Tuesday, August 18, 2020

T STands For The SixTies... SevenTies?

 

 

Yes, it says... "With ob tampons you can even go swimming. 

Not only in your holiday"


Sorry, if men read along, or am I??

Ingo was born 1965 and his Mum explained to him what tampons are (well, not straight away).

And I find a magazine from the later 70´s with ads for those things??? 


I can top this! We have ads for "Binden/pads" on TV ... like NOW.

EWWWWW

 I cannot imagine to not have this comfort.

 

 

Men, still reading along? Read "comfort" as in no mess. It hurts. You think of nothing aaaand "cramp, outch!!!"

Feel free to tell me about "men-problems", and I´m not after hair!

No matter where!

 (huh I can give a rhyme, here).

Boy... aren´t we so lucky to have these tampons and guess who invented them? A man (wiki gives no name).

And what do I find two houses to the left?

 

The German and English sites were... useless, the French one at least gave away even the Egyptians had something like it!!!

Detail:

 

Here - I made a start:


Food-wise?? SUMMER!!!


AAAND! I just saw a mini-docu on Saratoga Chips, ohhhh, "sweet". As sweet as waking up to 32 What´s App messages from my Brother! Holiday-pics, Yayyyy!

And to be in with Elizabeth and Bleubeard´s "T Stands For Tuesday":

 


And Henry?



He thinks tampons are great!


33 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had been using tampons to spread my pan pastels and chalks, but once I won CJ's box that included the proper tools to spread the pan pastels, I removed the tampons and put them in their proper place in the bathroom. Had to laugh at your post, though. I wonder how many men will be embarrassed to read this post.

Beautiful beetroot feta salad and great coconut drink really clashes nicely with the tampons (GRIN). Thanks for sharing your post on Tampons and your coconut drink with us for T this Tuesday. Henry looks great, too.

Iris Flavia said...

LOL!!! You made me laugh so hard!!! With both, too!
Help, now that coconut-bowl will always remind me of you... and pastels!
Henry just giggles, too (real men do know tampons are a great invention! By a real man).

Tom said...

...enjoy your summer, it never last long enough.

Anonymous said...

interesting topic
Loved the lion and the drink looks wonderful

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, Tom, I try!

____

Kathy, :-)

magiceye said...

Come to Mumbai! We have summer all year round!

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhh, lucky you! Now I only need a job and a home there!

Anonymous said...

I had to come back to let you know there is allot of quilting going on in Germany I had to google it as Europe has many talented quilters. found lots of shops and quilting guilds there too-hugs

Divers and Sundry said...

I used ob back in the day and may well have discovered them through an ad lol Right now I want the coconut drink. How pretty. I could really savor the summertime with that on my patio :) Happy T Tuesday

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm, Kathy, I know no one who does quilting or has one! But thank you for coming back, I´ll habe a look, hugs!

____

Divers and Sundry, my days are slowly going to coconut only as well ;-)
Actually nice! Amazing what our bodies do, huh. Hugs!

gigi-hawaii said...

I wouldn't put a plumeria in that coconut drink. The sap from the flower might be poisonous.

Iris Flavia said...

The flower is made of plastic, no worries ;-)

Linda Kunsman said...

so glad all those women's monthly days have been over for me for a long time now!!!
Your beetroot salad sounds so delicious- and the coconut drink does as well! Happy T day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Loving the summer vibe on your post today! The old advertisement made me smile and I think lots of men may be uncomfortable with your topic of conversation ...lol 😀. Loving the lion, he looks so grand and handsome overlooking the square! I love feta cheese and beetroot, so nice in a sandwich too 😉. I'd like to try the coconut drink with you, it looks so pretty - cheers! Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Kate Yetter said...

I loved tampons when a friend introduced me to them in high school. They made life so much cleaner. But I recently switched to a menstrual cup and I will never go back to tampons. They are cleaner, more comfortable and can be left in longer. Win win.
I have never tried Beetroot but it looks like it makes a delicious and refreshing summer salad.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Anonymous said...

Your salad and coconut drink look lovely.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Jeanie said...

I'm glad that's a part of my life that is over!

The Coconut drink looks delish!

Iris Flavia said...

Linda, I´m heading there, also, yay! Maybe the woman who put them outside was done, also!
Yep, was a yummy drink (in a normal container, this "coconut" was a pressie to myself!)

____

Jo, yes, and sad, huh? WE should be uncomphy with this mess! To coconut-milk and a happy T-day, hugs!

____

Kate, I´ve heard of that cup but just cannot imagine to use it! Sounds complicated!
I´ve read beetroot is very healthy, too! And yummy, some win-win, also :-)
Happy T-day to you!
____

Eileen, they were, YUM, Happy T-day and hugs!

Bill said...

Maybe you want to take up residence in Death Valley. They just recorded a piping hot 51C yesterday and today. That should appeal to you, don't you think? :):)

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, yes, I wait for that also!!! Truly!!!

____

Bill, after say... a week I´d be fine there :-)
OK, two weeks.
No cold supermakets with aircon and down to 20C, though! Always a pain. Brrrr....

Stevenson said...

Glad it's warmer there now Iris! Here it did rain every single day but when it does not and the sun shines for a good 6 hours straight, all the coolness from the rain is just gone! You'll love it here Iris! I think I'd love it there also because I love the cooler weather, except when it's rainy and it's hard to dry clothes on the line HAHA

About tampons, those are not marketed well here in our country as ladies use the pads generally. And yes, we do have advertisements on them but no demo of course, just models and actresses showing how confident they are in moving and dancing because they have the pads on. I have no problem whatsoever in such conversations because I grew up having a lot of friends that are ladies and they talk about those, but one bad thing I remember was while I was on my way to the laundry room when I was staying at my brother's in California, it was an apartment complex and everyone can use the coin washers at the laundry room for a fee. I was about to do my laundry and behold what i saw in the stairs, a tampon! worse, USED!!! OMG! I have no idea how that ended on that carpeted stairs! Did it drop from a laundry bag? or did it drop from her body? OMG! Sorry that was grose I know! It's not grose because it's normal and its part of a ladies hygiene and life but to leave it there ON THE STAIRS WHERE ANYONE WALKS AT! HAHAHAHA

Oh and about that drink Iris! OMG! Loooove that coconut cup! I think I saw one of those in Bali on a beach bar with that cute hibiscus flower. I think they do not opt for the plumeria decorations because Bali is a Hindu island and plumerias are very sacred to them.

Sending you hugs dearest Iris! Work is almost done for me so I thought I'd visit your blog to take away the stress of the day HAHA

Karen said...

I hate tampons ~ I love your coconut drink and your lion that appears everywhere! ~ We did gain freedom with tampons, but I can't use those dang things! I'm a pad girl so I don't feel her sense of adventure ~ (sort of Laughing) Your salad looks yummy & I could use that tropical cocktail! ~ Enjoy your week

My name is Erika. said...

I like your lovely beach page, and the tampon story. And I like your sewing. It is better not looking like some computerized machine did it. And the coconut drink looks amazing. Such an exciting way to enjoy it on a summer day. Is it still warm? and I'll take some beetroot and feta too. Yum. Hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, dear Stevenson, you had me laughing here! EWWWWW.
That darn tampon hopefully did not fall out, I do not think that´s even possible, but... ewwww.
Only a true man can even tell this story, LOL. The poor person who had to pick that up then!
On a public toilet I ran into a used diaper... like... it was not pee. And... no. Some people are mindless. Let´s put it that way: I am "scared" of toilets with a closed lid.
On the stairs?!!!! The ickiest I found there was a smashed cockroach in Alexandria, Egypt. It was kinda huge. I nearly puked, LOL.

The flower on the drink is plastic only, but it makes a good summer drink!
Some cold 15C right now (05:00 am), later 25 at least, still "too cold".

LOL, dear Stevenson, I never thought a pic about a tampon can take stress away, but whatever it takes - are you going on holiday? Big hugs from here!

____

creativeseconds, that´s what I also love about blogging, we are an honest community!
To a great, yummy week!

____

Erika, yes, I really took a needle and sewed by hand, "sewed". The items came with a hole, so I had no chance and now Hubby wants to buy me a kid´s sewing machine!
Yes, still a bit warm here, oh, I don´t want summer to leave! Hugs from here to you.

peppylady (Dora) said...

No period for eight years and don't miss them. I might have to look tough current mag and see what sort of ads are in them. No feminine products on television here in United States.

Iris Flavia said...

Dora, lucky you!!!
Ha, you would fall off your chair on the ads here! Glad I don´t have kids!

CJ Kennedy said...

If you want to clear men from conversation just bring up the topic of feminine hygiene! No men! Your post made me laugh. Thank you for that really needed with the news going on. Henry looks very majestic. Happy T Day!

William Kendall said...

Well now, that's different.

Sharon Madson said...

Funny post and comments, too. You ask on my blog why not Summer cards as I had made a Christmas card. I try to make them all year long, so when December comes I don't have a last minute panic to get them done. Besides, I have other Christmas projects to get done, then too. So it helps to make them ahead. I also stamp the inside greetings and the envelopes. This year I only have 20 of 60 made so far, because of my broken wrists and surgeries and being in casts through February or March. Happy Day!

Lisca said...

O gosh yes, I remember OB. But when I started using tampons as a young girl (in the sixties), I used Tampax that had an applicator. I didn't start using OB (which were cheaper) until I was a bit older.
Beetroot and feta, a combination made in heaven. Good choice.
And I will join you with that coconut drink. It looks very nice.
I'm sorry I'm late in commenting. My laptop has decided it does no longer wants to use Chrome or Internet Explorer and I have not been able to comment. I have an iPhone but I've tried commenting before and most comments don't arrive. So I am looking for someone to do me a blog on Wordpress (the free version). If you know of anyone who could do that for me and is reasonably priced, please let me know. I have tried myself but I have not succeeded.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

Funny post. I am impressed that the men commented on the tampons. Laughter is what we need right now. Have a lovely evening.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Interesting mix of photos. Happy Belated T-Day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Funny,but pleased to say those days are long gone for me!!! Your salad looks yummy! Belated Happy T day, Chrisx