Wednesday, August 05, 2020

For Free



Have you been over at "Tom´s "Signs 2"?

He blogs today about the Little Free Pantries - a wonderful idea, see pic above, we had that, too.

Now there is this sign:



Booth closed till... who knows.

People are good, I even once had a date with a free book!



These days people have to do it this way:



Sadly they crumble when it rains, yet... we give and we take, right - I always wait for sunny days when giving good things away ...



Henry? He strongly supports it all with his Siblings, certainly!



I try to be strong, too.
I tried to not laugh my head off too loud today.
Guys!

By accident - I work on a desktop PC - hit Windows and "dot" and BINGO!!!



I really thought you can only do this on your smartphone!!! 🤣
That´s what my T and I do every day via What´s App and I also thought when these emojis pop up in my comments people use phones!!!

😱 Help, am I dumb!!!!
And I come from IT! (but I never cared enough to find out).

They´re for free (see title), huh, and they even give explanations, I´d never known pic above shows a Reisähre, growing rice. OK. I´ll have 🥦 later.
Sorry, can´t help it!!!! Still giggling about my "dumbness"!

P.S., yes, first pic shows the booth closed, also. Because I was on my way too early. Students - that´s where the booth belongs to - are no "early birds"... 🐦

P.S. #2 - I admitted I never knew to my T. He just answered, "Oh!!!! That works on the PC, too?! I never knew, either!!" LOL!!!! He´s IT, too...

It´s a fun world! 🎪 A circus!

17 comments:

River said...

Oh, please tell me how to find the icons. I can find smiley faces, which also has frowning and crying faces, but I can't find things like vegetables and other stuff. On my phone yes, but where on my computer?

Iris Flavia said...

Ha... wait, I need to get my Aussie Lenovo and test (different keyboard)!
OK, works on both, it´s Windows 10 - just hit "Windows"-key, combined with the "dot" and then it pops up, pure magic 😉 - works with Lenovo, too!
On the bottom you have the categories (Pizza is for food and now I´m hungry!!!) 🍕

aussie aNNie said...

Iris , in Australia we celebrate Christmas in December the 25th and it is our Summer....not July.

Sami said...

I didn't know about the emojis on the desktop either, great tip Iris.
Love the little libraries, I have seen a few in Perth's parks.

Iris Flavia said...

aussie aNNie, in Perth they do :-)

____

Sami, yes, I think I even saw some article on a library on Transperth (I might be wrong).
Funny. I thought I live behind a rock. 🤣

magiceye said...

Thank you for sharing the bit about emojis! 😊

Iris Flavia said...

You didn´t know, either? LOL, I feel 😊 GOOD!

Jeanie said...

I never knew about that either -- I'll have to try it. I LOVE the phone booth book stall idea so much! That's very clever!

gigi-hawaii said...

I saw Tom's post, too. I think it's a great idea to have a mini library like that on the street.

Tom said...

...this is a fabulous little library, the red such attract attention. I have been trying to find some of Henry's relative over here with no luck. Thanks Iris for joining the party.

Bill said...

Thank you for sharing the tip about emojis, I never knew that either. See, you are enlightening the bloggers one by one. :)
Nice and cool here 15C.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Those little neighbourhood share-libraries are great. I hope yours is open again soon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for sharing Tom's link. That is a very worthy cause. We don't have that in Wichita, just books like where you are. Enjoyed the signs of the times, though.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice finds. In my rural town we have the swap shop at the dump. People leave such amazing things sometimes. I always like to take a look if I go.

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, I agree, it´s a nice gesture.

____

gigi, yes, we have at least one other, no idea if "open" these days...

____

Tom 🦁 says thank you for trying to find my Siblings and I say thank you for hostint!

____

Bill! So I don´t live behind a XX!! LOL Hot here today, yay!

____

Margaret, yes, so far the street it is for us all!

____

Elizabeth, open one up?

____

Erika, we have those shops, too, but I think you have to proove you uare in need to buy there.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh so now I know what you meant on my blog today 😁 no way would I ever be able to do my blog on an iPhone 😱 Will be lovely when the little libraries open again, do you still have public libraries there?

Iris Flavia said...

Grace, for two years I thought you do, LOL!!! 😂
Yes, I know of one oublic library but I couldn´t find what I wanted (well, it was IT-based). 👀