Just went by there on my way home.
Their website says: "The Gustav Neumann felt production facility, which has been in existence in Braunschweig since "1874, produces and processes felts of all types for every conceivable purpose."
On it goes: "Technical felts in prosthetics - Felt and leather can also be used – along with carbon and thermoplastics such as neoprene – as cushioning in ortheses and protheses to ensure good wearing comfort."
And... "Vehicle construction ICE 4 - Various NEUFILZ® material combinations are used here that are produced in a sustainable, environmentally friendly manner. Our products installed in the right places ensure a pleasant train journey for passengers!
And finally: "Music and instrument making - There are a lot of felt parts in the mechanical works of upright and grand pianos whose purpose is to avoid irritating noises from these works. We also supply accessory parts for other instruments. Felt is an essential part of a good piano!





22 comments:
That's pretty cool about a felt-producing company. I guess I never thought about how it got made (I make my own, or have with wool roving and hot water, but it's never so nice and smooth as real wool felt!)
...who knew that felt was such a big business.
Wow, you make your own! Chapeau!
City of Science here :-)
It is so good to hear of such an old company doing well, Iris.
Felt is quite the niche market good for them!
I had no idea who produced all the felt. Now I know. Thanks.
Yes, such a contrast to all the closed stores, RedPat!
And they help people!
Yes, and what they do with it!
Spannende Geschichte, witzig erzählt mit dem gehäkelten Löwen. Hat mir sehr gut gefallen. Filzen durfte ich vor Jahren mit meinem Kulturtreff. Das Resultat war ein umhüllt Glas für die Kerze.
Muntere Grüße von Heidrun
I love hearing this company is still going strong. It seems here in the US large and small companies close daily, thanks to the "thing" in the white house. I couldn't take those birth control that first came out. Gave me terrible migraines. So many other options now. Yeah, I don't have to worry about that either. LOL
Hello Iris,
It is great that the company is doing so well.
I like the cute knitted Henry! Does it come as a kit with instructions? Take care, enjoy your day!
Birth control is a habit of the sixties that IS still being used today, with other methods having been invented or discovered, the pill is still being taken by many.
I knew about the felt in pianos but never thought about other uses for it.
Glad to see an old company thriving, dear friend Iris. Thank you so much for sharing, and sending you warm hugs and much love!
I love the idea of a felt making place.And I love how it has been around for a long time too. That was a nice find Iris. I hope you had a super Wednesday. hugs-Erika
Muntere Grüße finde ich klasse, Heidrun! Danke für das Lächeln! Ich habe noch nie gefilzt.
Yes, here many small shops close down here, too, it is... scary and sad.
Eileen my friend did it for me and I call him Limpy as one arm - his right, like mine - is hanging down. All orange text is links, you can read his story there :-) He was finished in a restaurant!
I took the darn pill so many years, from age 17 on, read stupid stuff about it, listened to my doc and ... no more.
I had no idea we even have that felt-factory!
We need good news, dear friend Linda! Warm hugs and much love on the way!
Yes, with so many shops closing down... that was a happy find! Have a great day today, hugs
Post a Comment