Sunday, November 13, 2022

USA In Bavaria

 
Don´t ask me why but the  first time (?) a game of American Football was held in.. Bavaria.
 
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Seattle Seahawks played.
If it had been with the a German team (Braunschweig, 1st league) I´d understood why - 
but why do two American teams travel to Bavaria to play?

Bavaria always holds up the flag high for being "Bavaria",not Germany... yet... they joined in with this:
 

 
Copy cat? 
United States Of America welcomed the team with her:

 
Little "Germany".. and Germany for real  who provides but lies to countries in need and lets politicians visit soldiers in the desert in high heels!!! gave this:


What a shame on ... well, since Bavaria does not want to be German... to Bavaria.

We watched the game none-the less, of course!


Ingo loved the Pirates of the Caribbean series and hence our bedroom has this flag:



American Footy, welcome here, maybe next time in our region....


Grünkohl, anyone? It´s cold outside!
 
Henry 🦁


Was a great weekend - tough week ahead...
We´ll manage.. like a Quarterback (or a Wide Receiver, rather 😉 )



10 comments:

Tom said...

...football is one of many things that don't interest me.

DVArtist said...

Yes, I read that football went over your way. Seattle is the worst team. They make them out to be something great and they are not. LOL I am watching a game now.

The Padre said...

Thanx For Your Input - I Found It Odd How The American Analyst Where Pushing Germany When I Was Under The Impression That Bavaria Wants Nothing To Do With German Culture - So Dig That Pirate Flag - Anyway, Hope You Were Entertained By The Game - Have A Fabulous Week Ahead

Cheers

At Home In New Zealand said...

I'm a great rugby fan but have to admit that I have never watched American football :)

River said...

Wonder why Bavaria doesn't want to be German? Politics so bad they want to break away?
It does seem odd that two American teams played there. I don't like football, or any sports.
I have seen the Pirates of the Caribbean series and enjoyed the first two more than the others. I own four of them, but I think there is a fifth? Doesn't matter, I won't buy it.
I love the flag and the little ship model.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, we love it - soccer we do not....

___

Nicole, no they were not great at all, LOL!
But still it was great to watch.

____

Padre, it goes both ways. When people assume I wear a Dirndl... I will never!!!
My parents forced me into one at age 4 - it was from Austria, though.
I never ate Weißwurst and Ingo does not wear Lederhosen. Also their dialect is terrible. We speak "high-German" (Hochdeutsch) here and if I understand Plattdeutsch.
I also know some South-German words but Bavaria... they are a bit arrogant... not all of them, of course!!!

____

Margaret - the other way round here ;-)
I saw Aussie Football and had no clue at all - a mix between rugby and football?

Iris Flavia said...

River, Germans also don´t want to be Bavarians and Braunschweig holds the German Bowl defender 12 times and Eurobowl 6 times - sadly our station is not big enough, but yesterday´s game should be held in Germany.
Oh, I nearly fell asleep with the Caribbean series... but I I like the "old" pirates (not the new ones who threaten ships today).

Anonymous said...

I haven't figured out either why our football teams are playing games in Europe. I follow the Green Bay Packers from Wisconsin and the Kansas City chiefs-local team here and the Packers played in England a few weeks ago.
I don't care for the football players kneeling to our flag over the last few years so I stopped watching them for several years now but decided to start watching again as I enjoy it-I record the games now so I can skip all the extra commentary, commercials, and politics It can be an exciting to watch. I like to watch pro hockey games too. I follow the local team the StLouis Blues

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, lucky you - I cannot record it (we watch on a TV on the PC) - I have to endure those stupid GERMAN comments!!! Even worse! They think they are so funny - they are not!
Nonesense to play in Europe is it!
If they played with/against Braunschweig or the now German- or European-Bowl defender, that would make sense.
Maybe they try to make American Football more popular here.

Sadly most are into... eeeeek... soccer (I hate that).

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had NO idea our football teams were being played in Germany. I am a basketball fan, but catch the football highlights each week.