Monday, November 20, 2023

He Always Says Hello


I slept by myself last night and (hence?) dreamed I drive a car (haven´t done this in 5 years and am very afraid to do so after an accident in 2009 or such, and yes, my brain forgets the date on purpose, sadly not the harmless (!) details, define "harmless" - I drove till 2018 anyways, despite the constant fear cause I had "no choice").
It was on my Birthday, that´s all that is stuck in my brain.
Police wanted to see my license and didn´t even say a word (like, "oh ,two birthdays in one day!")
Each and every time I came from my family´s home I saw the "long Henry", as we call this "chimney".

He always seems to calmly say, hey, glad to see you, you made it home again, safely

I always see him when I go to EDEKA / ALDI(schönenSachen as my T always says 😘) in Hamburg street just around the corner. This is where I took the pic last week.

So... to a safe new week.
Hope, if you have to drive somewhere ... you come home safely.

Two posts, as I join Sami, of course, just scroll down, if you like - there is AN EMERGENCY! ... not, as we are all organized, aren´t we!

My brain seems to be. Driving a car again... silly!

Yet... it felt so good to be independent again.



12 comments:

Tom said...

...Iris, I hope that you will overcome your fear of driving some day.

Anonymous said...

agree with Tom hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, Kathy, thank you - I don´t see it coming... as there is no need and public transport is OK...

magiceye said...

A landmark!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also agree with Tom.

gigi-hawaii said...

The bus in my area is very slow, and the train doesn't go where I want to go, so I usually depend on David to be my chauffeur. It's great!

My name is Erika. said...

Driving safely is always important. I actually like to drive, and I don't worry about me, I worry about some of the other drivers out there on the road. I'm not the fastest diver on the planet, and some people are writing their own death wish at the speed they drive. Anyhow, I hope you had a nice start to the new week. hugs-Erika

River said...

I use public transport too as I have no need to be rushing anywhere. Never did learn to drive a car anyway. It isn't the same as a motorbike.
I have had some weird dreams lately too, in the hour of sleep between getting up to give Lola her breakfast and the time I get up for myself is when the weird dreams happen, they are never bad, just odd and sometimes funny, but I don't remember what happens in them.

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, yes, a strong one, always happy to see "him"!

____

Elizabeth, I know....


_____

gigi, I walk a lot, and that´s OK :-)

____

Erika, I liked to drive, too! When a woman crashed my parking car and I got a very cool substitute I took a day off to visit Bro just for the fun of driving!
But now... Once one simply came towards me - no idea, maybe texting, maybe heart attack... I was able to get away without touching another car... it was so close to another accident!
I walk :-) hugs

____

River, motorbike sounds even scarier these days.
Once, on our moped, in a village, a dog went after me!!! I yelled to Ingo to drive faster!!!
Once she got hot as the brakes were "broken"... alas. I prefer to walk!
Sad or good you can´t remember your dreams.
I dreamed I was in my parent´s house last night/early morning hours. Exhausting. Also cause... they are gone so long!
Reckon it´s Ingo fighting. As if life wasn´t short enough!.

Jeanie said...

We have a series of long towers like that by the power company called "Winken, Blinken and Nod" after the rhyme. They talk about tearing them down but I hope not -- like your Tall Henry, they are a landmark people love!

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous post and pages! Your always so busy and your breakfast looks yummy, perfect way to start the day 😊. I hope you're having a lovely week ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

William Kendall said...

I prefer back roads to freeways.