Friday, July 29, 2022

FFO - Aloha and Six-Thirty

 
 

Yipeeee. King Frog and I are HAPPY! Summer is the best part of the year here.

And I´m so glad we live the "new normal" aka working from home. 
Started at 06:00 am and a colleague put me in a meeting 3-3:30 p.m. 

I´m not allowed to make +hours, but, no worries, Xtra-long lunch break at my private PC!
Yes, in "former life" I could´ve taken a book for a longer break, but what would that cause?
Customer sees me reading a book - the "lazy external again!" 

I know what I´m talking about, too.
2001, navis expensive, internet, too, my Bro wanted to visit me.
I printed and faxed (!) one (!!!!) document with the route to him.
 
Female customer saw this little scene, went to my teamleader and informed him I´m sending out "party-invitations to friends from the customer´s account!!!"
Lucky me´d asked teamleader beforehand and the boomerang came back to her - she didn´t look me in the face for days.

How mean can some women be?
We have a word for that, "Zickenkrieg"

This woman is super-nice and happy and says hi to especially Tom:


This is for Nicole´s FFO.

And some more wisdom, if you like?

 
It´s a bit scary how this fits in!!! 
I made screenshots of my kindle when reading, this is chronologically!
And here goes (shortcuts to the essential):

 
Book here.
 
Henry ๐Ÿฆ

 
Addendum: And for the Friday´s smiles:
 
 
Ingo has a day off > service "in the office"!
ALOHA!
 

 


20 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

A friend just returned from working in Germany and she told me that summer in Germany is better than here because ours is hot and humid. Lucky you asked your team leader beforehand or else you would be in trouble. Oh, so nice to have fresh cherries. Yums.

Iris Flavia said...

Please tell your friend I´d be willing to trade places - especially come Autumn and Winter!
Yes, lucky thing I did ask, was a total newbie back then! And external.

My name is Erika. said...

I worked for 35 years with another biology teacher who always wanted to make my life pure hell. Luckily there were 2 other teachers in my immediate team, and a whole department around us who all had the same experiences. She just thought it was her job to "correct" everyone. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with her and her hissy fits any more. I think there is at least 1 in every job. I'm glad you have some nice weather and some yummy cherries too. They are the best. Have a great weekend! Hope the weather stays warm. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, there is ALWAYS one. I have one again, correcting everybody in an arrogant way, never joining jokes.
Met him at the summer party personally - not a fun dude.
Meeting today. Three people joking and laughing. Him: Not a sound.
Yes, my weather, warm but cloudy, my skin is happy :-)
To a great weekend, hugs!

William Kendall said...

My work day varies, and I have my own office. If I'm not doing a lecture, more often than not I'm working from home.

sirkkis said...

Thank you and the nice "alola" girl for greetings ๐Ÿ’š Weather here is just suitable not too hot but sunny ๐ŸŒž
I'm so old that have forgotten every
mean women ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘
Happy weekend ๐ŸŒบ

Iris Flavia said...

William, an office sounds good. Here I mix work with private...

____

sirkkis, ๐Ÿคฃ - I hope to forget such colleagues one day, too - just got another instead.
My weather here, too - hot, no sun (I´m allergic to the sun, the irony in life).
Happy weekend! ⛱

Jeanie said...

I'm not quite sure I get it. You have to sit at your computer and people can see you or if you're working on something else when you are in down time or lunch? You couldn't send a message from another program while your computer is on? Or your phone? SOunds like that one person is a stickler but you were smart to check it out first!

Iris Flavia said...

2001 we worked in the office, so people saw what you did.
Now I work from home.
At MS Teams I can set my status to "will be back", that counts as proper break.

Certainly if things are "burning" I will do that, work anyways and take the time off when it fits in, leaving the status on green.

I think we are all mature enough to work honestly around the system ๐Ÿ˜.

Back in the day I worked 10+ hours (+ 1 1/2 hours driving), eating whilst working, wrote down a break of 45 minutes (the nasty one was gone, but she would not have reported this, cause it was positive!). The customer saw this and we found proper ways to have everybody content.

Like... allowing me to start 05:45 am or having 6 weeks in a row of holidays, if properly planned.

magiceye said...

I like Henry's attitude! Chilled out!

DVArtist said...

A very nice aloha girl. Yes, there always has to be someone at work that is just not happy and had to make it miserable for everyone else. As you know it is always cool here, but the last few days it's been cold and overcast. We are just about the only place in the US that is NOT in a heat crisis. Thank you for joining Friday Face Off and have a great day today.

Christine said...

Lovely summmer art!

RedPat said...

Some people can be so mean and intolerant. It is good that you work from home now and people can't watch you.

Bill said...

I love fresh cherries. We used to have a cherry tree and eating them became an addiction. :) It's good that you can work from home, it sure beats driving every day.

Amypie71 said...

ha. you got her, just as well you covered your butt. Cherries can be really expensive here, sometimes people charge $35NZD for a smaller container full but they are my favourite fruit.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for slow mail Henry! I love him hugs

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, Henry know the way of life :-)

____

Nicole, sad with such people who are so unhappy. One would nearly feel for them, mearly....
Sad about your weather!

____

CHristine, thank you :-) Aloha!

____

RedPat, well, I have one in my ear now! REckon there is always one.

____

Bill, yes - some are still in the fridge :-)
My family had two, we as kids lived in cherry heaven!
Agreed 100% - so glad there is no car with costs, looking for parking, risking life on the road anymore. All the time saved, too!

____

Amy, yes, it felt good! Being pretty sometimmes ain´t enough, LOL! I used my brain, was the better choice.
We ised to have cherry trees, sadly too old and gone now.
No idea how much Ingo paid, I don´t want to know! It´s a short time in the year and we don´t go to the pub/cinema etc...

____

Kathy, what? He must´ve been RUNNING! I sent snail mail to Australia - it took so long I thought it got lost!

Anonymous said...

lately the mail from me to you or you to me is super fast-must be Henry hugs

NatureFootstep said...

Love the sweet Aloha dancing girl :) I have visited Hawaii once and did dance myself. Not that good though. :) :)

Rain said...

Oooh cherries!!! ☺☺
Iris, I knew people like the one you mentioned, they are just intent on ruining people's days - probably because they are miserable themselves. Glad it boomeranged back on her! I love your aloha lady! ♥