Tuesday, August 04, 2020

T STands For No Milk Today



This sweet ensemble is from a sadly only former friend, isn´t it too cute (and practical)?
I still have it, and even milk, but this is from the archives, sweet tooth is still asleep...



But it qualifies for Elizabeth and Bleubeard´s "T Stands For Tuesday", right?

It really finally warms up, so...



Speaking of archives... sorry, the best I could do, those sketches really are old! But, for a change, another 60-90-seconds sketch (This is what it´s all about):



I´m done with that soon, no worries, but "bad news" I found the Grafo!!! I might try again!

Henry?
Rooooar, he sends you outside!



He says, enjoy as long as it lasts!
And I reckon come Thursday I might have an anti-Corinna-surprise for you - I promise we´ll be careful!!!

P.S. sorry, get the earworm out here :-)

36 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yes, that container is extremely cute and clever. I like it, and it definitely meets the T Tuesday requirement. Even plain milk qualifies!!

Why did I come here when I'm hungry? That fennel lemon salad looks wonderful. I could eat the entire bowl I think.

I think your sitting woman is lovely. You should create more of those while you have time on your hands. Henry can roar, but let's practice social distancing and use our masks. Thanks for sharing your drink, your salad, and your sketch with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

To answer your question about blind people, the state has an identification card for those who don't drive, or those who have had their licenses revoked. The cards have identification numbers AND your face on the card. There are people who are unable to sign their own cards, so they have certified people who can sign for them and the card explains why the person can't sign the card. Being blind would be one reason, being permanently disabled and unable to move your upper body would be another. But YES, you must have a valid ID or Drivers license to vote in Kansas.

Iris Flavia said...

I ate the whole salad in one bunch :-)
Well, I took my sleeping (toy) cat for a start with the Grafo - I´m rusty!
No worries, we will be careful. Germany - especially Braunschweig - is very safe, I think they wanna proof it that way, also.
Here you are not allowed (actually) to go outside without a valid ID. I used to take a copy for in case I loose the original and when a cyclist hit my car police told me off for the copy!

My name is Erika. said...

Iris your drawings are always the most amazing sketches. You don’t give yourself enough credit. And chocolate milk works for me. Is that milk jug from IKEA? It reminds me of something they would have. And your salad looks good. I have never heard of that combo but I would try it ๐Ÿ‘. Have a wonderful T day my friend. And hope you enjoy your Tuesday.

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, thank you, maybe I´ll really resume drawing :-)
The wee guy is from koziol :-)

Let's Art Journal said...

Loving that container, so cute! The salad looks very light and refreshing too and I'm loving Henry today, such fun ๐Ÿ˜€. Wishing you a Happy T Day! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Tom said...

...let's go and blow bubbles!!!

Iris Flavia said...

Jo, yes, I love practical and cute pressies, what a combo, huh :-)
A happy T-Day to you and hugs, take care, Iris x

____

Tom, you´ll have to go to the shop, I didn´t buy but took a pic only!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I like a hot chocolate before bed ๐Ÿ˜Š the salad looks delicious Iris, I love fennel, actually chomping on it raw is good too. I always enjoy seeing your sketches, I think you could still do it ๐Ÿ’œ

The Padre said...

Amazing Sitting Woman - Also, Excellent Nighty-Night Posting

Cheers

Stevenson said...

Lovely sketch again from my artist friend! The salad is very interesting for me. I hope you don't laugh at my question, but do you eat the lemon skins with the salad? I mean there are a few other cultures who eat banana peals which may seem weird for others but why not right?

Let's Art Journal said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog ... Luckily my hubby has space to brew outside …lol ๐Ÿ˜€. We make light ales for summer and spring like Spiced Honey Ale, Elderflower Ale and Coriander and Lime Ale, as well as beers like Irish Red and Pumpkin Ale for autumn/fall and also dark ones like Old Peculiar and Christmas Ale for winter – everything is so yummy …lol ๐Ÿป ๐Ÿบ. Cheers and happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Iris Flavia said...

Grace, it´s raw fennel :-)
I started a sketch - of my sleeping (toy-) cat :-)
But argh, I´m rusty!

____

Stevenson, do you have any idea what questions I asked in my life, LOL! ;-)
We have the saying that there is no dumb question, just dumb answers!
The German Sesame Street song goes "wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm!" - "who does not ask stays dumb".
You can buy "bio"-lemons where you can eat the skin and funny enough last week I saw a short docu on eating also the banana-peels!

____

Jo. I booked tickets, we´re on the way!!!! ;-)
That sounds YUM!!! We had chocolate beer some Christmas (bought). And our lille Jรผrgens brewery had honey beer, too, YUM.

Mae Travels said...

Your fennel salad looks delicious and very summery. I should buy some fennel -- since I do everything by remote online orders, I forget the more unusual vegetables that I would see if I shopped in person. However, I'm grateful for the options that i DO have.

Concerning if one eats lemon peel (which Stevenson inquired about): I think it's fine! Some don't like it. But grated lemon zest is a standard ingredient in many cakes and salads in various European and US dishes. I feel bad when I throw it away.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Padre, hups, blogger is a tad weird again. Thank you for your comment on both :-)

Jeanie said...

That fennel lemon salad looks delicious -- I could dig into that right now!

Iris Flavia said...

And it´s so easy to make (if you have such a machine that cuts it for you) :-)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Salad looks good, sketch is *more* than good and best of all it is really good if you are feeling better, the baby steps are working , I hope. Take care of yourself.

Linda Kunsman said...

I love seeing your super sketches- they are all SO good Iris!
And oh that salad sounds amazing- I may have to look for that recipe. Happy T day!

gigi-hawaii said...

That's a nice sketch. I call it art. I can't draw to save my life. No artistic talent.

Iris Flavia said...

Sallie, thank you a lot, for all three!!!

____

Linda, thanky ou! I just "shreddered it through the machine and added some yummy oil! Bit salt and pepper, too. Happy T-day!

____

gigi, thank you, I´m rusty now, but I started - with a cat :-)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

That chocolate drink looks delicious. Happy T-Day!

William Kendall said...

I'm looking forward to the end of summer. I don't like the heat.

Anonymous said...

What a cute cocoa container.

Time to play outside? I only wish we could!

Happy T-day and have a lovely week! Hugs, Eileen

Bill said...

Super sketch, very nice! I haven't had chocolate milk in years but I love hot chocolate. We are cool today 13C with rain bucketing down. More of the same tomorrow.

Stevenson said...

Waaaa so nice of you Iris and I agree with that, no dumb questions, that very much is true! And I am very amazed and thankful for introducing me to such bio-lemons. It's the first time I have heard of it. Oh you are right! The first time I heard about banana peals is that a college classmate used it as a high school thesis/research to make as spaghetti noodle alternative! I have to be honest, just thinking about it made me wanna be gag. Like the way when we first eat vegetables for the first time that it goes out involunatrily (OMG SORRY FOR THOSE EATING) But yes, I am sure if you eat it often you'll get used to it just like me and cabbages which goes out on its own from my mouth before but now I really love! I love it raw and shredded though, the Japanese way :)

Sharon Madson said...

I make several recipes with grated/zested lemon peel, including lemon bars, one of our favorites. Your salad actually sounds good, although not sure I like fennel.
But, I do love chocolate milk, chocolate anything! LOL
Happy T Day!

Iris Flavia said...

Anne :-) Just milk with cocoa :-)

____

William, noooooo... I hate winter!

____

Eileen, seems like we´ve openedup a lot over here! So... a happy T-day, let´s hope it´s not dumb what we do!

_____

Bill, thank you :-)
Ah, it was cold milk only and hopefully 27C tomorrow! :-)

Karen said...

Yummy salad ~ Love the container..but see they don't ship to the US :( -a bubble blowing Henry is fun! ~ Keep sketching and stay well ~

CJ Kennedy said...

Your kitty cat container is so cute! I'm not a fan of plain milk either. Your sketch is awesome. I can't manage drawing hands or feet. Oh, I made gallons of bubble stuff for my girlies when they were little. Happy T Day

Kate Yetter said...

What a adorable container. It certainly has character. I love when ordinary items are a bit more fun.
Your salad looks delicious and sounds very refreshing for summertime. I am growing fennel in my garden. I may have to try this.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Halle said...

Cure container. :) That salad looks delish!
Happy T day!

magiceye said...

Lovely sketch and good to know the weather is hotting up!

Iris Flavia said...

Sorry!, blogger mixed it all up! Must be the new version?

____

Stevenson :-)))) Guess if I made kale for you - cooked for hours, you´d run! (It´s soooo yummy, especially on cold winter nights!).
Banana as spaghetti sounds icky indeed, but, who knows (though.. not even chimpanzees eat that!).
Ingo made me try Rollmops once. In a restaurant. Boy, I silently had to get rid of it into the napkin! Try to gag silently!!! LOL.
Raw cabbage?! I´d run! ;-)

____

Sharon, I was surprised that fennel, raw, really is yummy!

____

creativeseconds, yes, my postie said Germany > US is only on premium these days, small parcel would be € 60!!
Corinna bugs usall!

____

CJ, I thought that´s a little guy with container! But I´m fine with the thought of having another cat :-)
Which, btw I tried indeed to sketch - I´m rusty!

____

Kate, yes, it´s so easy to make fun with everyday-things, right! Oh, your own fennel, that is great!

____

Halle, yes to both :-)

____

Magiceye, thank you nad YES for the weather!!!

Lisca said...

That container is gorgeous! I have never seen anything like it! Treasure it!
Your salad looks very yummy. I we could buy fennel here. Hubby has planted seeds this spring and only one plant came up, and we don't know if there is a bulb in the ground.
Your drawing is beautiful. You must try and get drawing again. You were so good at it and I'm sure you can do it again with a little practice.
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm not a great fan of chocolate milk but that container is FABulous! I keep meaning to make some different salads but keep forgetting to look up the recipes before I shop online - I will do it this week! Your quick sketches are too good! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx