The 70´s magazine is an endless source for fun-art, isn´t it? The paper was from an arts-collection of paper again. Where did the ladies go?
What I did with the tampon girl who lived there? She moved.
I never wanted a bathroom/loo without a window again and with what did we end up, yes, exactly that! When you go but for a pee you can leave the door open (given there are no guests, certainly!!!) and you can...
And yes, this is our main and only toilet... the metal to the left on the doorframe... the preowner´s teenage daughter demolished it and Ingo fixed it like this.
Food-wise I BRAVED UP!!! Let me show you (I am afraid of heat):
I made Low Carb Jalapeno Cheddar cookies.
That means... OVEN....
No, wait, I have an alternative I tried before without burning myself!
Not the right tool, why I want to make cookies at all?! I got a cute pastry roll, but this recipe does not work for it, have a look:
The dough just ripped all the time.
Recipes welcome!!!! Hearty (I still have some from Jan but for now I braved up enough, I think!).
But, what to do? Took me felt ages to grate the cheese!. OK. I braved up, kinda (I cheated, I put them in the cold oven and later just opened the door, but it is a start, right? RIGHT?).
First time in my life! Boooy, when I checked inbetween my glasses instantly fogged up, that hot it was!!! But I did it! (Kinda a bit proud of myself, I know likely none of you understands my fear of burning myself but a student once without asking showed me her burned arm she got from the oven).
Let´s say I was a "virgin", but now I DID it, I used the BIG OVEN, so consider me a "bride" - and let me show you, hence, with what I take part in Elizabeth and Bleubeard´s "T Stands For Tuesday".
The title? My belly hurt cause I ate too much! 🍪
And Henry 🦁? Dunno, behind my back he...
Really, big boy, try my cookies!











40 comments:
I don't remember the 70s that well, except for the music, which is my era. However, those photos are cool. Is that your toilet?
Your first set of cookies were a bit burned, weren't they? But now you have used the big oven and maybe your fear will dispel the longer and more often you use it.
Thanks for sharing your low-carb cookie venture and your drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.
LOL, Elizabeth! Not remembering the 70´s that much implies a lot! 🤣
Yes, I will try again with another recipe and the big oven. But I will still have to cheat putting it into the cold/mildly warm oven.
Thank you for hosting again!
Oh, and yes, that is our toilet, the one and sadly only!
One American architecture choice I am happy for is the habit of making big bathrooms with all the fixtures in one larger space. Our downstairs bathroom has three windows, two small and one quite large, made of glass bricks. It's almost like a sunroom!
I was here on earth in the seventies but I've forgotten the styles. I don't recognize your image at all.
If individual cookies are difficult, I suggest making bars -- for example, I googled and found a recipe at food.com for "Texas Jalapeno Cheese Squares," which might suit you. Much easier to make and bake. My baking like that is usually sweet, so I don't have my own recipes except for cornbread, which I love to make.
stay safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Well, we had a look at such a condo with a bigger bathroom/toilet and windows - the kitchen was even better. But it was too expensive, 5th floor, no lift.
Luckily we don´t spend much time in these rooms, so I can live with that.
I was born '72 but I still have all the styles even right here, it was such a colorful, happy time!
Hmmm, the recipe went to my list! Yum, thank you!!! I still need something for the cute roll, though.
I remember the 70s well, here and in England, but it didn't look like your pics. Well done on being brave enough to bake something! Happy T day, Valerie
Well, it´s from a German 70´s magazine ("Brigitte"), 1976. Thank you, I know it´s... dumb, but burning is my biggest fear. And dentist. Happy T-Day, Iris
...I will NEVER think of our bathroom as being small again. I'm sorry to hear that Domino's has invaded your area.
Tom, it´s just the toilet, we do have a shower and all, also! LOL!
I once tried Domino´s - was THAT bad.
Good for you Iris trying out something new-baking I love your new pastry roll around here those are extremely pricey. I have a shortened one I found at a garage sale.
Loved the lion too Happy T Kathy
This one is from Poland, just around the corner, some 20 bucks.
Sad it didn´t work out properly, but that was my fault!
Henry says thank you :-) 🦁
Now that is an interesting cookie. I love your rolling pin. Too bad it doesn't work with these cookies though as they would be pretty. And nice 70's art page this week too. What is that electric tool used to make. little pie? I haven't seen anything like that before. Hope your belly ache didn't last too long and you are having a super T day Iris. hugs-Erika
Those cookies look and sound delicious!
Well done you for braving the oven! Your cookies look delicious! (Tip: most supermarkets sell grated cheddar). I used to be afraid of ovens too, especially the bit where I had to light it with a match. (Now I have a long gas lighter). If you are afraid of burning yourself, use something really thick when you put things in and out of the oven, like a thick towel, that way you won't get burnt.
I smiled at your toilet story. Yes, we also use the toilet with the door open. As you say, I just have to remember to close the door when there are other people around.
I was born in 1951 so the seventies were the years of (sexual)freedom, music and later motherhood (my son was born in the hot summer of 76).
I would love to try that recipe. It sounds like just the sort of thing I like. But I don't think it will be easy to find coconut flour. I'll have to use normal flour. (I have rice flour, chick pea flour, oat flour and mais flour, but not coconut).
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca
Erika, hmmm, that green thing is actually a pizza maker, it´s called gourmet maxx and it´s fool proof (for pizza and me).
For pies we a have a pie maker from Great Britain, also fool proof :-)
Super-good!
Thank you, I´m good, I didn´t eat them all!
____
magiceye they are and sooo easy to make! Next time I´ll take two eggs, though, they´re a little dry when you use that recipe.
____
Lisca, here sadly the pre-grated cheese is of low quality and there is mould in a second if you don´t use it at once, I´m through with that.
Light the oven with a match?! No way!!! ALDI has a huge kitchen-glove for sale come Thursday, I´ll be first in line!
Yes, the 70´s were fun, I still have items from the time right here )lamps).
Do you have dm, that where I got the flour from. Not even that expensive!
A happy T-day to you, too, hugs from here!
Good for you with the oven. Hey, I've been baking for ages and totally messed up the first tray of a batch of cookies I made this week. It happens. You just keep at it.
What you need -- and someone may have suggested it -- is a heavy duty kitchen glove. Kevlar is a good one. Or some have silicone on the palms. Also, when you are pulling out your oven rack, use something to pull it with. I use everything from a tool I have that is basically a ruler with a notch cut in one end and another cut on one side, near the end. You pull out with the notch and push in with the wedge at the end. Or I will use a long-handled spatula or the tongs I use when fishing corn out of water or turning meat. It just gives you a little distance from the heat. Let the things (cookies, biscuits) sit on the pan for a minute and they are easier to remove.
The more you use it, the more comfortable you will feel with the heat. But good mitts or potholders will help a lot!
And I love art in the bathroom!
ALDI has heavy duty glovies on sale on Thursday and I´ll be there early! But the tip with tool is great, thank you! Do you have a pic/link? The tongs I´d be afraid to loose grip on.
Nice to get some understanding on the darn fear of burning, too.
LOL, The art is in the hall, bathroom door is open, no guests around :-)
Oh my gosh Aimee would have rolling pin envy if she saw yours Iris, so cool. She is definitely the baker in the family 😊 Your cookies look delish, I could eat one right now! What about your cooking hero Jamie, he surely must have some cookie recipes 💜
We have a window in our loo. Only lived in a place once and had no window. Those cookies look good, I love jalapenos and probaby would like those.
A good evening to you, Iris!
LOOOVE That Big Henry Decal!!! The toilet covers on your loo looks very interesting dear Iris! It gives character to your bathroom, love it! And about the cookies, Cheddar and Jalapeno sounds super super good but I have never tried them on cookies yet, surely that tastes good!
Grace, LOL, oh, if I only knew when we can come back!
Jamie is rather the sweet guy... nothing for me 😂
____
Bill, maybe next time with window, at least the vent works!
Next time I take two eggs and use the big oven, too - a nice evening to you, also!
Those cheese cookies look delicious, but, your bathroom is so tiny.
Congrats on your oven success! The cookies look delicious :) Happy T Tuesday
Jalapeno Cheddar cookies - really? The flavor combo doesn't appeal to me at all. I've lived in Mexico for 24 years but don't like hot chili peppers. Go figure.
Congratulations on using the oven! When I was little - just tall enough to reach the top of our electric stove, I was curious about why the spiral burner was red. I reached up and put the palm of my hand right on it. Funny, I wasn't traumatized at all, but I learned an important lesson!
Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen
I forgot to mention that the link I put up at Elizabeth's blog was incorrect. I've added the correct one, in case you'd like to see my journal for last week.
gigi, we live in the city, it´s expensive here - and it´s not that bad...
____
Divers and Sundry - thank you really very much. II never thought I get understanding for my stupid fear, you help a lot! Happy T-day to you!
____
Eileen! Please... I nearly faint just reading this (I skipped the rest). I´ll go have a look for the correct link as soon as I´m OK again.
My Dad´s mother had the problem with blood, it´s the darn genes!
Henry is impressive.
I do like the look of your rolling pin.
Well done on making the cookies :)
All the best Jan
The cookies look great. Congrats on tackling your fear head-on. Trying new things keeps us young they say. It’s too late for me though )).
The pastry roller is very neat. I really want one of those to use for pie crust and cookies.
Love your art work with that pretty '70s image.
I have never tried cheddar cookies but they sound interesting.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate
Oh I am getting in on the 70's thing. I loved the 70's! The clothes, the music, my hair was almost to the back of my knees, very long and very thick. Every few nights I would braid my hair into about 100 tiny braids. The next day take them out and my hair would have waves and bigger than my body. People would stop me to take photos. Yeah I loved the 70's. Oh most of those days were spent in San Francisco. OK did I get carried away? Sorry. Good for you for using the oven and backing cookies. Yum. Have a nice evening.
William, Henry says thank you :-) He´s a baker here.
____
Jan, thank you, guess next time I just take two eggs, they´re a tad dry....
___
Sallie, it´s never too late!!!
____
Nicole: Pics, please!!!! I loooved the 70´s!
Kate, I got my roll here, they have lots of designs :-)
Yes, so bad the 80´s are back instead of the 70´s!
____
Oh, dear Stevenson, blogger sure sucks! How come you pop up inbetween?! Before we had the toilet seat in "blue-wood", was even better.
The cookies are super easy to make!
60 g coconut-flour, 90g butter, 1 egg (was a bit dry, next time I take 2), 150 g good cheddar, grated, 40g Jalapenos.
Mix, form a roll, cool in the fridge for 30 minutes, cut and bake at 180C for 20-25 mintes, boom, done, enjoy 🍪
Here's a tip for the hot oven, when you open the door, straight away wave away the rush of hot air before you bend down to get the cookies out, then your glasses won't get fogged up. I hold an oven glove and wave that for a few seconds, just enough so my glasses don't get fogged.
Interesting assortment of photos. I try not to use the oven all Summer long, because I don't have air conditioning. And this Summer has been very hot since mid-June. Happy Belated T-Day!
Belated T day wishes, super photos and the toilet photo reminded me od when the family were young. The toilet door was always open with usually a conversation going on between my sons.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx
Re cheese: When you buy a bag of grated cheese, buy the biggest and best you can find and stick it in the freezer. Then when needed, just pour some out and use it frozen on your dishes. Anything you cook, and then cover with cheese and stick under the grill, takes that dish to a whole new level!
Just a thought...
Congratulations on baking the cookies in the oven, well done Iris :)
I'm glad you were able to use your oven and bake some cookies ~ great job! Love the giant Henry on the glass too ~ Enjoy your week
Your posts always make me giggle. Just so fun. There's a window in my bathroom that looks out to the backyard and the woods. I used to have a valence window treatment so you could sit, and uhm...look out and daydream. No houses behind and the neighbor next door can't see in. And then, we started having a young man come and mow the lawn. I never know when he's going to show up so curtains and no more day dreaming. Happy T Day!
Post a Comment