Wednesday, March 06, 2024

The Year So Far - Hello Steve

 
Bare with me ... I am late - but let us welcome March, shall we?
I do not know what got into me, but I ran wild with the coming calendars being down to $3, that is € 1,50!!
 
Who the heck can resist???? 
 

 When back "home" I can show you pics!
 
 

 I just need to find space in our small condo, wish me luck and brains!
 
 

 "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."
 
 
 
By now we have started packing and hope the planes will not crash, we catch trains to get "home" and it will not be freezing cold in the condo.
 
Australia, huh....
 
 
But now. 
I am aware this is a very controversial subject, very. 
And please do believe me I have seen BOTH sides (and there are many shades inbetween).
 
 
I saw the worst, the best, the ones who succeed, the ones who failed, those who try and do not like "us".
Inside I cried, was scared and cheered.
I could tell stories and if we meet in person and you ask I will share, for now I pick those who see the cleverness, the wisdom....
 
After this, so you maybe get a better understanding:
Since yesterday it is in the news.
In Broome three young kids entered a house that was empty and for sale and jumped in the pool (it's summer here). The oldest but 8 years old.
The carer of the house tied them up (!!!!), refused to give them water, the mother came,was not allowed inside to help her kids. 
She asked him if he has kids (yes) and if he would like his kids to be treated like that. 
She asked him to allow her to untie her kids and give them water while they wait for the police.
No.
She said on being asked in the news: If an Aborigine man did the same with three young WHITE children he would go straight to jail.
The white man is still not behind bars.  

Now to the wisdom these people all had before all the sad "stuff" happened:
 
 
I start with January, so you do not miss out,OK?
I break it down for you, hope you enjoy...
 

 


I hope you enjoyed this lesson, more tomorrow, when we will still be on our trip back to cold Braunschweig....

Henry's 🦁  alter Perth-ego,the Black Swan 🐣:


 We will dearly,dearly miss ya all!!!!
 
Soon Grace & Pat will pick us up and drive us alllll the way to  the airport.
Thank you for being our friends! 😍
After yesterday we had a very fun and yummy day out together, posts to come!!!!
 
 
Addendum: Ingo just saw Deutsche Bahn is on strike till Saturday 😡
Ingo got two seats out of only four on flixbus!!!!!!!!!!! We hope. 
My. I tried to understand the personnel at railway and we are a daughter of Deutsche Bahn.
I am done with them!!!!
I will happily work for railway but I will never again take Deutsche Bahn if I can avoid it!
 
They shot themselves out, I guess!!! 



Yippeeeeeeee..... He did because in Germany it is 3 a.m!!!! 2:43 German time he saw it on the news! The seats are gone now.
I married a genius.



14 comments:

Tom said...

...I like a good deal too. Went looking at house plants today and I couldn't pass up the deals.

Iris Flavia said...

We fall for that, huh? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Safe trip home. The world can be an awful place full of atrocities. But yes to the calendar! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot .com

Mae Travels said...

I think every group has a story about a spirit who disguises himsel/herself as a human and helps some people in need. Definitely there are Greek myths, Biblical tales, and I think Native American tales that have that theme. It’s deep in the human psyche. So I like your Australian example.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Christine, thank you and yes! Got the calendar as pressie, too.

____

Mae,so good in the human heart there is the believe that there is good!! Actually was everywhere. Sad many lost it!

magiceye said...

Good, bad and the ugly!
Have a pleasant journey home!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, hopefully it will be "OK"...

River said...

I like the story of the fishermen and the lesson: help and share.

Sami said...

That was an appalling incident in Broome!! The mn has been charged with assault and will appear in Court again soon. They are just kids, he could have just told them to go or find their parents.
Have a good trip home. Glad Ingo found bus tickets:)

Bertiebo said...

Thank you. And have a safe trip!

RedPat said...

Safe journey home, Iris!

gigi-hawaii said...

Aw, over so soon. Love those pics of the kangaroo and ostrich.

DVArtist said...

Good on the deal. I am heart broken about the kids. What is wrong with poeple? You have a safe trip home.

Granny Sue said...

What a fascinating post, Iris. So much here, good and bad, sad and glorious. The story of the fishermen came perfectly for me, as I was just writing about being nostalgic about my storytelling days. Such tales share lessons in an interesting and entertaining way, and each listener or reader takes from it what they need.
Safe travels, my friend! You do indeed have a genius there.