Monday, April 13, 2020

The Sweet Seventies?



Please understand... I took this pic on February 13th in Perth - I cannot recall where exactly - help is welcomed!



Awww. Wouldn´t you want a skirt like this?
The 70´s. So colorful, full of hope, change.
The wallpaper we had. The lamp, the telephone, everything was COLOUR!

These days... even if she creates a skirt like this she might feel like many who work small hours or not at all...





To better times!!!
Taking part again in Sami´s COLOURFULWORLD Monday Murals.

Addendum! Certainly that was dumb! February 2019 it was.
When you loose your job time flies by so fast you assume everyone knows what you mean with the "when"... but Mae made a point here, rightfully...

11 comments:

Sami said...

These murals are in Prince Lane (just off Murray st) - "The fashion of Kings Street" painted by six West Australian artists -Leanne Bray, Denise Brown, Paul Caporn, Jae Criddle, Clare McFarlane and Stephen Genovese, and the one in the last 2 photos is "The Lost Giant", by Perth resident artist Stormie Mills.
Thanks for contributing Iris.

Mae Travels said...

Very nice murals. I did not realize you had been in Perth this year -- or was it an earlier February? I haven't thought that much about changing fashion, but now that you mention it, colors were very bright in the 1970s.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

:-) Thank you BIG, Sami! Prince lane sure suits my surname. But that is the great thingg in Perth. I can roam around by myself, not knowing where I am and I find my way back "home".

___

Oh, Mae, no, that was 2019, I´m not that rich! ;-)
Right, I´ll add this!
Yes, the 70´s sure were great times!

Jackie McGuinness said...

I loved wearing those dresses back then. I would sew my own clothes but now it is cheaper to buy.

Wishing I had kept my sewing machine!!

Iris Flavia said...

Where do you get those clothes??? We have a machine but I cannot work it....

Jeanie said...

To better times indeed. I love this mural -- it reminds me of the Call the Midwife fashion show I watched last night!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I see Sami beat me too it Iris 😀 lots of super murals down this lane in the city.

RedPat said...

I love those dresses! I'd still wear one today if I could find one.

Bill said...

Wonderful mural. I can feel her sadness, she is probably underpaid, has a crap job and is not happy. I sure there are lots of people who feel that way.
Enjoy your evening, Iris. Sunny and blue skies today but a bit cooler. :)

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, I have never heard of that show. If you know Heidi Klum with her piggy-voice we get ads all the time here... I cannot stand such shows, thanks to her.

____

Grace, seesh, I need to come back!

____

RedPat, me, also!!! So glad I still have some 70´s stuff from my childhood right here!

____

Bill, yes. I had a great job, twice with such awful colleagues, though, I maybe looked the same.

William Kendall said...

They are eye catching.