Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Start At Zero



Step one: a little breakfast.

Step two:



Tell myself I can do the online-job interview, but I fear technical problems. Contact person went on holiday and just left a note that she won´t answer e-mails.
No other contact and on their website just a form. Installed Skype, maybe wrong, too.

It´s weird times anyways.
Signs.

Saw no sign at ALDI, went inside, no baskets.
At some places you have to have a trolley, some are free, at others you need a Euro, some allow baskets - masks ALWAYS.

Well, once inside you cannot get out at ALDI, so I went, grabbed my tomatoes, kept the proper distance and the cash-out lady screamed (!!! yes, she screamed from far, far away)...

"Look what I have to endure, no trolley, I get the manager!!!!"
Which she did. I friendly said to the man there was no sign.
"YES THERE IS A SIGN!!", I wonder where.
"But I keep the proper distance. And wear a mask, too."
"That is not the point!!!"

I put the tomatoes on a free desk and left via empty check-out.

I´d rather not go back to that place.

It´s like Ingo said. They have the power now to treat you like they want. And some misuse it.

What is the point, I wore a mask and kept the distance.

Well, anyhows, Henry, ... step three:



This is for "Tom´s "Signs 2".

And this is what I wanna be able to say soon:

27 comments:

Ella said...

I am sure you can easily do the interviu! YES, YOU CAN!
I'd rather not go to the shops …
We are not obliged to wear a mask in the shops, but we do have a trolley and it is free.
As of 1 June, only in public transport you have to wear a mask!
Have you moved the billiard table in the bedroom? LOL
Don't forget ... YES YOU CAN !!!! Yeeee ...
Finger cross and stay calm!
A little BIG hug for my COLONEL! xoxo

Iris Flavia said...

I fear technical problems (mainly?), but in a couple of minutes my T will make a test-drive with me - different program, as Skype, what they use, did not work (!!!), but better than nothing!

Well, there is still the bed in the bedroom, right? ;-)
Guess I have to take a pic of how small that room is, LOL!
Ingo put a paravent in front and I hope it´s without cam anyways. But, I´m dressed "nicely" and all jsut in case.

Thank you for your support, Ella, a little big Hathi hug to you xoxo

Tom said...

...I always enjoyed shopping at Aldi, but with the virus I haven't been there in two months. My children shop for us. Good luck Iris with your job search!!!

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, a) no more, b) went wrong, alas!

Sami said...

How rude of the cashier at Aldi! I wouldn't go back either!
Most people use Zoom nowadays instead of Skype, which seems to have gone out of fashion...
Good luck with the interview, you can do it! xxx

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh that lady was lucky you just put the tomatoes down and left, I would have done the same but it would have been tempting to yell back 😉 I laughed out loud when I watched the pineapple video, hilarious 😀😀 Hope the interview went well Iris 💙

Iris Flavia said...

Sami.. I´m in Germany. We´re beind. I think to most "zoom" is a function in the cam... They never sent me a link, either...

____

Grace, Ingo said he´d stomped on the tomatoes and said, "uuhhhhh, sorry", too!
I like pineapple, on toast. :-)
There are many more fun ads on that alien learning our languages :-)

Company did not show up, something went wrong...

Stevenson said...

Just as Ella said it, You can do this Iris! We are all here and praying and rooting for you! Saying prayers for you on this job interview and I have full confidence that you can do this :)

Iris Flavia said...

Stevenson, sadly too late, they did not show up!!! I hope for a response on the why tomorrow...

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh. I'm sorry your Aldi is so bad. That's horrible. Ours is nothing like that. Very clean. Friendly and if I have to turn around and leave, I can. I'm very sorry yours is horrible. Sounds like that cashier needs to go home as well because the stress might be too much for her.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Not sure what free desk is? In our store there usual some non profit organization, will put a box for people to donate food. Usual it goes to our local food bank.
Best luck of your interview.

At Home In New Zealand said...

I would never return to that shop again! I have shops that I have avoided now for years - there are other places to go so why put up with such unreasonable rudeness?
I am sorry you are having so much trouble in your job-hunt. I hope things fall into place for you soon. Mxx

Iris Flavia said...

Happy Whisk, the ALDI is clean, but the doors open only in one direction!
And those people were just arrogant, none of the customers complained as they saw I follow the rules otherwise...

____

Dora, they don´t use every cash-out due to to little personell. I took that one and left the food there and just left.

____

Margaret, I agree a bit. Most are nice at that ALDI, maybe just a bad day for two people there?
Job hunt.. bad, yes, let´s see what´ll be in "store", Ixx

gigi-hawaii said...

Bad experience at Aldi, but I hope you have a good experience with the job interview. Good luck, Iris.

RedPat said...

Those were very rude people! What difference does it make if you followed the rules but didn't have a trolley!

Valerie-Jael said...

I have had only good experiences here in Aldi and the other shops. Good luck with the interview!

Bill said...

We pay €2 for the Aldi trolley. Sorry you had a bad experience there. the cashier probably was having a bad day but still no need to scream. Why do you have to have a trolley anyway. We went to Aldi yesterday and I bought something and didn't have a trolley. It was just one item too. Hope the interview went well, nice and smooth.
I sure you are having a nice evening since the interview probably has been completed. 14C and sunny here.

Lowcarb team member said...

So sorry you had such a bad experience in Aldi.

Good luck with your job search and interview.

All the best Jan

magiceye said...

I think everyone is confused how to behave in the new scenario.
Henry seems to be happiest pawing around the place.

Carola Bartz said...

Ich bin, als wir noch in Deutschland lebten, ganz gern zu Aldi gegangen, aber so ein Verhalten ist ja echt zum abkotzen. Nein, da würde ich auch nicht mehr hingehen. Hier kaufe ich meine Lebensmittel bei Trader Joe's ein, gehört Aldi Nord, aber was für ein Unterschied - kein Vergleich zu Aldi.

Carola Bartz said...

Oh, und ich hoffe, das Interview lief gut!

Azka Kamil said...

nice article :)

River said...

That Aldi person must panic very easily, they should fire her and give you the job. There is never any excuse for screaming at the customers.

Manav Singhi said...

In India this problem is much more than you can imagine. When you give some authority to someone they start thinking themselves as supreme and respond in a way that they are the only one who are saving the world. These people has stoped using their brains or apply simple logic. . . Iris You Have a Nice and Safe Day. . . :)

Jim said...

Interesting.

Iris Flavia said...

gigi, I can go to another ALDI, and will! And the interview is postponed to June...

____

RedPat it was kindy! Not again there...

____

Valerie, me usually, too, good experiences, this was one sad example...

____

Jan, some are... maybe exhausted and get mean?

____

Carola! LOL, ja, das war echt zum abkotzen!!! Hatte ich TK-Ware gehabt hätten die gekotzt!Wenn sie´s gefunden haben.
Ja, wir sind ALDI Nord und haben Trader Joe's, gute Ware!
Interview ist verschoben,leider...

___

River, the manager screamed, also!!!

____

Manav, yes, sadly some do think so, luckily only few here!!

___

Jim, well said! ;-)

Jeanie said...

I can understand why you fear technical difficulties in the interview. That would be my biggest fear - I have trouble figuring out zoom. But you are far more technical than I -- you can do it! You WILL do it!

Store lady sounds a little over the top. The tomatoes aren't worth the aggravation!