This weeks the promts were/are:
1. temperature 2. hope 3. roost 4. gentle 5. humidity 6. change
and/or:
1.cope 2. reality 3. carcass 4. landscape 5. light 6. weather
and/or:
1.
Reckon you can guess - we´re back at River´s home-land, Australia.
I spare you the pic of 1995. I was the driver of car above and there was a roo at the side of the road. It wouldn´t hop away. I am gentle, I slowed down, nothing. - it was a carcass on a sign-post. An angry driver must´ve put it there after it demolished his car. Kangaroos tend to join the bitumen roads at night as these keep the warmth...
Let´s "hop" to 1999. On the way to Darwin or Cairns, I dunno, the temperature was high... as the humidity! But a beautiful landscape, of course. Quite a change to dry WA! Roost... Hmmm, we always slept in the car, we were young, we coped - would we do that now, nearly 30 years later? Dunno. (yes?).
Anyways. There was the smell of fish. IN the car. Ingo might´ve hoped this was reality - after all in Carnarvon he once caught a macarel!
You know what happens in high humidity and heat? Potatoes smell like fish very soon when wrapped in plastic as you get them from Woolies/Coles - don´t take that on the light shoulder (German saying?).
Ingo was so brave to look for what that was - BIG EWWW!!!
Happy Friday! For Smiles just scroll down or click here 😀





11 comments:
They are mine - just not stinky potatoes ;-)
I'm leaving for the beach this morning. No stinky potatoes for us. Have a great weekend!
That's a big fish. I haven't cooked one like that ever. I cook filets.
CJ, have un-stinky fun at the beach!
____
gigi, the fish was old, I reckon, wasn´t yummy...
Way Cool - Enjoy The Weekend
Cheers
Long time ago, cheers to fun times back then!!
I knew some Alaskan Natives who would eat the fish's head after it fermented (buried it in the ground for a bit). They told me when it was fermented it added flavor. Not my idea of flavor. :)
Bäh.
My neighbor in war times had to eat fish-heads, he still tells me about it (and many more tough things).
Even though I dread the strong wind and thunderstorms, I don't look forward to heat and humidity. I don't like any kind of smell in the car.
Very nicely done with the words. Sorry your car smelled like yukky potatoes. I hate humidity and heat. I like the sunshine and warmth, but heat just washes all the energy out of me and I lie around doing nothing at all.
Nancy, I love heat! I so hate the cold! And the cold dark half of the year has still not ended...
____
River, it really smelled like old fish!! I love heat, no matter what :-)
I SO look forward to it!!!
Post a Comment