Sunday, April 05, 2020

That´s (Also) Why



I was high up.

Start work (OK in Wolfsburg :-(... time-consuming, dangerous drives) at 05:45 a.m., go home 2:00 p.m.
Customer works 09:00 a.m to 05:00 p.m.



"There´s a problem after 02:00 p.m.? I´ll take care tomorrow."

"OK".

"I want 6 weeks off every two years to go to Perth.
Services will be automised in advance. Where this is technically not possible, I give the complete code to T, I put it in this place, too, and here, this is for you and I wrote down how to do it, too."

"OK".



(First English book I bought when I was in London at age 13)

Our old boss:
"VW cancelled some projects. We have the choice.
a) I have to let people go.
b) We go down, we ALL go down with salary, everybody can stay and when we have new projects all goes back to normal, your choice."

90% choose b).

With my former boss that was a very, very great company.
We had ups and downs, like everyone. Untill he left (or had to leave) all was good.



He said he lost his creativity (yah, Excel got a bit boring, math, too? ;-)...).
I think, as many, there was a bigger problem. He was so thin "in the end", too.



After he left it went down. The procurist quit!!! Can you believe it (my first colleague, he was. He drove me to Ingo sometimes, he gave advice, we joked, laughed...).
When my T told me I could not believe it. Others quit, too. New boss takes people from India, they´re cheaper. Students, dual ones, cheaper.
Raise? No. "Not possible". Hmmm, that is some explanation.

At least I could walk to work!!!



Why do I care anyways, I´m out (but T is not and I think he senses it meant a lot to me).

We had fun events together and for the Christmas party (and sometimes for a fun event, too) partners were invited as well.

My old boss raised my wage by himself, cause I did not dare to ask. Over years. I never knew (yes I am bad with this stuff!).
New teamleader worked it out with me, like in school, so I asked for a raise, finally.
Boss: "You never check your paycheck, do you?!" OK, we had a big laugh afterwards, boss and me.

Once a customer wrote an e-mail to my boss, concerning myself.
What did my old boss do, tell me? Noooo.
He threw it on the wall for everyone to read at the next meeting. I nearly died (the customer was like "usually you write only bad things but she helped me big").
All eyes on me and he KNEW I hate that (reckon I got a bonus and never noticed!).

Yes. An ode to the company under my old boss.

I was high up.



And now I start deep, deep down. If I´m lucky.
Because I wanted that 16 year old promise: Working inhouse, not at Volkswagen as external anymore.
J and A and T said my old boss would´ve agreed, he would´ve made it possible that I can stay (see above, VW cancels and we all stick together!).
The new one just saw: "She brought in VW-money, now she does not. Fail, boom, terminated."

I KNOW, things could be worse.
But it hurts and is not fair.

And I have difficulties to take the next step to down there.

Now everything came to a halt anyways :-(

BUUUUT!!! "Corinna", as Valerie´s phone submitted via failed autocorrect for Corona... she is gone!
Either I had a nasty flu or a mini-Corinna, I am much better and resumed training.

And funny: No sore muscles and... I soooo enjoy it!

I am so thankful for health, especially in these times! Let´s "dance"! I can again! Hope you can, too!

19 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Could image having six week off...

At Home In New Zealand said...

Keep dancing Iris! Sing a song too. As the old saying goes: laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone. So stay happy and keep smiling. You will win in the end :)

Iris Flavia said...

It´s very hard to laugh starting at zero. So much is going down the drain too.
I´ll try, thank you for your suupport!

Ella said...

I empathize with you …
Try to enjoy the sun ... and Ingo!
A little BIG hug to you! 🤗

Iris Flavia said...

Ella, I wish I could!
If life strikes it strikes all over.
But I little BIG hug to you, too! :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh ja, vieles geht schief. Murphy's Law erklärt es - was schief gehen kann, geht schief! Und trotzdem müssen wir uns festklammern an die guten Sachen, schöne Erinnerung, machbare Pläne für die Zukunft etc. Freut mich dass es dir besser geht, weiter so - gib Corrina keine Chance! GlG, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Corinna kann mich mal! ;-)
Und Murphy wird man nie los, der ist noch hartnäckiger, leider.
Es wird schona alles werden, richtig.
GlG für für dich,Iris

Tom said...

...Iris, far too often life is not fair. Take care and stay strong my friend.

Jeanie said...

I am so grateful you are well again. And that you weren't more sick. There are so many who will be out of work in our country and some of those jobs will never come back because of this virus. I suspect many people here will be experiencing some of the feelings of loss from jobs they loved very soon. When things ease up a bit, maybe you'll be able to work with your coach again. I hope so.

My name is Erika. said...

Bosses are funny. There are good ones and bad ones and seems the employees never have any say in what they get. They all seem to have their own agenda-in teaching that is. Did you work for VW? I have a VW and I love it. But They must be babied and if you do they drive forever. I can baby my car. I like the one you showed us today. Glad to hear you are feeling better and back on your feet and can dance. We all should be able to dance. Happy new week when it starts. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, I´ll try to!

_____


Jeanie, yes, I am so thankful, too, especially that I did´d give anything to Ingo...
He has to stay home now, too, and yes, I so do hope we get our jobs back!!

____

Erika, haha ;-) If I was working AT VW I had an easy smile. No I was always a little external working FOR them.
16years I would have had to pay 50% on top in the canteen...
But now I can dance :-)

Bill said...

Stay strong and positive. Things will work out better for you, I have no doubt. I'm glad you are feeling much better!
Take care and stay safe. Rain here today :(

William Kendall said...

There are times, like now, when life is frustrating.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Life takes its twists and turns Iris, it's what we do with them that counts. So happy to hear you are feeling better, you have spring and summer to look forward to, enjoy 💙🌹xox

Iris Flavia said...

Bill, thank you, I´ll try!

____

William, it is frustrating since two years now...

____

Grace, you are right.I hope for better times - and will fight for them! xox

Ingo said...

Maybe this will.. just listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDVaKRApcg

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, it lifted me up indeed.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you are now well. That's great news.

Old boss was good to all of you and it made going to work enjoyable. A boss can make or break a company quickly. Thanks for sharing these memories you have of your friends of old.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention, I always got four weeks off, but never six. Lucky you.