What a year. Or will it be yearS?
What times!
First time I saw guys... "men" (yes, they were all male) in black at a European Football game in Braunschweig WITH "Orange".
Those of the security-men who did not care about the game left in half-time-break cause it´s football, not soccer, no worries, fans are at the stand and cheer at each other, "Orange" and German alike, side by side (see the masses of police when these two countries meet for soccer!!! #hooligans).
Next: After the terror attack on the Christmas market in Berlin 2016 - we were safely in Perth at the time, SHOCKED in front of the telly...
The following year in Braunschweig... blocks all around, security on the Christmas market, police on top.
Football. Security at the entrance, male and female as everybody was touched all over for checking on weapons. They checked my bag, too (what does it matter anyways, I do NOT want to be touched, no matter if man or woman, Ingo can do that and ONLY Ingo!).
Now... in the city, making sure you wear a mask. On the bus etc etc...
Crazy times, crazy. Sad. Yet I am thankful these brave people step out to do the job, of course.
And one, I could see it in his eyes, cheered at me even, also with his hands.
Airport Frankfurt... last time (2019) they even checked my backpack on DRUGS!!!
You know, with a device!!!
And, boy, you get nervous! What if some druggie touched my bag on the train? Or worse, put some drugs IN it? Next time I don´t (haha, next time...) I´ll wear it on the front, just to make sure.
You have to take off your shoes, if you are a male (Ingo has to, I do not... LOGIC?).
No water, not more than 100 ml of handcream or whatever, those terrorists of 09/11 sure terrorizes us even today.
Security takes away your water-bottle - OK, the simple trick to take an empty one and fill it behind the check... but I remember once we took Emirates and I did not know this.
With QANTAS you get offered water all the time - not there, though (Qantas does not fly Frankfurt/Germany anymore). At Emirates you have a tiiiiiny cup. And a station to fill it... where the loos are.
Apart from people standing in line for that the thing is high up, so I have to get on my toes to get water. If you were a bit tired already, forget about that, WIDE AWAKE. For a sip.
Rant over, we never took Emirates again, also cause I got looked at in "disgust" by the national people on the international airport for wearing no hat.
No security for this!
We take ... took ... WILL TAKE Singapore now. Just....when? And how much security will be there and will they be of "use"?
I might hide a bom# in MY shoes... This was a joke.
What crazy times.
And I suppose there will be more. Was it last week, a man raced through the city (not Braunschweig) and killed several people. Frustration, loneliness, job-less... how long can we take it.
Another mindless lockdown and "cases" rise.
Vaccines - not tested properly, what are the side effects and they ADMIT in the news the virus has logically!!! mutated, so what is the use????
I get to the store earliest and what do I see?
Colleagues wearing masks, nice, good job. But they´re so close to one another... the masks are of little use.
DISTANCE.
Why does the security-man (yes, it´s always men again) does not interfere and make sure it is "secure"?
Today I surely did NOT make you smile. Sorry. But this had to get out.
Henry 🦁...
... is lonely and frustrated, too. (We are good, but it´s frustrating!)




16 comments:
You write that you had to take off your shoes for control ... for me it was the other way around ... I had to walk barefoot all the way to the control because it was possible that in my wedge sandals I have a bomb! Picture this ... a gray-haired "girl" of 1.55 who is a "potential" terrorist? And I'm not wearing a burqa ... LOL 😂 And all of that had happened at Schiphol! I really don't know what to believe about the vaccine ... The Netherlands has not started yet vaccinating!
The email is on its way ... I need a little more light to take a few photos!
Ich hab dich liiiieb mein Hathi!!!
Mein Colonel Hathi 🐘 xoxo
Indeed, you did not make me smile. And you're right: it is a crazy and strange world. But Iris... don't lose hope!!!!! I know it's difficult but I'm sure the times will change!
Ella, no, just INGO had to take off his shoes, I was allowed to stay in mine.
You must look like a potential terrorist, then (KIDDING!!).
Is your German quite good? Here are some discussions on why not get a vaccine:
no
no
no.
I won´t unless I have to, if/when we can go to Perth and hope for Ingo´s Brother (doctor) to give me a fake-document then.
Looking forward to your email!
Ich hab dich liiiieb mein ���� xoxo
____
Bertiebo, yes, sorry, it needed to go out. And yes, it will get better!
It's part of life now.
...too often security is all for show, security theater!
Yes with the virus mutating all the time I also see no use for the vaccine they are going to give now.
Will it make a difference? Who knows? But I can predict that you won't be able to travel anywhere without a yearly covid vaccine, it will be just like having a flu vaccine every year...which I haven't had for years as I got so sick the firs time I took it, it put me off!
We have tons of restrictions in the states, too. some guy measured my scissors to make sure they met standard. We put shoes in one basket, electronics in another (good thing I had NONE, not even a cell phone) and carry on bag in another. PUrse goes in another basket and you collect them all at the end. I've never gone through one of those scanners that looks inside you to see if YOU are the bomb. That has put me off traveling by plane.
This vaccine is supposed to take care of the new strain of Covid, too. I've never had a flu shot and I'm not sure I want the vaccine, either. I guess time and better data will tell.
Wonderful observations, Iris. The way of life. We can't bring our own beverages into stadiums or purses or bags. I've had to take off shoes and leave liquids behind at the airport ever since 9/11. But you're right about the irony of the security guy who doesn't enforce distance.
So true. I read a joke (although the truth) about how now is the only time you could go into a bank with a mask on and ask for money with them calling for the police. The world is a weird place right now. Happy new week.
I'm the same with people touching me, I"m just not a touchy feely person. As for the vaccine, we have been wondering how such a thing can be made when doctors refuse to give medicine when people are sick with the flu, which is what they class as a virus, very mind boggling.
Life is changing all the time. Get used to one thing, you get another and different too. A few planes I've been on, you had to pay for a bottle of water.
I am so far from a major stadium. But who knows what the up coming year will be. For me I am going to try to be best I can.
Coffee is on and stay safe
Security seems to be everywhere these days, for better or for worse.
Once at a small airport in Maine, I wore sandals. It was warm and I figured it'd save time going through security. But no. They made me sit off to the side while an agent rubbed my bare feet. I was creeped out.
Heathrow was the worst, though. There a security agent told me the scanner was showing I had something implanted in my thigh! We were rushing to make a connection.
Is a very nice mural! We are not obliged to wear a helmet on the "normal" fits.
I was very sick today ... I ate fish and my stomach can't stand!
Ich hab dich liiiieb mein Hathi !!! xoxo
Is a very nice mural! We are not obliged to wear a helmet on the "normal" fits.
I was very sick today ... I ate fish and my stomach can't stand!
Ich hab dich liiiieb mein Hathi !!!
Ps. Oops! I've written the same comment to the previous post! I told you that today I am not normal! LOL
Post a Comment