I´m going again with "Tom´s "Signs 2". He presents the smartest and saddest cow today.
We had Christopher Street Day last weekend, but we did not go. Limited to 250 people is not a party to celebrate (sexual) freedom.
Pic above is from another - normally - yearly festival, the Middle Ages.
"seyd gegruessed"
today would be written
"seid gegrüßt",
but no one says this anyways - it means "we greet you/welcome".
The Brunswick Mum - for real info please click "German" and if needed use a translator - it is celebrated once a year, too - will it happen this year? Or will it turn out to be an Un-Fair, too?
Likely the latter, as it "was originally an alcoholic beer from Brunswick" (wiki) and there is no alcohol in public these days as it is assumed people are dumb and loose themselves and the "Corinna"-distance when drinking. Might be even true for certain groups who are not even allowed to drink by their religion - they are the worst...
I think the festival guys just sailed away. And what does Henry 🦁 think?
OK, that´s certainly just the name of a bakery, but, hey, weeee. We live ground floor and it´s finally baking hot!!! Yayyyy.





15 comments:
Nice signs Iris. Baking hot seems good to me :)
Yep, I love it :-)
Lets Get Baked - Short, Sweet, And To The Point Update
Cheers
No festivals or outdoor parties here this year.
Times, they're a changing... hopefully for the better. ✌
Everything is cancelled here or has gone virtual which is not the same.
...what can I say, life isn't always fair. Keep brushing and flossing and stay safe!!!
I think that medieval picture shows a huge drinking glass. Yes? That would be perfect on the hot day we're having. Hope you still have your hot weather Iris. Hugs-Erika
What a fun collection of signs. I see Mum-Man is holding a baseball bat. Must be an early version of the game.
Our mayor shut down the bars for that very reason. When people drink, they forget about social distancing. That's how to spread the virus.
I love everything that is medieval dear Iris! Hearing a live band playing medieval instruments on the streets of Milan was an unforgettable experience for me which I did not expect I will find! I am happy that the sun is starting to warm things up there in Brunswick! I wish you a great rest of the week! It's almost the weekend (Okay I'm being too excited huh? hahaha)
We're the same. No festivals. And bars have to be VERY careful. Outside only and rules. Hopefully that will help.
No festival here this year either. Bars are still closed and will be until the end of the month. Lots of restrictions for them once they open.
Sounds like you're enjoying hell with that excessive sun shining brightly.
Padre, I agree :-)
Cheers! ��
_____
Jackie, sad, it is, also for the people who rely on the money...
_____
magiceye: YES! ��
____
RedPat, virtual is... ugh. Yet... better than nothing?
____
Tom, I think soon I need new floss here, but really, I got new brushes! ��
____
Erika, the Mum-man? Yes, he was thirsty! But with the original mum you´d fall asleep instantly, I guess!!
It was a really heavy beer back then. ��
____
Taken For Granted, LOL. If he could give it to you you´d be drunk in no time, I think it´s a huge beer glass, but who knows? ��
____
gigi, I have to disagree, not everybody gets drunk and forgets, some just enjoy a nice glass to relax. But you are right, others..
____
Stevenson, you´d likely love ... oh, forget it, not this year... but usually my old hometown, Seesen, has the biggest history-festival in Northern Germany, the Sehusafest, medieval, roccoco, musketeers (my dear Brother)...
Yep, we´re baking away, yayyy and YES, it IS weekend indeed, Ingo has to take days off of work again! To a happy rest-week! ⛱
____
Jeanie, I wonder if we are too... naive over here, ...or...?
____
Bill, yes, it´s sad.
My Brother loves his Sehusafest (he is a musketeer himself, and it´s cancelled...
But the weather? Is.wonderful! ��
A lot of festivals here are cancelled this year, and other stuff is wait and see.
Post a Comment