Tuesday, April 28, 2020
T STands For I Don´T HaTe Head Soup ;-)
There is no logic. I like asparagus. From the glass, but fresh? Ewwwww.
But this season I discovered I like it fresh as soup.
And especially the "heads", that Ingo refused to eat as a kid as he thought those were real animals, hence real heads, LOL.
To "Head Soup"!!! :-)
Art wise, heads, huh...
A grey page from the flow-magazine.
I pepped it up a bit with water-colours and...
...glitter.
Still cold, so... how about chocolate tea? My "drink-ticket" ;-)
Taking part in Elizabeth and Bleubeard´s "T Stands For Tuesday".
And Henry, well... not such a water-fan...
Notice how rubbed his back is? Kids love to take a ride on this friendly Lion :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







47 comments:
Hello my dear friend Iris! It;s always a pleasure reading your posts because aside from the interesting things you share, I always get a laugh or two while reading them. First is when you said eeew about asparagus, I laughed because I also this asparagus looks super scary like little brains on sticks. But cooking it as soup seems to be a good idea. And that artwork super cute! I love the wittiness that you did with the polaroid frames because at first I really thought the swimmer is catching it but then it was a camera! That's amazing and fun, Love the way you played with the glitters!
I would like to thank you for your nice words on my blog and for giving lively comments that I always enjoy reading! Especially the ones you wrote on my Garden post on my personal blog, that means a lot, the things you said and they were helpful to me. Thank you so much and I am very grateful I have set foot on your blog the first time as it led me to knowing such a cool friend in Germany! Greetings to you and Ingo, it's rather hot now here but the breeze here in the garden makes it so relaxing.
Heads on sticks, ewww, Stevenson, LOL, ewww. I have to rethink that soup thingy!
Thank you I just was doing some "colouring", more or less!
You´re welcome, dear friend, I can really feel with you.
Sadly not about the warm breeze, still only 13C outside!
See, my Brother still thinks blogging is nonesense, but I do believe we help each other - or make each other laugh - enjoy your beautiful garden :-)
Today I don't want to write in my blog, but I do want a bowl of fresh soup ... Yesterday I did too much in the garden ... it was such a nice weather!
Today is cloudy and I am really tired … Zzz ๐ด
So, come with your soup and I won't have to cook today!
Besides ... what soup is that? Asparagus soup?
See you again tomorrow ... ok?
A little Big hug! xoxo
Ella, yes, asparagus soup, I send some virtual over. Or, last weekend I made beetroot-soup, have some for tonight, too.
Sorry you fell Zzz!
To a better tomorrow, relax! And don´t overdo it in your garden.
Little BIG hugs to you! xoxo
Hathi ;-)
I like fresh asparagus, but not out of a glass....tastes are different. Have a great day, happy T Day, Valerie
Now I like both :-)
A happy T-day to you!
Home made soup followed by chocolate tea sounds delicious to me.
Happy T day wishes.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx
Yes, yum and yum :-)
A happy T-day and to safety, Iris xx
Head soup, so fun☺ And yum, asparagus are really tasty!
:-) And I hope healthy, too!
I saw it was Flow magazine because of the 'English and Dutch edition' in the corner. Lovely bit of art, catching the fish with a camera.
Actually, asparagus soup look revolting. I think I prefer fresh asparagus. Really I prefer the green asparagus. But the white are nice with cooked ham. So I will say 'no thank you' to the soup.
You have chocolate tea too! Just like Elizabeth. I can't imagine what that tastes like.I have never tried it.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca
More soup for me ;-)
And more aspargus with ham for you!
Win-win.
Well chocolate tea tastes like... chocolate, but just a wee bit, not too sweet.
A happy T-day ro you, too and hugs!
Iris that is so funny, heads on sticks, I must admit I eat asparagus but I wouldn't rave over it, not my favourite. Chocolate Tea!! not for me, I only rink Englaish breakfast tea, with milk, ha,ha,
I love you beautiful artwork, beautiful colours.
Have a happy T Day
Jan x
Very hot in Mumbai now. Would surely prefer an iced tea.
Jan, I eat aspargus if Ingo makes it right, not my fav, either. Milk, that´s a good idea for tea!
A happy T-day to you Iris x
____
Magiceye, lucky you, cool the tea a down and maybe, as Jan suggested, add milk :-)
I like fresh asparagus, just cooked in a bit of butter. I've tasted some from a jar and wasn't a fan,very bland.
Nice artwork Iris :)
I love fresh asparagus, but I want it cooked, preferably in butter. I don't want it in soup, though.
Wow, I wish I got FLOW magazine where I live. I know Erika got a copy of one once. They are truly beautiful magazines. I like how you glitzed and glittered yours.
I love your choice of tea today. Great minds and all. My chocolate tea probably didn't taste as good as yours, though. Thanks for sharing your art, your soup, and your chocolate tea with us for T this Tuesday.
Sami, yes, crazy with the asparagus, I know...
Thank you, well, "artwork" ;_)
____
Elizabeth, the regular flow magazines disappoint me big lately, but once a year they sell the big paper book, bet you can get that online, it´s really great and fun!
To chocolate-tea, bet yours was as yummy as mine :-)
Such fun, I laughed that you call it "head soup", I love asparagus so this would be just my thing ....lol ๐. I'm loving your art, the fish look amazing with the glitter - gorgeous! The tea sounds interesting, I've never tried chocolate tea and would love to try a cuppa ๐. The smiled at the lion as he seems upset about the water (with him showing us his back), maybe some chocolate tea will make him turn around ...lol! Happy T Day wishes and keep well! Hugs, Jo x
I have never had asparagus soup but I LOVE fresh asparagus. The stuff from the can is too soggy for me. I like it sauteed with butter and slightly crisp. It is good you are finding ways that you like to eat it because it is a very healthy vegetable.
What a fun piece of art you created. I really like the colors and glitter. Of course, anything with I enjoy!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate
Jo, you made me laugh! I see myself with a cuppa of chocolate tea offering it to Henry ;-)
But maybe he prefers head soup?
A happy T-day to you and hugs from here, Iris x
____
Kate, yes, hubby does his best asparagus wise :-)
It was an easy art piece only, but glad you like it, to a happy Tea-day!
Love asparagus- even the soup:) What fun you had making glitter fish! I have had chocolate tea but if I want chocolate, the tea won't do. It must be full strength chocolate-lol. Happy T day!
Asparagus is an acquired taste. I am not fond of it. Nice fish art, though.
Linda, I got salty chocolate - yummy!!! Have you tried that?
Happy T-day!
_____
gigi, yes, I´m not such a big fan of asparagus, either. Or real fish ;-)
Nice mix of photos. I like the artwork. I hope you and Ingo are hanging in there, with this continued covid-19 situation. Nice lion! Happy T-Day!
The soup looks really good. I love the glittery work on the art. Nice, Iris! (I do love asparagus -- I have some in the fridge!)
Anne, thank you, it was fun to make. Yes, hope you and yours are and or stay well, too. Sadly bad weather now... A happy T-day!
____
Jeanie, I still have some asparagus in the glass ;-) But let´s see what Ingo´ll be up to the long, sadly cold weekend!
Thank you, I felt a tad like a kid again with the glitter!
I love fresh asparagus but have never had it in soup. I love your art piece with the swimmer curving around towards the glittery fish. I'd enjoy sitting on that lion, and I'm far from a kid lol Happy T Tuesday!
A nice homemade soup with grilled cheese sounds nice to me after reading your post. We had a chocolate mint plant and snipped it when we wanted some tea. It was good. Henry looks like he is chilling for the day. :)
Sunny this morning on our walk. Grocery shopping in the afternoon, rain. :(
Enjoy your evening!
HAHAHA...that's funny. I love asparagus...always have. We used to pick it wild in our ditch along the highway when I was a kid.
Take care and Happy T day!
Divers and Sundry, Hubby also adds an egg into the soup, yummy! Are we ever too old to sit on a lion???
Happy T-Day to you! :-)
____
Bill, how do you make your soup?I´ve never heard of that and I love cheese!
A chocolate-mint plant, where do you get that?
Bad weather here now, too, Quantum Leap it will be this evening, shopping tomorrow...
____
Halle, wow, wild asparagus? We stole peas fresh from the field as kids. Apples from the trees...
Is that even possible these days? Let´s stay just safe - and a happy T-day to you!
Funny story about head soup, Iris. I love asparagus and even grew it in my garden years ago.
I love your fishing page. Great composition, splatters and glitter!
Belated Happy T-Day! Eileen xx
WOw, Eileen, you grew your own asparagus?! Impressive! Thank you, the fishing page was fun :-) Still Tuesday here, so happy T-day! xx
To be honest, I love fresh asparagus raw. We have a local farm not far away and theirs is the best I ever tasted. I eat them fresh, the whole thing. But cooked is nice too. Yum.
Well, this soup may be delicious Iris !! I like esparagus very much, specially the green ones. Happy T-day! Love chai tea.
Your page is amazing, and I like the fishes very much, the glitter is so beautiful.
I wish you a very nice afternoon, stay safe and big hugs,
Caty
Happy Whisk, you can eat that raw??? I never ever heard of that!
Like a carrot?
____
Caty, the soup was yummy indeed, Hubby added an egg, too. I once tried the green one. Hmm. I do know it´s healthy but I just didn´t grow up with this and it´s hard to come by now!
Thank you, making the page was fun :-)
Big hugs from here and to a nice evening for you!
...head soup is a new one for me, tonight we are having homemade vegetable beef soup.
Tom, that´s just a joke :-) It´s asparagus soup! But I love the "heads".
Vegetable beef soup sounds yummy, too!
Head Soup! ๐บ Cute back story. I like asparagus, but steamed. My mother used to make a sort of salad at Easter with steamed asparagus, lemon juice, and hard cooked eggs. Himself doesn't like asparagus. Looks like you had fun making glittery fish. They remind me of some cheddar cheese crackers we have called Goldfish. Little crackers shaped like fish and the fish have smiles. My hair is getting as shaggy as Henry's mane. ๐บ Take care and Happy T Day
I love asparagus ~ the head and the ends ~ My sister would give me all her heads as children and I would giver her my ends :) I'm glad you had fun embellishing your art ~ Blessings
Such Cool Photos - Wonderful Post - Very Creative For Sure
Cheers
How is chocolate tea? I have never tried it. But it sounds good. And I love asparagus. Especially the heads. I had to smile when you said Ingo thought hey were animal heads. Nice story Iris. Hope you had a super T day. Hugs-Erika
I could live on soups.
CJ :-)
The salad sounds yummy, too! Oh, yes, we have those salty goldfish-crackers here, too.
Hair... you must be lucky then, I have just a thin something on my head...
____
Karen, you and your sister sure teamed up there, wonderful!
____
Pushkar, I´ll have a look :-)
____
Padre, thank you.
____
Erika, the tea is good, just a hint of chocolate, not too sweet.
To heads, and a happy day to you, hugs - Iris
____
Dora, yes, in the cold season!
I love the fish art! I like asparagus but not as soup - lightly griddled please! Belated happy T day! Chrisx
Chris, thank you, say the fishes. Ingo adds an egg to the soup, maybe try that?
Irisx
I've never had asparagus.
Post a Comment