Sunday, April 06, 2025

On The Rail Again

 
 
Average length of train: 878m (includes two locomotives and 35 carriages)
Average weight of train: 1710 tonnes
Length of track: 4,352km
Length of journey: 65 hours Sydney to Perth – 4,352 km
Average speed of train: 85km/hr (max speed 115km/h)
Symbol: The wedge-tail eagle, Australia's largest bird of prey. Its massive two-metre wingspan symbolises the epic journey spanning the continent.
Average number of carriages: 35 carriages including guest carriages, crew quarters, restaurants, lounges and power vans. 
 
Ingo let me know  the Indian  Pacific, that we rode February last year,   is  on TV.
 


 Some infos, if you like.






 
Imagine how they did it "back in the day""!
 

 

Finally:



 
See here, February last year...

 

Was interesting!

The series:

"Are these the worst decisions in history? 


 Atari rejects Apple 

When Apple co-founders Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak wanted to sell their revolutionary personal computers, they approached Atari, then one of the largest video game and home computer companies in the world. Atari said no. They even rejected the Steves' offer to work for them. Atari was crushed by the 1983 video game crash. Meanwhile, Apple became the largest brand on the planet in computers and consumer electronics."

 Henry 🦁 ´s alter ego the wedge-tail eagle:

 

 Thanks again, River, for helping, meeting us  and having fun!


18 comments:

River said...

I was happy to help. I hope to make the same journey myself one day.

Iris Flavia said...

You will, I am sure. Then... please take pics and share! Perth and Freo included...

Tom said...

...Iris, keep rolling along!

Jeanie said...

I've not been on a train in ages (well, not quite true -- we did use the train in England, but not for ages here). and it's a wonderful way to go!

My name is Erika. said...

That's quite the views this train travels through. And I'd hate to have to be a car waiting for it to pass, but I bet it overs pretty fast. And boy, those folks who turned down Apple at Atari probably regretted that decision. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend and start to the new week Iris. hugs-Erika

magiceye said...

A post to make rail fans happy!

Iris Flavia said...

Money needed, Tom!

Iris Flavia said...

In Germany it is a pain! Trains, if arrive at all, are late. Try to get the next one to your destiny...

Iris Flavia said...

We had to stop for a longer train in 1999. 20+ Minutes.. But what does time mean when you´re on holiday?
Some bad decisins were made in the big world - to us "small" peeps, hugs!

Iris Flavia said...

Thumbs up to that!

RedPat said...

A journey to remember, Iris.

Lowcarb team member said...

I must admit I haven't been on a train for quite a time ... but running well they do give a great service.
Thanks for your photographs.

All the best Jan

Bill said...

The train kept on rollin...

DVArtist said...

Ohhhhh that is one long train. Great photos. Have a very nice day today.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, yes, RedPat! Not again, but once, yes!

Iris Flavia said...

Well. I had to laugh on this one! In Germany there are even ... well there IS at least one song on their bad service!

Iris Flavia said...

Not in this docu! They had to go back to Perth and start all over....

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I never saw it in one piece!