
If it hadn´t happened on my birthday I´d say I would celebrate it as one...
I was so darn lucky...
If there had been a car behind me I guess I would be dead or badly injured.
I wanted to overtake a truck on the highway. The moment I came on the second lane I saw a huge bird that was about to stand up, right in front of me. It wasn´t that I felt sorry for the injured bird but it was a reflex that made me try to avoid contact.
It was warm, I had winter-tyres on and the road was a little wet. And I lost control. I managed to not contact the truck, but then...
Next moment I stood in the middle of the highway. I had turned around and touched the reflection post.
It all went smooth, it didn´t hurt at all.
Two cars overtook me and stopped. I tried if the car is still running, which it did and managed to drive to the safety zone. The drivers called the Police and everybody was quite helpful. My car was brought to a garage and the friendly staff even brought me home for free.
My first accident. It was plain awful.
Thinking of it my hands are still shivering.
For the next week or so my colleague takes me to work. I only hope I´m not afraid of driving a car now.
I felt so helpless...
My guardian angel has only one of his hands on his steering wheel now. Gotta sew the hand back on!
No comments:
Post a Comment