Thursday, May 14, 2020

Hello, Manners! Smiles!



Is that happening to you, too, with "Corinna"?

Example.



I came around the corner from one side, a woman from the other side and between us were some sad, abandoned flowers or herbs.
Being outside... my mask was down to my lips, hers was fully on.

She said, "If you don´t mind, on my way back I take these home, I think I can save them", and I saw her eyes smile.
Would she have talked to me 3 months ago???
Who knows? Maybe yes, likely not.

At the store, we all wear our masks fully and the lady in front of me was packing up.



Cash-out-girl: "cash or credit card?"

- "Oh, my,... right..., I gotta pay, too".

Those masks drive us nuts, no?

- me blurting out: "Clever idea! ;-)!"



In normal times I´d never ever dared to say that!
And I might´ve felt annoyed, too! I would´ve thought it only!!! But I wasn´t even annoyed.

The lady turned to me and even without seeing our faces fully our eyes were grinning, even when I met her outside later. :-)

"Corinna" is causing a LOT of damage.
But "she" also teaches us manners.

What did I buy?





And...



We just NEED to!
And a beautiful cuppa I´ll show you on T-day, it reminded me of my friend, Sami :-)

Maybe I also only "grow up"? I "brave up" and learn people are friendly in general, mostly?

What do you think?

We need to have fun...



...FUN, says Henry, and we will watch a game soon - if on DVD, I have the German Bowl-games right here :-)

24 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Ich denke wir sollten immer von guten Beispiele lernen, egal ob mit Corrina oder Ohne. Die Meisten Leute hier sind wirklich bemüht freundlich zu sein und halten sich an die Anordnungen, sogar gestern in der Stadt und im Bahnhof. Dir einen schönen Tag, GlG, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Ja, ich hoffe, nach Corinna bleiben die Leute so!
Aber die nächste Generation, da sehe ich eher schwarz, zumindest hier in der Nachbarschaft, dürfen alles, die "Gören".
Egal, Sonne ist da, dir einen schönen Tag und GlG, Iris

Natalia said...

I think because of the virus we are learning to appreciate many small things in life, people might be even kinder to each other in some cases. Still hoping abd praying fir this to end! Stay safe and healthy everyone ☺

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, the simple things get big and I hope people remember that after the crisis, too!
Keep a proper distance at cash-outs, be nice.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Hopefully, this crazy things over soon...
# Stay safe, healthy and virus free

At Home In New Zealand said...

I always find it strange that it takes a disaster to bring people together, but it is good to see when it happens. Stay kind, be friendly :) xx

Iris Flavia said...

Tanza, I read your post on volunteers and feel positive we get out of this soon.

____

Margaret, I´m always friendly. OK, mostly. Takes a lot to get me started.
Corinna hopefully really teaches many in friendliness for good. I xx

Tom said...

...Iris, I hope that you are continuing to SMILE, it's good for you!

Iris Flavia said...

With that SIMILE here, I can do nothing else, Tom :-)
I hope... Sending one to you, too.

magiceye said...

It has reminded us how precious is human interaction.

Jeanie said...

You are so right. There are good things to come out of this in how we help, how we smile, how we recognize we are all in the same boat. I love this. And I love that you took the plants, too. I hope they come through for you.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I seen some pretty colorful mask. It amazing how eyes can smile, anyhow I how my eyes show happiness, joy and not grouchy.

Bill said...

Always be nice to the people you never really thought about before, like the cashier or the person in front of you. I think we used to be aggravated if things didn't go as we planned but now we had time to think and change our ways. Hopefully people will treat people better when this nightmare ends.

I used to know a wood carver year ago and he made various things and one of them was a box. He told me he had one for himself and he used to fill it with quotes. Each day when he got up, he would pull a quote out of the box and read it. I thought that was a great use of his box, "the quote box" he called it.

Enjoy your day and evening. Cloudy here and cool with rain coming.

Caty said...

Hope this will end very soon.
Stay safe Iris
Big hugs,
Caty

gigi-hawaii said...

Yes, it is good to smile even though people cannot see your lips. They will see your eyes smiling.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've said from the beginning of this lock down, how much nicer people have been. People wave to me while I'm in my front yard and I doubt they would otherwise. There's something gentler, kinder now that we are all in this together and NO ONE is immune.

Manav Singhi said...

Beautiful Positive Post, Smile is always the Best, Stay Safe. . . :)

River said...

I love the little beach box, but can't make suggestions to put in it since I don't know the size. Use it for tea bags or pencils? Seashells?

Soleh Sugianto said...

nice picture

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, yes. Some good in the bad.

____

Jeanie, no, the lady took the plants, I have a black thumb ;-)

____

Dora, yes, glad we can communicate like that, also!

____

Bill, yes, I hope, too, people really have learned from Corinna and stay respectful once this is over!

I had a calendar with a uote for every day, too, inspiring! To a great Friday, I´m a tad late here ;-)

____

Caty, yes, and dito,stay well, big hugs to you!

____

gigi, YES :-)

____

Elizabeth, yes, crazy, isn´t it? How fear and a mask can lead to frienlyness...

____

Manav, yes, let´s stay positive and smile BIG :-)

____

River, indeed I have seashells... from... tadaaa... Australia :-) Good idea! It´s some 10*5cm only.

____

Soleh Sugianto, thank you.

Stevenson said...

And Corinna has led me to amazing friends online, you one of them and probably the one that makes me laugh so much! I can imagine how you blurted out "Clever Idea!" that is so funny Iris! but that happens to me too, saying things that I should only be thinking about or wrong things instead of the right. One example is while I was riding a Jeepney (our own little buses for commuters). I was about to hand my payment to the driver from a far, so you ask other passenger to give it to the driver. instead of me saying "Paabot po" meaning please give this, I said while handing the money "Para po" which means Stop the Jeep! So the Jeep stopped! Even if in my mind I should have said to give the money to the driver and instead I asked the jepe to stop. I said sorry sorry and I was embarrassed but the people went laughing (thing about Filipino, we usually laugh at anything even the things that can be disrupting for them, they'll just laugh it HAHA Weird!)

About that Box! THAT IS SO PRECIOUS! I'm thinking about writing small papers, one each, on what you are grateful for that day. so it will add up every day and on bad days, you can read one or three or five of those to remind you of things to be grateful for :)

Happy Weekend Dear Iris!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think people have always been kind Iris, I think so anyway ✨ We haven't had to wear masks here yet. Perth has been doing so well, let's hope it continues through winter 💜

Lowcarb team member said...

So often when things are bad people seem to pull together more …

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

Stevenson, you´re like my Niece. I don´t think I´m a funny person, but she laughs and laughs on the phone, it´s a joy!
Well, you made me laugh with your story, too! Sometimes our tongues are just quicker than our brains! ;-)

That is a great idea, too, with the box, dear friend!
I once had a calendar with a uote for every day.
Now I have two ideas, help, I need another box!!

A wonderful weekend to you, too!

____

Grace, no masks, lucky you, I think I´ll "die" if we have to continue once warmer weather is up!

____

Jan, I SO agree!