Thursday, June 20, 2024

Do The POP

 
 
 

In a poppy mood now?
If men "pop" in.... sorry that dude got such a tiny - yet back then I bet very important part...

As "dinner"...



I had a longer conversation with my admin mT about this and in the end (he wants to  cook this and add MILK!!!) he invited me to cook together.

I get all the help I need, I tell ya!!!
 

My way: Cut the tomatoes (listen to Adriano Celentano singing helps to add fun), add "good" black olives, as Jamie Oliver says, those with the pib still inside (cut that away of course), fresh basil, salt, pepper and... not olive-, but truffle-oil, also add wine.
As we are no wine-drinkers I had to take what was left, it was white - what the heck, was yum!

Reduce till all vitamins are cooked to death (as in you have a sauce, or just take less wine!) and then....


Do NOT take "light"-products, take real mozzarella, more great olives. more fresh basil (I sneaked in salami, too) - the sauce is the star, though!
Add basil and oregano as spice, too. 
Like parsley, "just for good looking" 😏 

In the pan, lid on top, prego!
No need to preheat the oven forever, blablabla, take a pan with a lid.

I know never talk of yourself you are "great" and not I am great, but the sauce is!

I hope I can reproduce it but... MILK??? What do you think?

When (not if) we find the time I´ll go for cooking/frying tofu anyways.
mT is vegetarian and I LOVE tofu.
And unlike us he has a big kitchen.
 
Ours was OK. Thankfully long ago it was decided we don´t go to the garden to "go" and the kitchen was divided to get a loo and is quite small now, I am glad...

Henry 🦁
 

 And I know what is in there, too. 
More or less, didn´t make the cheese nor the salami, but you know what I mean....
 
MILK in pizza-sauce? What do you say, does it make your mind go in spirals?



12 comments:

River said...

I woud never put milk in pizza sauce. Basil and oregano are herbs, not sices and parsley is not just to look good. It is rich in iron and possibly several of the same vitamins as you find in other green vegetables.

Iris Flavia said...

There was a joke about parsley just being for good looking ;-)
And when dried, aren´t they spices? I didn´t use fresh ones...
Either way it turned out soooo yummy.

Anonymous said...

wow I call many herbs spices too when I am cooking with them as they add flavors to the dish.
Love your lollypop painting and your food looks yummy--hoping you get some summer weather soon we are getting even hotter with more humidity starting today-ugh
enjoy your day-hugs from the lake Kathy

Tom said...

...I LOVE this oldie!

magiceye said...

Henry loves pizza too!

Christine said...

Great idea for spirals. Yummypizza and sauce too

Jeanie said...

The pizza and sauce look good but the milk sounds a little weird to me!

RedPat said...

It looks and sounds great, Iris. There is a milk in the cheese so maybe it would work in the sauce too.

Granny Sue said...

That sounds so good! I am going to try it! But truffle oil, hmmm...don't know if I can find that here. The tortilla crust is brilliant.

My name is Erika. said...

When my daughter was little she took dance lessons, and one year for their recital they danced to this song. She was a little cutie, and it's a good memory. Thanks for reminding me. :) Happy summer. I hope you're having a wonderful hot day. hugs-Erika

Bill said...

I don't care for olives, instead we use jalapenos.

Amypie71 said...

Making homemade pizzas is something my family and i do, that way we can put whatever we want on ours.