Thursday, May 11, 2023

To Heads... Hats!!!

 
 
When Ingo was little he thought asparagus are worms - he ate them but to his parent´s joy refused "the best part", the heads.
I thought capers are animals and refused to eat that.
 
Did you have such "stupid" thoughts as a kid, too?
 
I don´t like fresh asparagus and made another pan-pizza:
 

 So quick, easy and cheap without the oven!
 
 
Here is #1 with the forgotten basil...
 
 
The dough is crispy, the cheese melts - it´s better to cut, though, after it cooled down and hit the microwave for a warm-up (I can´t eat much).
Or, well, don´t cut - BITE! Recipe by Jamie here. Pizza has no head or hat, but...
 
I join Rain with hats - where ALSO I cannot leave a comment no more, thank you, blogger, no matter which browser I use - The Padre, Dora, Deb , Caty...and now Rain...  but I join cause... we booked Perth and I need to take my old friend along:
 
 
I think I bought the hat 2013 in the kid´s section of BigW (my head is small).
It was super-red at first but the Australian sun sure is powerful.
Ever since this hat is on my head in Perth and my Aussie friends know me with this only. 
 
 
It really has lost it´s color "totally"!
 
I wonder, though, if it still protects me from the aggressive Australian sun or if I check the kid´s section anew?
But I love this hat!
 
Henry 🦁

 
Do you really need to lick my head?!
Aw, well, OK then...
 

20 comments:

River said...

Bring the hat, but check the kids section again anyway, because the hat won't live forever and you will need a replacement. Your pan pizzas look good. I am going to try that for myself one day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

At least you were able to link. When UI had the problems with Blogger, I couldn't link. I love your hat and your pizza looks wonderful. I also love fresh basil.

Food looks great.

Tom said...

...we have fresh asparagus coming out of the garden now. Yum!

Iris Flavia said...

River, will do! And enjoy the pizza!

____

Elizabeth, blogger really ... if someone from the team reads along: Solve the problems pretty please!
Basil and hat say thank you!

____

Tom, expect Ingo then soon ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a great way to make a pizza-thanks. I always loved asparagus-we used to grow our own-so good.
and I love your hat drawing and photo-you are an artist Iris I love seeing your drawings.
hugs from the lake-where we are finally getting bits of rain now

My name is Erika. said...

I love the idea of pizza in a fry pan. I'm keeping that in mind, especially when I make dough and have some left over, which is never enough for a full sized pizza. And nice red hat. I have a small head too and I usually buy children's hats. Is this hat pink now and going back to Australia with you? Happy Thursday-or what's left to your day. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Cool hats and have to check out Jamie's pan pizza thanks

Christine said...

Oops the Jamie link doesnt work

Anonymous said...

Christine the video for the pizza is in that post link

Iris Flavia said...

Christine, if you don´t have FB you can go here, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Kathy, I somehow only like canned asparagus, crazy, huh.
Thank you. And I was so unhappy with the hat.sketch! - hugs to the rain, lake and you!

_____

Erika, yes, Jamie is a magician! :-)
Yes, the hat is rather... well a very faded red. It was the only one without a Mickey Mouse or such, LOL.
And yes, it comes back again with me to Australia. Happy Thursday and hugs!

Bill said...

The pan pizza looks delicious.

Iris Flavia said...

And it even is, Bill :-)

RedPat said...

What do you use for self raising flour?

Iris Flavia said...

Backpulver! Flour, salt, here is the (German) recipe.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Cute hat. The pizza looks yummi!

Christine said...

I didn't scroll down far enough in your link to your Jamie pizza post, I got it now thanks!

Iris Flavia said...

Spare Parts and Pics, it was very yummi! Was... all eaten up.
Hat says thank you.

____

Christine, I was to lazy to put an anker, Im sorry. Blogger has become a pain a bit...

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I am sure all kids have crazy thoughts and today, with Social Media, I am guessing it is worse than ever. But I love asparagus and it is the tough, stringy bottoms I cut off :) And, I love the idea of pan pizza and I watched the video(thank you very much), but it is described in metric and I don't know metric :( . Perhaps I will be able to figure it out because I am sure there is a translator somewhere, right?
Love your red hat and so sorry it is fading, but maybe faded hats are fashionable and I am confident it will still protect your from the sun. I wouldn't give up on it, it really is you :0
Henry knows how to keep the girls happy ... he is such a handsome lion. Be well, Iris ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Gillena Cox said...

I make stove top pizzas as well. I do not make them in the oven.
Happy Thursday.
Remember to link to Art For Fun Friday at my blog tomorrow😊

Much💖love