Saturday, November 19, 2022

Fix it!

 
 
 
(my left "house-shoe")
This Missy tried to drive me nuts!
I bought zimtis again, shoe soles that smell heavenly of cinnamon.
In summer you can get flip-flops from them - your feet´ll always smell nice.
 
Well, this lady does not like them and the sole always got thrown out when walking.
I did this:
 
 
You wear pearls, missy, but I am your boss, you keep these yummies!
Doesn´t look professional, but what the heck, this sole sticks now!

Her Hubby is a nice guy (or loves cinnamon, who knows) - no problem on his side!


Fixing was not done though.
I was about losing my wedding ring.
Darn you cold half of the year!!! My fingers shrink.

Our wedding rings are made of titanium and hard to bend in either direction.
My Brother (also Goldsmith) had trouble making mine smaller.
Can he do this again and make it wider come the warm half of the year?

He´d rip my head off for just asking.
He had to jump with full force onto the machine to make it smaller (the machine is from our parents, from the late 1960´s).

So. Ingo said: Take it off.

Nope.


I "MacGyver"´d it - not nice - others might sell it as art, though? - , but will do and I can hide the kitchen paper deeper inside in case of meeting people.
I will NOT take my wedding ring off. I would feel naked.

Yes. I am now working as a documentation and translation manager (aka girl for everything), but at heart I´m an engineer.
Not pretty, but works so far 😁
 
Henry 🦁


To "quick´n dirty"!



17 comments:

William Kendall said...

I do not wear slippers!

Iris Flavia said...

We live ground floor, the cellar is cold! So winter > warm shoes inside.

Nancy Chan said...

We have home slippers to wear inside the house. No need to fix the soles. You are a handy person in the house fixing these things. Happy weekend.

My name is Erika. said...

I need to resize my wedding ring and fix my engagement ring as the band has worn thread thin, so I haven't worn either for a few years now. I bought a band to wear though. Of course my husband has never worn his at all. He has it hanging on a nail in the kitchen. What a gooba! And those are fun slippers, but cinnamon smelling feet is kind of weird, isn't it? (Or at least something I've never heard of before.) Happy Saturday. hugs-Erika

magiceye said...

You are the 'Fixer'! Way to be!

Iris Flavia said...

Nancy, thank you :-)

____

Erika, oh! Ingo always wears his wedding ring.
I love the smell of cinnamon, no matter where :-) hugs and to a happy weekend!

____

magiceye, at times I am :-)

CJ Kennedy said...

My house shoes have a black cat face on one and this body and tail on the other. 😺 My father's lion ring was too big for me. As a jeweler your brother should have ring guards. Small plastic (silicon?) tubes of various thickness with a slit to fit over the ring band worn on the inside of the palm. No one sees. The ring guard is removable.

Iris Flavia said...

CJ, pic of your shoes, please!!!! 😻
Oh, well, I´ll ask my Bro if ring guards, thank you (I never was interested in the business).

RedPat said...

I have a ring guard for a ring that belonged to my great aunt and it works well and can be removed in summer.
I wear slippers inside all winter too. It feels cozy.

dee Nambiar said...

I like the idea of feet smelling like cinnamon! :)
And I like my fingers ringed, too.

Have you looked up 'ring adjusters' online. You might find one you like and you can take them off half the year. :D

Have a lovely weekend, Iris. :)

Bill said...

Good job fixing what needs to be fixed, some people just throw then out or buy new ones. Why waste money, now your slippers have a bit of character. :)

Amypie71 said...

I do wear slippers in winter but they are called Ugg boots here, so warm and fluffy, right now though we wear jandals more than anything.

Iris Flavia said...

Bill, I always try to fix and keep things :-)

____

Amy, Ugg boots came popular here, too, but looked out of place, really.. They are gone. They are yours. There they fit.

River said...

I did not know you can buy soles that smell like cinnamon, or anything else, like roses maybe? or ginger spice? I don't wear slippers, just keep my shoes on until bedtime. In the summer I wear sandals and do the same, keep them on until bedtime.
Good idea to try and find ring size adjusters. I don't even have my wedding ring anymore, I threw it in the ocean when the divorce was final.

CJ Kennedy said...

My Winter Slippers

Mae Travels said...

Your slippers look like mine, except I have no decorations. I have to buy new ones when they get too stretched out, and I’m afraid I’ll fall down the stairs when they fall off my feet and turn my ankle. They have a boxy shape that looks like a ciabatta bread — the word ciabatta in Italian means slipper.

best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

Cutest slippers! Ask your local jeweler if they sell ring guards. They should help keep it on. Or add a ring in front of it that is a good fit and the other can't slide over it!