Friday, August 07, 2020

Wednesday's Words on a Friday

 
Once again I can share with River and the others on  or in this meme, it screams at me.

"These are the rules:
The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind. If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along and read it.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Lissa and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are: 

1: If you feel like screaming, be my guest 
2: There is something different about you"

This is not a story, this is really me... my sometimes stupid life...

I am different, too (pic: I got neck pain from coordinating 2 monitors and the laptop).
I fought a professor twice and ended up in a different profession after all - I did finish the job, I am a graduated engineer, but I could not take that "professor" being dumb and also making a fellow student cry in front of others, the latter made me tell him off VERY BIG - in front of others.
(It was my diploma, no Sissy-questions)
 
 

HA! NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE!

I screamed, nearly, and stomped off, feeling like a KING. then smaller and smaller, knowing I will loose this fight.
In the end that dumb man stated my structual analysis was wrong - but that was done by a pro, oh...
I did not tell certainly, I would NEVER EVER give away a person that helps me out.

I started at zero, ended up in IT, I later was the last one - we were more than 10 people working on the project!
Then... just me. The customer kept but me. I did it all.
NO, not really!

I was allowed, after a car accident, to work 05:45 am to 02:00 pm...
So I don´t have to drive with the crowd, I started at 05:12 from Braunschweig, yes, 05:12, not 05:11 - I set the alarm off, being too early  once ... trouble! As in angry security men!, the alarm went off because of ONE MINUTE..

My customer was classic 9-7. And accepted my times.

I was allowed to take off 6... SIX weeks off in a row every two years to go to Perth.

Did the project sleep for 6 weeks? No, certainly not!
What could be automized, I did.
What not I prepared properly, I tested and put the WHOLE code for each day in a single document, named with what and where, gave it to my T, to another colleague and to my customer, with and explanation on how to do it.

"Open document, string + a, string + c, open surface, string + a, string + v, safe. Done"

Everybody was willing and able to help :-) No one was drowning :-) 

(Pic: Dongara, WA)

I lost all that.
Diesel-affair at VW (project got cancelled), new boss, me failing a test and BOOOOOM.

I, like other VW-money-in-bringing ones, got terminated (we were so called "externals").
Others resigned under the new boss.... !!!
(They said our old boss would´ve found a way to keep me - a whole level... oh, forget about that).

Then "Corinna" and here we are.
Start at zero. Again.

Is there something different about me? For screaming out loud, I do not think so.

But I wonder, sometimes... what if I´d kept my mouth shut - twice - with that "professor"?

P.S. Blogger got me to editor-mode. The code is too mixed up for my liking, new colors/numbers at columns are great, but, pffft. Like a newbie trying to code.
What do you think?

But maybe this, too, tells me my IT days are over?




He has no idea, either... Weee. Yes, second post in one day... but the subject got me thinking!


11 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

It is heartbreaking when you lose your job. I hope you can find another one in your field. You must be very smart to get a degree in engineering.

William Kendall said...

At present, I have managed to avoid the new blogger status quo. For how long, that's a different question.

The Padre said...

We're Just Us - Nailed It - Enjoy The Weekend

Cheers

At Home In New Zealand said...

We have to be true to ourselves and I am glad you stood up to that Professor.
Life seems to be full of changes that we have to keep adjusting to, in our lives as well as things like Blogger :)

Bill said...

You did what you felt was right, no regrets for being you.
Happy weekend!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You believed in who you were and are, Iris. That's what we can expect in life.

I'm not joining the NEW improved blogger until I am forced to.

Tom said...

...you sure are a writer, I sure am not!

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, that´s not true, especially the latter!

Iris Flavia said...

Hups, blogger is weird these days!

gigi... well, thank you, I do not feel that smart these days... or ever, for that matter ;-)

____

William, I think the new blogger is improving!

____

Padre, thank you, a lille late but dito for today!

____

Margaret, yes and no. That stupid professor sure did not learn a thing but for being in pain 5 minutes, but, aw, well, that was loooong ago and yes, we always keep on learning, thankfully!

____

Bill... hm. You are right and now that "professor" won´t bug any more students anyhows no more.

____

Elizabeth, thank you and oh, I think a lot of people complained, they made the new blogger a tad better! :-)

____


lissa said...

Not sure I would do any screaming or stomping of feet but some words needs to be said. I think you are right to do it.

Thanks for joining in with Words for Wednesday.

Have a lovely day.

Jeanie said...

We do what we have to do. And sometimes screaming is involved. Can't go back -- look ahead!

I think so far, I'm able to deal with new blogger OK. But I've heard horror stories from people who work on a tablet. I do mine on computer. I personally wish they wouldn't change. It looks like legacy goes away in September even if we choose to keep it now (they switched me automatically; I still might switch back.) We'll see.