Tuesday, January 09, 2007

08.12.2006



Perth-diary: We went to Kings Park and did the (free! - and very well done!) guided tour. Any locals, the guide asked? Nope. Anyone from overseas? All. Great Britain? Heaps. Then us (Germany), two guys from Italy (where else) and two girls from an asian country who got lost on the way.
We did a tour through the botanical garden. The guide told us how the aboriginal people made "Roo-Poo-Superglue" from red Gum, charcoal and, well, Roo-Poo.

Here is the (new) Tree-Top-Bridge:



He told us, too, that the Nyoongar people stood right here, where Kings-Park is situated now and saw the first white people arrive. He said, it must have been a shock to them. They didn´t have boats that large. They thought they were the only people in the world. Why are those guys so white??? Well, they didn´t stay for long. But about 20 years later same thing happened again. Well. And this was it for them, sadly.

Ingo and me were the only people holding hands (ar rather, fingers) from time to time - why was that? Dunno... Apard from the two italian guys all were couples.

We also went all the way up the DNA-tower (alone, before the guided tour). Man. Live sucks when you get old! Ingo had to hold my hand and lead me back down - I am getting more and more afraid of heights, why ever!



Luckily it was a rather cool day with nice rain in the early morning (I love that - we certainly had a corrugated metal roof on the cabin and that makes this beautiful noise. When living in my parents house, as well as in Hildesheim in the first apartment I lived in, I was right under the roof, where you can hear the rain dropping on the window, too - I miss that a lot!).
Great - everything smelled like eucalyptus in our Caravan Park from the rain!!!! Cool!

Oh, and I bought a magnet, saying "Australian men - sheer genius" showing two guys sheering sheep :-) I bought it for a friend but then had to keep it, since it´s so cool!

No comments: