Sunday, July 19, 2026

Balcony Love

 

I got Jeff Koons "Balloon Dog" as keyholders - aren´t they too cute?
 
 
Remember the gigantic red one hopping about at "Night at the Museum"?
I  tried to capture them in the kitchen cause this is for Nicole´s...
 

 ... but I hope the balcony counts as room, too and gives you for Gillena some...
 

 Henry 🦁
 
 
Please do that outside and not in the room above our bed... thank you. Happy Sunday!
And to Dad. You left us on this day 2002. 
 
 
Hihi.. Erika said to be happy I met Dad. I remember when Ingo and I went to Bremen with him and his "star-friends". I ordered Labskaus at the restaurant and they had the beetroot IN it - just like I by accident did at age 14 and Dad got really upset.
 
Now I can laugh seeing his face when I got it just that way!!!
All his friends wanted to taste and I left hungry. 
 

 

19 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Tom, yes, always... often...

My name is Erika. said...

Those are really cute key chains. And I hope you are not too sad today Celebrate that you knew your dad and had time with him. (Of course,
easier to say that than to sometimes do that.)

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Erika, all good. I´m sad he met none of his Granddaughters. Worked hard all his life, from age 14 on, passed at 65. But you are right. I remember how Ingo and I went to Bremen with him... I have to add that!

Christine said...

May your dad rest in peace. Cute animals.

Iris Flavia said...

Hope if they serve Labskaus in heaven they have the beet root as side dish ;-) That´s how Ingo serves it, too.

Jeanie said...

Big hugs, Iris.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for sharing your dad -memories with us, May He Resg In Peace
Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles

Much love

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Jeanie - as long as we remember them, they´re not gone!

Iris Flavia said...

Seems like Dad stole the doggy-show! So typical ;-)

RedPat said...

I like the keychains, Iris.
You have nice memories of your father.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, RedPat and yes. He was some man...

DVArtist said...

Very cute animals and Henry is magnificent. Memories of our dads are all we have.

DVArtist said...

Forgot. Thank you for joining SITAR.

Iris Flavia said...

Always love and yes... as long as in our hearts they´re all here!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, the animals are so cute, and Henry looks amazing! Love and hugs to you, dear friend.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the keychains, and Henry is so colourful.

Yes, certain days and memories of loved ones lost are always with us ... sending a hug to you.

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, dear friend Linda, and all the way back!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to both and a hug back.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love the balloon dogs. Thanks for sharing memories of your dad.