from OMC is on the radio.
And I remember there were a few questions I forgot to ask when I was in Perth, meeting local bloggers. Maybe someone likes to answer here?
Ingo´s got a friend who always understood "parmesan" instead of "how bizarre" and never got what this song was about (his english isn´t that good, either).
So, now the question: Does that happen to native-english people, too? That you get english songs wrong?
I don´t like german pop-music much because if I want to or not I listen to the text. I cannot overhear it. I´m glad in this case I´m not native english - would make me mad, most pop-music is in english!
Can native english people not listen to english music?
Coming to languages... the bakery in Perth shopping centre Kings Way had some leaflets and I took one. Said they are healthy and suggest a healthy diet with vegetables and legumes (how do you pronounce that? Légumes is kind of "laygyme", like in "gymnasium (which in english is a sports-place and in german a second-level-school...). I looked it up at leo now. Legumes is english! Meaning "pod, seeds". I only know that as a french word where the meaning simply is vegetables!
Strange how languages mix up. Can confuse others! So this question, if there is a difference between vegetables and legumes, is answered by the internet to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment