I keep skipping training.
For once we seem to have a good summer - I take it in fully!
Some ups and downs, but, since we cannot travel I allow myself a time-out, training-wise.
The journal:
Monday: Got Ingo´s bread and my new Braunschweig T-Shirt.
Ingo´d bought me one in the smallest men´s size, but I could order it in women´s size, yipee!
Tuesday: Went to the city again and my sweet tooth woke up - salted butter caramel... hmmm.
They also had cinnamon and sesame but sadly I can eat but one scope.
Made Pizza with filo (hmmm, well... has to be repeated, as I froze the rest - don´t try this).
Wednesday: A tough day at work - teamleader N thanked me and sent me off to the balcony.
It is so good when your work is worth something and people let you know!
Motivation! Oh, I hope to keep the job SOOOOO much!
Thursday: Meeting with teamleader N at 06:30 am.
Yipeeeee... no 9-5er! And does this not match the book I´m going on your nerves with?
The perfect match - I count as simply one of the men! Thanks to brave women of the past!
If you pop in just Tuesdays (I know a great book about a dog called Tuesday...) here goes:
The book is about a female scientist in Chemistry in the 1960´s - it was a man´s world!
And she fought for it becoming a human, an equal world.
A stray dog was following her one day, she didn´t notice. Her boyfriend looked out the window and pointed at it, she thought he wants to know the time, it was Six-Thirty in the afternoon and hence she named the dog like that :-)
She fights her way through for women being accepted in the man´s world in a funny, semi-scientist way, very well written!
And she fought for it becoming a human, an equal world.
A stray dog was following her one day, she didn´t notice. Her boyfriend looked out the window and pointed at it, she thought he wants to know the time, it was Six-Thirty in the afternoon and hence she named the dog like that :-)
She fights her way through for women being accepted in the man´s world in a funny, semi-scientist way, very well written!
And here goes (shortcuts to the essential):
Book here.
Friday: Another late meeting with teamleader N.
Him - "wait a sec, I need to get an apple - not really vegan, I´ll have to munch around it!" 😉
We exchanged some private stuff and whilst I thought we were going at my problems we went at his... that hence became mine, 🤣
But - and I did not and told him - count that all of it as work-time.
Hence we also agreed that if I simply have to work longer - which I am not allowed to - I write the hours down separate and .. you know, we go the informal way.
Why I did not count some of this as work-time? He showed me and explained how trains are build - it was in the document. Super-interesting!
Also customer W thanked me.
Weekend: Saturday I found snail mail from my Brother (& family) addressed to "Iris and Ingo K."
Hehe. Ingo somehow was not able to change his surname to mine when we got married, but uses it all the time.
And, Bro had no influence on this, but the post put a stamp on it that nearly made me cry.
I betrayed Ingo in 2008. (HUH - SHOCK!)
Against his will I contacted his Brother who lived in Lübeck back then, the city where the famous Marzipan is from.
I told him how little Ingo only weighs by now - Ingo was very, very sick, he sent the parents with the camper van so Ingo was able to be lying down the next day and saved Ingo´s life. Yay to radiologists! ... the ones who know what they do!
He told me if I´d called earlier he might not´ve found what´s wrong - and if I´d waited longer it would´ve been too late.
And then THIS via MY Brother. Life has some funny ways, huh.
Sunday: Lazy day. Die Maus but not the fairy tale. Oh, those very, very old Czech ones are no fun.
Die Maus is already in September or October 31st.Why the rush?!!!! Live here and now - in SUMMER!!!
Next Sunday we get a Christmas-scene?
Food-wise:
I found those cups for free in the street 🥰
My entry to Elizabeth´s T-Day is what Ingo disapproved of... It´s the new Logo of the formerly sweet and great Braunschweig Lions to the now "New Yorker Lions", named after the new sponsor New Yorker.
A clothes´s shop where the music is blaring so loud you just don´t care to go in.
Game days became bad, too, as the team. Still first league, but we didn´t go in ages.
So, Henry 🦁
And, to NOT end on a bad note:














20 comments:
I like your egg cups and your drawing of Six-thirty. You drew him as I imagined he might look. I am up to chapter 13 now, after Calvin has just died.
It's nice when team leaders tell you to take time on the balcony.
Good morning Iris-early-I enjoyed your post with all of your journal pages and of your week. great find with the egg cups, something I don't have or have run into in the past shopping at re sale type shops. thanks too for explaining the book more-will check into it.
sounds like you have a good work team that makes the job better. It's raining here now with thunder and lightening hoping that cools us down Happy T hugs
River, thank you! Yes, he´s a not so pretty, big, but clever and sweet dog :-) Way over 300 words! - Reckon you should stop reading the snippets, might be spoilers ;-)
Yes, who dumps such cute egg cups?!
____
Kathy, we find all sorts in the street - books a super-pretty double tea-pot... chairs! I´m sitting right now on one!
I certainly give away, too.
Hups. I thought the link on the book was enough... shoot, you must´ve thought I´m a crazy gal ;-)
Thunder and lightning - beautiful, and that by the lake - enjoy! Hugs!
Been a long time since I've seen an egg cup.
...Iris, you sure pack a lot into a week! Enjoy your summer while it's here.
I'm glad 6:30 made his way into T this week. And into your journal. You draw such a cute dog. I could never be vegan either, but I could definitely eat less meat. If only the hubby would be agreeable to that because planning one dinner is always enough. Smile. I hope you are having a good week with summer weather. I need things to cool down here, but they say by the end of the week. Let's see. Have a great rest of your day. Hugs-Erika
Hubs and i often go to resale shops. Its loads of fun! Happy T day! Hugs! deb
I love egg cups!!
John is dying for pizza, even threatening to go on his own.
I kept my own name when we married. John often uses my name when travelling because it is easier to pronounce than his.
Will never be a vegan, but we eat much less meat now.
Such a full week! Any week with a trip to a resale shop is a good week lol It sounds like the job is a good fit :) I'm still a meat eater but not every day. Happy T Tuesday
You had a very good and productive week, both at home and at work (which I guess is basically the same). Love the sound of caramel ice cream and pizza. It's been forever since I've used my egg cups. Nice reminder I should get them out and use them. Enjoyed reading you got a new tee shirt, too. LOVE your Lion drink mug. You did a great jopb, dear.
Thanks for sharing your calendar and your week, as well as your mug drawing with us for T this Tuesday.
I'm enjoying these sketches from your journal.
They're so sweet! ❤️
I have never had an egg in a cup but I see them in all the movies. Pizza on filo, that sounds interesting. I am guessing the crust is flaky and crispy? Sounds good but does the sauce soak through?
Caramel ice cream... you do like sweets, Iris. Even if it is just one thing. That sounds yummy.
Love your sketches in your journal especially your new Henry mug. Well done!
Seems as if you always have a lot going on at work.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate
Happy T-day Iris ! You have been very busy last week ! I love this little frog. Beautiful drawing.
have a nice day, hugs
Caty
Sweet egg cups - we still use ours from time to time for Sunday morning breakfast. 6:30 is such a cute dog, well done you! Why is the Maus so far ahead timewise? That's silly. I've been to Fehmarn once back in the 90s, but I can't remember much. It seems you're quite lucky with your work colleagues, and how nice that you were sent out to the balcony!
William, maybe look in the street?
_____
Tom, I think others do more - but yes, I sure do enjoy summer!
____
Erika, Six-Thirts will stick around a bit more :-)
Hubby and I not always eat the same. When he wants this icky special fish he can have it - by himself, I eat something else, noo worries.
Maybe 13 years of weekend-relationship helped to this?
Reckon we´ll have summer today, too - hope you can cool down and have a great day, hugs from here :-)
____
deb, I find the stuff in the street - or put it there :-) Either way, recycling this way is good -
Hugs
_____
Jackie, yes, thoose cups are so cute! Cracked a bit, but cute. Lucky you - Ingo does not like Pizza!
Fun with the names! Ingo´s is a "horror", too!
So much so a frined sent a parcel to "Ingo" and glad a neighbor knew who that is!!!
Vegan is not healthy, I think...
____
Elizabeth, yes, home and work is the same place, soooo lucky here!
The ice was yummy, and glad I could help with the egg cups :-)
Thanky ou, oh, I have too much Braunschweig-stuff!
____
dee Nambiar, thank you, those sketches aktually help reflecting a lot!
____
Kate, how do you eat your eggs then?! We used toilet-paper rolls (empty of course) or other stuff if we had none..
Filo. Just don´t. Not meant to be or I did it wrong. The sauce swam above. Filo was breaky.
But the ice cream was yummy indeed! Not too sweet.
Henry says thank you!
____
Caty, the frog is actually quite big! ;-)
Thank you, a nice day to you, too, hugs!
____
Carola, yes, only on Sundays with the egg cups - German thing, huh?
Six-Thirty is actually described as ... ugly and huge. I hope I got that - cuteness comes from inside, right?
Yes. I was disappointed with Die Maus!
Best team ever I worked with! Sooooo lucky!
Lovely egg cups! Here in Spain they don't use egg cups and we have to bring them over from the UK.
You have had a good week. Plus your summer time on the balcony.
I've not read 6:30 books. I will look out for them.
Oh I love salted caramel ice cream. I'm not a fan of ice cream but salted caramel will tempt me.
Lovely card from Lübeck.
Happy belated T-Day,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca
I'm so pleased you are enjoying your job. You are so busy and yet you still have time to make your fabulous calendar pages! I love boiled eggs and these egg cups were a great find. Wish I hadn't read about the salted caramel ice-cream ....I want one now!! A very belated Happy T Day, Chrisx
I finished the book, recommended it to others and now our book group are reading it too! So sorry, RL got in the way, and I am terribly late. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx
It was a lovely diary for an interesting week
Thanks for sharing this second look on the 2nd, dear Iris.
Post a Comment