, and the English one are better :-)
Ingo was sick just that weekend, all good.

___

magiceye, I hope so, atm I´m "in the air" with no project...

River said...

Your quarter pizza looks delicious. I haven't mad a pizza since before Christmas. might be time again to ake one soon now the weather here is cooling down. At last I can raise the awning on my window and let some daylight in without getting too hot inside.

Iris Flavia said...

The pan pizza is super-quick - and yummy :-)
And you are long overdue, pizza-wise!
One thing will never happen here: too hot inside. We live ground floor...

Amypie71 said...

I'm sure you are wishing you were in Perth again with the nice warm weather.

Granny Sue said...

That was 6 weeks??? It flew by! But what a trip you had. I hope everything gets back to normal soon.