Sunday, November 19, 2023

They Once Were

 
 
These beauties lasted over three weeks, but yesterday they had to go. They just looked too sad. Mr. Pumpkin-Which certainly stays!
 

 When we look back...
 







 
💙💛
 "Indian Summer" wasn´t that bad, what do you think?
Let´s keep these in mind and let´s look forward to when nature awakes again.

I know some of you are really lucky and like, love, even enjoy Autumn and Winter.
I am not, I tend to feel depressed, rather.

Maybe come December there will be happy Christmas lights added to the darn Christmas cookies and deco that lure in the stores since September.

Then I only have to manage all January, that is do-able.
And, yes, I look very much forward to this holiday. 
We would´ve been "due" 2021, so it is looong overdue and we had no holiday at all since 2019.
Wow, how time runs! We had days off, but stayed home. Which, in summer, is OK, too.

 Henry 🦁
 

 To the happy half of the year 😊
Oh, Henry. I could need a hug right now...



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know. I don' t hate autumn but this year it's raining all the time. I'm surprised when it is not. I LOVE SUMMER

Bettie said...

Bettie

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, blogger has the hiccups again, huh.
Yes, Spring and Summer.
But Autumn and Winter are there, also. Just yesterday in the dark I thought, OK, this is life. Others are off way, way worse.

Tom said...

...few things last forever.

My name is Erika. said...

It's too bad flowers can't just keep on blooming. They certainly put a smile on my face and a kick in my step. But I guess when they all die back, it gives us something to look forward to. More and different flowers. have a great rest of your weekend Iris. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, I know...

___

Erika, yes. I just have a very dark day today. Hugs, hope you are better...

magiceye said...

A floral extravaganza!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, we need to see this!

Bill said...

All the colour ful flowers bring smiles. Another wet day here.

RedPat said...

I still have geraniums flowering in my window box and I hope they last a bit longer before we get a heavy frost. I am not looking forward to winter.

Iris Flavia said...

Bill, we had rain later, too. I love rain, as you know :-)

___

RedPat, no frost in sight here, luckily! Hope you stay warm a bit longer, too!

River said...

So mnay beautiful flowers thank you. I love the pumpkin witch.

Iris Flavia said...

And I found more flowers on Saturday, post to come!
They predicted a "warm winter". Not good for nature, but good for us... Pumpkin-witch says hi from my left side :-)

Jeanie said...

Beautiful photos, Iris. The day after Thanksgiving I will take my pumpkins to the back corner of the yard and crack them open so the critters can get at the meat and seeds. So far, still holding up!