Thursday, August 02, 2018

What A Sat - Part III



For dinner we went to Herman´s for the yummiest bacon burger.
But Ingo doesn´t look happy, no?

The other day the waitress asked if we come by weekly and the waiter also knows what we like, all nice people.

Saturday we took a place in the shadow.
The table had raindrops even two hours later.
And a "new waiter" came and really asked us to change to a dry table (in the sun, too).

We ordered the burger and asked - as usual - to have it served cut in half and on two plates.
"I won´t do that. Doesn´t look nice, burger falls apart."

Well, that was when we should´ve left, no?
But (sadly) we didn´t.
So instead of being cut with a sharp knive in the kitchen we had to do it ourselves with a butterknive.



(See how large the tables are - would take about an hour to clean one from raindrops (not pigeon-poo or something, plain water!)).
The burger was yummy as always but I think it was the last one.

Ingo went inside to pay and to say he is - for the first time - not happy about the service.
Turned out that "waiter" was the boss. A very arrogant boss who wasn´t even able to say he´s sorry or give some sort of explanation.
In the end Ingo handed him a 100€ note. Which he refused at first. In the end he had to go and find enough change and we likely won´t come back and tell others about it, too.



Well, guess we must go on burger-hunt. Sadly.



Lion of the day.

6 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's a shame Iris, gosh he certainly didn't have any people skills! We had Grill'd a few days ago, I always think of you two when we go there ☺

Iris Flavia said...

:-) Awww, Grace :-)
Yes, Grill´d we go together "soon", right!
And yes, a true shame.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a shame …

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

Yup. So sad it´s soooo yummy!

Jeanie said...

I can relate to a bad restaurant experience. I might be sharing one soon on my blog too. I'm glad the burger was good at least but there is no excuse for poor service and especially no excuse for poor management and an owner. Good for you doing as you did and will do.

Iris Flavia said...

Well, what can I say?
"I look forward to it" would be mean to you.
But certainly I´m kinda keen to hearing it. As in "reading".
So sad this happens at all.