Tuesday, May 12, 2020
T STands For Laugh Your Hea(T)d Off, Corinna!
My Brother has two small Daughters. And a cat - and certainly a wife.. - Don´t get this wrong, this is but a coin I brought home from Australia, they live only 60km away from me, in Germany...
Thanks to "Corinna" kindies and schools are closed and he really from time to time needs a good talk.
Being the big Sister I´m the choice.
What I am up to?, he asked.
"Eat."
"Eat?"
"I have a lot to eat!"
"Bought 'fresh' dough and we didn´t use it. The bag was indicating... hmmm, not so fresh anymore, but!"
See here....
"I do not throw away food if not really necessary.
Plus..
a) I had two old tomatoes - make sauce!!!
b) I got our Dad´s stomach, I can take it, eventually."
"Oh. And I´d also..."
".... bought Tortelloni, fresh. Best before 5 days ago."
Let´s return to b)
Sadly Ingo cannot have that at all, so... just me - four more days of food.
Bro was outside with the kids and the neighbours must´ve thought he´s lost it for good, he laughed his head off, like totally - he has Mum´s stomach and would puke till all is out.
OK the dough, that really was an experiment, the bag was really big.
But, my stomach took it!
Over 4 days I ate it up, too! :-)
Dad once had to make brekkie by himself.
He took the next pan he found. There was still detergent with water in it, he just emptied it and made a fried egg. In the rests of detergent.
Got in the car, felt a lille sick, stopped, puked and went on with life, so what?
I once had noodle salad at a party. The mayonnaise wasn´t good anymore.
At home I puked out the mayo with noodles, the peas and other good stuff my stomach kept.
So what?
We call it "horse-stomach", Pferdemagen, which is not logical, as horses cannot puke, if I´m right.
"I also have one potatoe Ingo did not eat, another meal."
"WHAT??? ONE potatoe???"
"I´ll add an egg and a gherkin, some mushrooms, that´s enough."
Now, my Brother is what we call a "7-headed caterpillar".
He can eat!
He also works hard so he looks fine.
Thank you, "Corinna", without you we´d never had this conversation. I used up all the calories I took in by laughing them off!
It was as if we were kids again!
My choice of drink after that: A pause!!!
Taking part in Elizabeth and Bleubeard´s "T Stands For Tuesday".
Art-wise...
Another 60-90-seconds sketch (This is what it´s all about):
This...
It is too tempting, we need humour and no one really died here!
OK, Ingo says I always assume everybody knows what I mean, this is from Monty Python's Life of Brian, and look how they all "dance" in the end! Look on the bright side of life, laugh! We´ll get through this!
Lion of the day:
Braunschweiger Verkehrs-GmbH... soon we´ll be out and about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








47 comments:
I wouldn't dare eat the tortellini if it has a meat filling. I buy fresh too, but then divide a 4 person package into individual containers and freeze them so they don't go bad. I wouldn't like to be taking chances with food poisoning like you do. You've been lucky so far, but maybe be a little more careful now? We don't want to lose you.
"Ach", my stomach is trong, the freezer expensive ;-)
No worries, my nose is pretty good, too, if it smells bad it goes to the bin. You won´t get rid of me that soon, not food wise!
And it was worth all the laughing it caused, especially the one potatoe.
The coin is beautiful ... but the story ... don't know! If it's about vomiting, mayo and noodles ... then I don't have "horse-stomach"!
The lion is beautiful ... let's call it "the flying BSVG" ... better was "the flying Dutchman" LOL
Enjoy your day Hathi! A big little hug for you! xoxo
Well, Ella, actually it was about food declared "bad", but I took it and was "good", Elephants do that ;-) They take a lot!
Yes, I was told by Sami to not give the beautiful coin away, and I listen to advice :-)
Now. Henry will have to learn to fly!!! Or swim, rather. Poor guy, that´s what happened when he was in Africa! He could not swim!
Luckily Hathis can, a little BIG hug to you xoxo
You are fortunate to have such a strong stomach. I have had food poisoning a couple of times and it was really bad. Now I find that as I grow older I get really fussy about the quality of what I eat.
I like your "look on the bright side of life" - stay cheerful! Mxx
I often eat things that are past their date, if they look and smell okay, it's good. No problems there. Have a great day, happy T day, Valerie
Oh, Margaret, I am sorry. I have witnessed this with my Brother, too.
Yes, I am very thankful for my stomach-genes!
Let´s eat healthy and look on the bright side! I xx
____
Valerie, yes, I check on smell and looks and if OK, eat.
A happy T-day to you, Iris
I must admit we never waste foo but I wouldn't eat anything that looked dodgey or massively out of date either.
My husband loves Monty Python, I could never get the jokes, always seemed too silly to laugh at but he still laughs when he sees it, so do my sons!
Happy T Day
Jan x
Jan, I always smell first, my nose decides if the food is still OK :-)
Well, I agree, Monty Python... I haven´t seen anything in ages and might find it boring.
But this song just screams for these days...
A happy T-day, Iris x
I Love it Iris! Another thing we have in common! My stomach is quite strong to food that is "almost" perished HAHAHA There once a time My mo brought me home some fried rice in Manila! The thing though, it was packed and cloed when it was still hot and rice gets bad ealiy that way. So I was so excite dto eat and opened the pack, the rice was all super sticky already but still I ate it. then my Mom saw me and asked how was it, I said "it's good but is it really cooked sticky?" then she shouted at me "WHY DID YOU STILL ATE IT! IT'S ALREADY BAD!!" Well I already had 5 spoons of it but yeah, I did not get sick! hahaha for others, it would take just a spoonful and they'll be poisoned already!
Lesson learned for me that time is that rice is not supposed to be sticky, if it is, it's already bad HAHAHAHAHA
Stevenson!!! Big BIG LOL!
Thank you for the warning! I nearly fell off my chair, laughing.
To stomaches who take it!!
Oh, I love fried rice and make it often. Kinda fresh, though! ;-)
If you ever come to Braunschweig, let me know an hour in advance!
How do you do your rice?
I just cook, then fry, then add harrissa or such, maybe mushrooms, an egg...
Do you use sticks or a fork? I can use sticks only with noodles.
hahaha cheers to our strong stomachs Iris! Fried rice are the best! Here's a little secret that you can try on your next fried rice. Its good to add scrambled eggs that are chopped into the rice mixture but after adding all your ingredients, on a separate bowl, beat a couple of egg and add half a cup of water and beat it really good. Then just before you put the stove off, pour in the egg-water mixture to the rice pan and stir the rice fast as to coat all of it evenly with the egg mixture. it will give you this savory scent and taste to the dish! Then after mixing, make sure it gets dry (again, we don;t want sticky fried rice) then serve! Oh that would be delish!
Oh will do! I hope Corrina will finally give an end to her reign and we can all travel soon! Would really have to add Brunswick to my list of stops on my next Europe trip someday! We need to do our laughs real time!!!
Oh and yes! We use spoons and forks for rice, but while I was in China, I had to use sticks and the key to eating rice is placing it on a bowl, putting the bowl just a bit under your lips, then you push the rice with the stick into your mouth :)
I really like that cute coin. It was a great lead in to your story about you and your brother's recent conversation.
I have a pretty hard stomach, too. I remember back in high school and I was pledging to a "sorority." I KNOW, I was young and dumb, what can I say. They had us pledges eat silly things until we puked. It didn't take long for most girls, but they just kept giving me stuff. They finally gave me hot vinegar and salt. I don't know what it was, because I had consumed a lot worse earlier in the night, but this made me sick as a dog. It all came up and to this day I can't eat anything that contains vinegar. That's why I refuse to eat oil and vinegar on salads.
I really LOVE your Sweet Pause Tea. It looks like something I would drink. Thanks for sharing your food stories with your brother, your sketches, and your tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.
Water??? Really? I´d tend to milk??
Haha, no sticky rice, LOL
I just had some 4-day old egg-stuff Hubby didn´t like. All good so far :-)
Henry and I wait for you! :-) Bet we will have fun!
Oh, nooo... doesn´t that make terrible munching noises with that bowl and the rice?! I have my Dad´s genes. No noise whilst eating!
So, chopsticks just for fried noodles!
...do you have an interesting in starting a mail order pizza business. I so, I'll start ordering!
Elizabeth, that is awful!!! You can never ever enjoy salt and vinegar chips then, soooo yummy!
Sad how stupid we sometimes were when being young!
But that´s life, right...
For salads I take oil. That´s it. Sometimes flavoured.
Ingo fusses around with oil, vinegar, mustard etc, pfff... I don´t need that!
But fries also come great with vineg... forget it!
Your food looks delicious. Happy T-Day!
Monty Python seems just right for now. We watched "the life of brian" a few weeks ago while already shut in the house -- hadn't seen it for years. "Always look on the bright side..." And don't waste food!
be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Anne, thank you :-)
____
Mae, I haven´t seen the movie for years! I need to again!
Had some old egg-stuff today, smelled OK, let´s see ;-)
Funny girl! Thanks for the morning laughs. The ones you created *and* the Monty Python.... I have to come back to listen later because the other person in this tiny bit house is still asleep (I lost my earphones)... I don’t think he would be looking on the bright side if I woke him up early with Eric Idle! (But I already have the song in my head, just from seeing your words and picture). ..... Be safe....don’t eat any food that has green mold on it ))).
I have enjoyed reading this post and can imagine the conversation you had with your brother about food and other stuff. Its good to talk.
You are lucky to have a strong stomach many of us are not so lucky.
However my nose is worth its weight in gold, everything gets sniffed at here when I open a bag that may be slightly out of date. Usually vegetables because they have really short sell by dates from our supermarkets.
Happy T day wishes.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx
Loved seeing the coin.
I wouldn't eat spoiled food-but that's just me, I know during tough times many will but I would do without as I have a messed up digestive system. I would end up really sick. glad you can eat it though
enjoy seeing your lions-Happy T hugs Kathy
Sallie :-)
Is there a better way to wake up but with that first part of the song?
No worries, come mold I´m out :-)))
___
Yvonne :-) Despite my Brother is a Goldsmith and my nose is pretty good at sniffing ... too small for a good price, "runs" in our family! ;-)
Iris xx
____
Kathy, I know how lucky I am with that stomach! And I´m sorry for those who have allergies and all that.
I can never give sweets to my youngest Niece as her big Sis has diabetis I and, weee.... trouble!
I know others allergic to peanuts etc, I´m really lucky with my genes! Hugs to you and to fresh food!
Oh, Iris, you made me laugh. I loved hearing about your "horse-stomach." I have a very sensitive stomach due to colon issues. I have finally learned what not to eat, which has alleviated most of my symptoms. But I admire those individuals that have a tough stomach. I don't like to waste food either so I understand where you are coming from.
That is so nice that your brother still calls you for a chat.
And I love your sketch this week.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate
One of my favorite movies, and certainly one of my favorite songs. Thank you so much for that!
I've had good conversations during this, too, and I'm so very glad. I feel more in touch than ever! I'm so glad you had a good talk with your brother. That's just the best! And creative cooking, too!
Oh, Kate, I know how very lucky I am with that stomach!!
Hubby needed years to learn what to eat and what not and now that I started cooking I need to learn to do it in a way he can join.
Yes, my Brother, huh. Sad we cannot meet. But we´re all in this, right, stupid boat. Balance!
A happy T-day to you, Iris
____
Oh, Jeanie, I had a very hard time deciding if to publish that song as there are so many deaths in reality.
So many people crying on their losses. Or fearing it still.
And yes, I know you sadly have no Siblings, it´s worth all the fights we had as kids, I love him dearly. Mostly... ;-)
too funny! You have such a great sense of humor, but alas, I do not have such a strong stomach. Tea for me please. Happy T day!
Linda :-)
To Tea! A happy one!
The coin is so pretty, I've never come across it.
I also seem to have a strong stomach.
The drawing is pretty good Iris, you really should continue. Also art is good for stress.
Yes, I have a Pferdemagen too! We eat stuff that is out of date. I'm really sensible about it. If it smells or tastes 'off' then I won't eat it. Hubby eats food with mold on it. He just cuts the mold off and away we go! We are a bit careful with cooked rice as that can be quite toxic when gone off, but other things... no problem.
I love that coin. How unusual.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca
I'm focused on the pizza and Tortelloni and rethinking my supper choices ;) It looks so good! Happy T Tuesday
The pizza looks good.
Lisca, no mold! when you see it it´s likely, aw, well, if you can take it, so what! :-)
____
Divers and Sundry, both was yummy :-)
____
William, it was!
A cheerful tune for the day! Thanks, Iris!
Sami, wasn´t it you who told me to keep that coin?
____
RedPat, them I´m glad I published it it,I wasn´t sure everybody would think it´s funny...
I love homemade pizza, that is our Fridays menu every week. Tortelloni is olso good, we had some a few days ago with veggies mixed in.
A lion with wings, pretty cool.
Have a nice evening, very cool and raining today.
Well, you are alive so the food must have been edible. It is great that you have such a good relationship with your brother. Blessings!
Fabulous post! The coin is wonderful and wow, all that yummy food you shared is making me hungry š. I could happily eat the pizza and tortellini - yum! Monty Python always make me smile and I'm loving the flying lion too. Happy T Day wishes! Take care! Hugs, Jo x
Uff, I think my stomach is not as strong as yours Iris, I think I could not eat something that is very dated, just some yogurt, which I know I can eat after many expired days. You are very lucky. Happy T-day!
I love your drawing, how fast you do it.
It is true that you have to laugh in life, otherwise it would be very sad.
Wish you a very nice Wednesday, stay safe, and
Big hugs, Caty
Now I have that song in my head...ha-ha, but there are worse songs. I hate to waste food too. Your pizza looks so yummy. I think a few days over the date and as long as it is not smelling bad or moldy, go for it. I have a tough stomach too. But your plate is very cute. I hope you had a super T day and some good food. Hugs-Erika
Beautiful Photos - Classic Story - Super Fun Post
Cheers
Bill, then I reckon your food is always fresh :-)
And yummy! A nice day to you!
____
Gigi,it was even still yummy, and yes, I am aware how wonderful it is to have a Brother like him!
____
Jo, if you´d been here I wouldn´d have had to eat four times of each meal ;-)
Hugs x
____
Caty, ohhhh. my yoghurt! Help, I think that´ll talk to me, LOL.
The drawings were cut that short by the professor, but that was good!
Yes, let´s laugh!, and big hugs back, Iris
____
Erika, that song is truly "bad", it sticks, LOL.
To strong stomaches, and cute plates. Yes, it´s for kids,but we all still are one, too, right.
Hugs, Iris
____
Padre, you´re very welcome :-)
Loooove Monty Python, classic British humour that you either get or not.. I did šš I have a fairly strong stomach but then again I'm not very adventurous with food choices šš
Very funny phone conversation, Iris. I bet it brightened the day for both of you.
Your food looks very good, but I hope you can get out soon to get some fresh. I hope we all can!
Happy T-Day! Eileen xx
Grace, I admit, I haven´t seen the movie in ages! Have to! :-)
____
Eileen, yes, my Brother made my day. Oh, we can get out, but I do not throw away food ;-)
This post made me laugh so much! It's the one thing hubby and I disagree on - he would once throw everything away just one day after a 'use by' date, I have persuaded him that it is not necessary! 'Best before' I don't worry about so much - that said, we very rarely have things that go to date, and at the moment never, as we are staying in and not eating out on the spur of the moment! Have a good week! Belated happy T day! Chrisx
Thanks for the laugh, but I have a delicate stomach š¤¢š¤®Happy T Day
Post a Comment