Thursday, May 04, 2023

(Stars) And Stripes

I am cheating on you. This bird sat in the windowsill for years and is not really red anymore due to the sun... Still I join Aimeslee´s Spring-theme with this.
 
 
At least my human joins me with the stripes... (I found no stars, though!)
She claims it´s an accident with the clothes-combi. 
 
 
It WAS an accident! The jumper is Ingo´s and the socks are Christmas socks.
Apart from you no one sees me.
Well, and poor Ingo... that´s what a marriage does to one! In our first years this NEVER would´ve happened!
You´re welcome ;-)
 
@Tom., if you read along... Those are the shoes I mentioned yesterday... Those on my feet, not the grey ones to the right... ack. I need to "arrange" for pictures...? 
Please ignore the jeans, too - I was in a hurry!!!

Does my ripped muscle count for not picking that up???
Ingo is like a guard dog and I am "forbidden" to do anything...
 

Also I blame Tiger and Duck...

Stripes wherever you look!

Henry 🦁


Henry is disappointed. Sun is out but it´s way too cold - it even was in the news.
Spain bubbles away in the heat and we in Germany freeze our butts off.
Crazy times.
But... they said "again", so this situation is nothing new.
I happily tend to forget about cold times...



18 comments:

River said...

You are not the only one who is cold. I am wearing several layers and have the heating turned on. Tonight the extra quilt goes onto the bed! Night time temperatures are getting low now. I like your striped look :)

Iris Flavia said...

So autumn has truly hit? Always the normal and a weight blanket. Oh, I hope in summer that will work! But can it ever get too warm? ;-)
To stripes. But I would not leave the house like that!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cute lil creature you drew, thanks for linking up. XOX

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for hosting, your theme/meme is great!

Tom said...

...you sure are colorful!

Iris Flavia said...

... and stripey ;-)

RedPat said...

I like the little red bird, Iris. It is also very cool here compared to the norms.

magiceye said...

Heres wishing you lots of warmth!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your post is so happy. Love your stripey bird. I don't wear stripes anymore as they are not flattering on my shape. Cute Hausschuhen. It's chilly here, too, it's been raining on and off for two weeks. Hopefully, there will be sun and a bit warmer over the weekend.

The Padre said...

love Love LOVE That Outfit - Stay Groovy My Dear

Cheers

Bill said...

Cool outfit, it's good to be different.

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, I wear the same warm clothes again, brrr...

____

magiceye, yes, please!!!

____

CJ, die Hausschuhe are for winter!!! Big buhuuu...
We´ll have Eisheiligen, even colder - good luck to you!

____

Padre, I had to laugh. I think you would even leave the house with em like that - cheers to this!

Iris Flavia said...

Bill, it really was "an accident"! I just grabbed clothes!

At Home In New Zealand said...

Had to giggle at your comment that it would never have been like that in the early days of marriage. So true for me too :)

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, we go slack with time with any- and everything we consider "safe"...
I sit like that at my workplace, too...

My name is Erika. said...

Cute shoes. I have some Snoopy slippers as well some moose slippers like that. How fun. And don't forget to add flowers to Aimeslee's challenge this month. But your bird is fun and so is your drawing. Thanks for joining again. I hope you had a great Thursday. hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh! This is fun Iris! Will you be adding some flowers to your lovely painting? Hugs, Chrisx

Iris Flavia said...

Erika & Chris.. I forgot the flowers! Seesh...