LOL We have a cash-out lady at our shtt#y REWE who wears Christmas deco for the season and we talked often about our earrings.
Now I stood there opening my backpack whilst she got my grocery through, stopped, gave me a HUGE smile and exclaimed... see title, "HE WAS THE BEST!"
And at first I was like huhhhh????
And then realised I´m wearing a Freddie Mercury T-Shirt, LOL!!!
(Yes, I suck at doing a selfie, sorry bout that)
Despite there was a next customer waiting we chatted about how we miss Freddie, what kind of a generous, friendly man he was and what kind of wonderful music he could´ve come up with.
(A version you might not know?)
That was the first time someone said something about my Freddie-shirts, too! Noticed them.
Henry? 🦁
To Freddie!!!
Do you wear themed t-shirts, too, and are they noticed, do people say something about them?
I remember I got a nasty look from someone when I was wearing a shirt with only WA, Western Australia, showing and a big point on Perth. Who knows where THAT guy was from! LOL




31 comments:
No, I never had a shirt with a famous person. And now I'm asking myself who would I want on a shirt. I think Leonard Cohen, with his hat.
Shame on me, I had to look him up... uuups.
That is really unbelievable … 😲
I swear ... from two days I wake up and fall asleep with "Love of my life" in my head ... and I didn't know why?!It's like a song that's constantly on repeat!
But now I know ... because of you! I think we communicate telepathic! LOL
"You don't know what it means to me" ... really! Thank you!
This is one of the most beautiful songs in the whole world! I have tears in my eyes ... but is so wonderful!
See you on Monday! Have a great weekend!
A little BIG hug for my Hathi! xoxo
P.S You're awesome with that hat on your head and with the face mask ... undercover in action! LOL
I had the shock of my life after we got back from Germany ... I wanted to go to Lidl but I didn't have the mouth mask with me ... but here in the Netherlands it is not necessary! We are not obliged to wear a face mask in the shops!
Ella!! 🤣
It must elephantastic! 🦏🦏🦏
It´s a bit scary!!!
Yes, it is one of the very most beautiful songs, I agree 🧡
I´ll ask Ingo for a proper pic - it´s a 1920´s/1930´s themed hat!!! It got a bow and I´m "in love"!
Wee, yes, guess how often after I closed the door properly and went outside, got it. Go back, unlock the door and get that darn mask!!! Otherwise,... stay outside!
And what does it help much - in the store the people pass you by in centimeters anyways.
Looking forward to Monday, have a great, fun weekend, little BIG hugs from your Hathi xoxo
...perhaps you are Mercury's best fan!!!
With Ella :-)
It's always fun when someone comments on my Doctor Who tee-shirts. Nice to have a kindred spirit with a shared fandom. You and Henry look nice together. Enjoy the weekend!
Henry close to your heart!
I don't have themed t-shirts, just plain ones.
This is one of Queen's best songs, I love it!
Can hardly recognize you with the big hat and mask on, lol.
Have a wonderful weekend.
CJ, welcome, Sister! To a great weekend!
____
Magiceye, yesssss.... the sweetest Lion in the world!
____
Sami, everybody as one likes, right and yes, one of the very best songs!
Well, I could rob a bank like this maybe? 😉
Wow, I just finished listening to Freddie Mercury & Montserrat Caballé singing Barcelona. Great tune. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1fiOJDXA-E
Cool shirt, I like it. Enjoy your evening!
Oh, yes, that was a wonderful song, too! She was sooo busy but took her time for Freddie! To a nice evening for you, also, to Freddie-fans :-)
That was such a nice encounter with the checkout lady! I have t-shirts with places or artist names but none from singers.
I once saw a very young guy who had the closed boa from The Little Prince on his T-shirt.
I gave him thumbs up, he had no idea what he was wearing, how sad...
Love the selfie. What a cool hat!
Have to ask Ingo for a proper shot - 20´s/30´s hat!
It been ages since I wore a theme shirt, anyhow I been playing with ideal of designing my own.
Your own is even better!
I was just telling CJ the other day about a Tee I made when I returned from MIT (a school in Cambridge, Mass that is next to Boston) I used a stencil and puffy paint to make a tee shirt that read HAHVAHD. It got a lot of comments because both mid-westerners and southerners (ya'all) don't speak Boston. Interpreted, it reads HARVARD the way Bostonians pronounce it. That's the only themed Tee I've ever owned and I made it myself. Glad someone recognized Freddy, too. Great Freddy AND Henry tees.
Elizabeth!!! 🤣🤣 I think I know no one who does not know what MIT is! Or Harvard, that´s like Curtin! Oh, and it´s really Freddie, not with a a "y".
HAHVAHD - LOL!
I can't say I have ever worn clothing with words or pictures on them, but I think it is great that you are able to express your style this way. The world would be so boring if we were all the same :)
Yes, it would be boring if we were all the same, I agree. I have a lot of motto-shirts. Instead of a bad hair day I had some bad-t-shirt-days when the boss came along, or a new customer, LOL. But then... that´s a statement, too. 😉
I used to have themed T-shirts, but most of them wore out, only one is left, a supersize one I wear as a nightshirt sometimes, from when the Harlem Globetrotters came to Adelaide. I took my son to see them and got us both a T-shirt.
Wow, you saw the Harlem Globetrotters!! Cool.
Ummm... 07:26 on a Sunday morno, I´m sitting here with old Braunschweig Lions shirt I wear as PJ...
I don't wear themed shirts but my husband is always reading people's tee shirts and commenting on them. The reactions are quite interesting, some people taken aback, others joining in the banter.
Why would people be taken aback???
Don´t they wear it for a reason? - I met a guy wearing a scene from "Le Petite Prince" and he had no idea, how sad...
I must admit to being slightly obsessed with Queen also Iris, Freddie's performance
Sorry pressed button too soon 😁😁 his live performance of Somebody to Love in Montreal was unbelievably fabulous 💜💜
Your mask is wonderful! And of course the shirt. Yes, sometimes people notice, which is alawys fun!
Grace, yes, he was ... he is a legend, that´s what he always wanted to be, right 🧡🧡
____
Jeanie, thank you, and it really is seldom someone notices and says something about my t-shirts!
My thematic shirts tend to be comic book related, though I have one with the Mona Lisa.
Post a Comment