Tuesday, July 26, 2022

1960+ Is 2020+


 In case you wonder why I ponder so much on this book with the dog named Six-Thirty....

In the 1950´s women had to fight to find a role in the world. In the men´s world, in science.
To be more than "but a housewife" - and they fought successfully.
 
We live on this now, thankfully!
 
I see many a man taking the baby outside by himself.
 

 
Ingo, his, my brother, they all do housework, cook and all.

I am accepted as a member in a men´s world, no worries! My opinion counts.
This was a fact all my working life, my real working life.
 
I was a graduated engineer, working as trainee to have a job at all and was treated like sh#t, being the only woman.
I know both sides.

2022. America having issues with abortion. 
Women are declined their rights over their bodies.
Baby to be will be handicapped? You get it anyways! No one thinks about the harm this will do to the mother/parents/"child" in their life or when the first die.

I have a half-cousin who is mentally very handicapped. What happens when her parents pass?
 

You got raped and have to have the child of a "monster" - how are you supposed to love it?

We in Germany get the Muslim world so much in, it´s crazy.
I get called "whore" (in their language, thanks to Deepl I know anyways) for wearing German/European summer clothes in German summer in Germany.
They get wash-houses that cost a fortune and they don´t use them - just to make a point to show how mighty they are.

I was in Egypt in the 80´s.
It was still more or less a free country, but visiting a mosque I wore proper clothes and took my shoes off - not a question.

I expect the same here.
Women covered totally, you only see the eyes - they freak not only kids out.
 
And no!!!
No "husband" around.
Think they do it for provocation.
"You work for me, sl#t, you!", they seem to scream in your face.
Learning German? What for? They get people from the German state to translate.
To tell them how to get money.

It is as frustrating as America´s problem with abortion.
Or weapons, for that matter.

We all go back to the Middle Ages it seems!

This novel shows in a funny, ironic way how to fight for the good, for progress.

What do YOU think about all of this?

I sometime heard you have 6 months to learn the English language when you come to America. Find a job, some job. Or... go home.
Is that true?

Anyways.


The book is "but" a novel, but it could and I bet somehow is true.
It´s one for men and women to read cause it´s full of fun, irony and truth.

And you learn cooking facts from the chemical point of view.
Pass the sodium chloride, please.

So far:

Henry 🦁

 
To equality and science, to fun and irony, to love and a good life, to friendship, THIS is what the book is all about.
I´ll "feed" you more, join, if you like.
Other go here: Lessons in Chemistry and enjoy!
 
Either way you came here I also certainly joined Elizabeth with T-Day
(Just scroll down) 
 

18 comments:

Bertiebo said...

I agree, I agree, I agree, I agree!!!!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
It needed to get out!

Tom said...

...those old ketchup could be difficult to open.

Nancy Chan said...

Oh yes, women came a long way in a men's world. Men has their role to play and women has their role to play. Some men are better in taking care of babies than some women. This is a compliment.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom!!! Are you kidding me?! Oh, LOL, really? Oh, boy!

____

Nancy, you are right! My Brother sure is better with kids than I am!

magiceye said...

The world seems to be regressing sadly.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes... it is sad indeed...

Jeanie said...

I don't know what is involved with our immigration rules regarding English. I do hate it though, when people are impolite or rude --no matter where they are from, local or otherwise. Here a restaurant up north closed during one of its town's busiest festival weekend of the year because the patrons were being rude and abusive to the staff. The manager said she would not have her people treated that way. And those doing the treating? The middle-upper to upper-class tourists and summer residents who visit this town from downstate and feel entitled to be "served" -- NOW.

Rudeness and entitlement has just increased massively here since Trump was president.

Iris Flavia said...

Progress is something different, I agree!

Bill said...

Some men just think they are the kings of the world and don't care what anyone thinks.

Iris Flavia said...

I think those go extinct.
Or... wait, no. We have a new group who lives in the Middle Ages, so, sadly you are right, Bill....

Iris Flavia said...

And P.S... my name translated is Emperor 🤣

Carola Bartz said...

I agree, we are on the way back to the Middle Ages.
I also agree with Jeanie, there is no need to be impolite or rude, no matter the language or the location.
Now, about immigration to the US. There are MANY people here who come to the US who do NOT speak the language. If you want a job in the service sector (health care, hospitality etc) it is a plus if you're bilungual, meaning English and Spanish. When you want to become a US citizen you have to pass the Civics test (I wish ALL Americans had to take it) and a language test that any first grader in Germany could pass. The language test is a joke. And it seems that all the people working in the immigration and naturalization services are immigrants themselves who are now US citizens. At least that was our experience.

Bill said...

Emperor Iris, you have my respect. I am a mere humble servant.:)

Amypie71 said...

I think society still has a long way to go with equality, look at America making abortion illegal, I mean I don't like the issue either but I"m not naiive enough to believe it's a black and white issue, there are lots of gray areas in between. It's like they have taken a step backwards to the time before women got the vote.

Iris Flavia said...

Carole, oh! What is said and what´s reality seems to be two different pairs of shoes!
The Australian test not that easy (but we both passed).

____

Bill, you crack me up, LOL!

____

Amy, yes, it is still a long way, but we also have come quite a bit, thanks to stubborn women who prove we are not dumb(er) than men.

River said...

Thank you for the book information. I won't buy it from Amazon though, their delivery fee to Australia is ridiculous!

dee Nambiar said...

Oh gosh! I'm still trying to make sense of the pro-life argument. The people who say an unborn child's life is important don't seem to think the lives lost due to 'military-style weapons on the streets' are important. 🤨
🫤🤨