Thursday, May 07, 2020

Corinna And Love.



I nearly fell off my chair listening to the news.

Time speeds by, is it really ten years ago we sat terrified in front our tellies, watching people stomped to death at the Love Parade disaster?
And now they end it without a sentence - also due to "Corinna", google translate sure will do the job, if you like/need it reading on this article.



A woman ended up in jail because she refused to pay for a TV-program group she does not even use.

And here were people stitting together for 184 days spread over 10 years to find a sentence for three!!! people causing the death of 21 young persons, and who knows how many sick and crazy forever.

No sentence.

I sure do know why I avoid such events, too many people scare me off.
In Europe.

Do you have any idea how it was like in Perth in Kings Park for the festival at night?
People kept a distance, just like now, respect, there was. I felt safe.
Certainly P always had an eye on us, too :-)



No.sentence. How can that be???? 21 dead, 500+ injured physically and who knows how many will dream of it every night in fear. Who suffer at day-time, too.
Get crazy when there are more than 10 people around them?

I am shocked upon those German news.

Here you get an idea of the panic, of how people tried to escape... horrible. And the music went on and on...

       

And I bet it stays in Germany, too, psssst, never happened...

And they even take "Corinna" as an excuse, too!

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Ja, die Love Parade war erschreckend. Ein junger Mann aus dem Nachbarhaus ist dort umgekommen. Kein Ruhmesblatt für die Deutsche Rechtsprechung. Dir trotzden einen schönen <tag, ich gehe gleich Gassi, die Sonne scheint und lockt mich! GlG, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Ja, in der Tat kein Ruhmes- eher ein dickes, fettes Schandblatt.
Gehe auch gleich raus, Ingo braucht Rasierkrams ;-)
Einen schönen Tag dir ebenso und GlG, Iris

Ella said...

I read in the newspaper that a judge has put an end to the tragedy of the Love Parade. If that's good or bad ... I have no idea!
No post on the blog today ... I have to do some things around the house and do some shopping too. As of Monday, the rules here have also been relaxed and I can finally see Jojo! Yes! Life begins to smile very carefully! A big big hug for you ... Today we have a very sunny day! xoxo

Sami said...

Time does seem to fly nowadays!
I remember that light show in Kings Park Iris, it was quite beautiful.
When will there be another one?

Iris Flavia said...

Well, I do think these people should go to prison.
They were to plan a fun event and planned it so badly, caused so many pain and don´t have to take responsibilty.
Even I would´ve known that ONE tunnel as entrance AND exit won´t work.
Just imagine a fire or something!
And especially young people have no life experience and won´t listen to a "stop"...

Take care going shopping and I´ll pop in with a link come Sunday, after sleeping in! ;-)
A lille BIG hug xoxo

Iris Flavia said...

Sami, yes the light/sound show was super-great!!!
And I bet soon there will be another one. I bet.

Tom said...

...spread you light during these dark times and then dance and sing!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh that was horrific Iris, just watching the video freaked me out 😱 Absolutely the organisers (?) should be held responsible, way too many people for that space. If they had to pay to go in the organisers would have made a fortune, they shouldn't get away with it! The lights in Kings Park were wonderful, was funny P worrying in case you got lost 😀

Iris Flavia said...

Tom,I wish the people responsible could sing and dance in jail with the devil.
On hot coals...

____

Grace, yes.
You can see now why I was a bit scared in Kings Park that night. Which was unneccesary, thanks to you all :-)

gigi-hawaii said...

Anything can start a panic anywhere. Too bad so many people died or got injured.

Jeanie said...

I wasn't familiar with the Loves Parade. That's just tragic...

Iris Flavia said...

gigi, yes, but this was badly organzed and the people who planned it roam free. That´s like laughing about it, even...

____

Jeanie, tragic and unfair. No responsibilty?! No sentence?!

Bill said...

That's terrible and I can't believe I never heard of it. I'll watch the video later when I have more time. Thanks for sharing and have a nice evening, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Bill, yes, just what I thought, the info never left Germany...
Just watch bits and pieces, that will be enough and have a nice evening, still!

magiceye said...

Depressing times. Lockdown makes it worse.

River said...

Ten years to reach a decision? TEN YEARS! And then to decide nothing should be done? So those people who died, it's like they mean nothing? I know nothing about the situation, Maybe it wasn't on the news here on in the papers, or maybe I was too busy then to read and watch.

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, I´m sorry you still live in lockdown, we had none and shops are open - with restrictions.

____

River, I think it was in the German news only.
But it really unbelievable these people get away with nothing!
So many people´s lives went down the drain. A couple of years ago I w#saw an interview with some survivors, the struggle all the time with anxiety...

Stevenson said...

Hello Iris, I have been caught up with so much workload at work but I am so happy that I am almost done so I thought I'd visit your blog first on my break time. I haven't heard about the Love Parade Tragedy and thank you for the links you shared, this is a nightmare. I feel super sorry for the people who died and those that are injured not just physically but surely the event created trauma on their minds :( Plus the news that the organizers were not sentenced just makes it worse. I really hope those lives that were taken away plus those that have been spared but will live a life of misery and trauma will find justice.

Iris Flavia said...

Dear Stevonson, thank you, that is a big compliment you step by here, and even first!
I am with you, you can only hope the survivors - and also the parents of the 21 who died - find joy in life again.
And that those who made these very dumb decisions will regret it deeply every day, even if they live in "freedom".

William Kendall said...

That is terrible.