Sunday, November 26, 2023

On Reality

  

The older colleague in "international" workshop worked in... don´t nail me... Saudi Arabia?
In a present-meeting (long before Covid, when people met for real) he was asked by a colleague (!) where he is from.
"Germany".
The - way younger man - looked at him full of hatred and said: "You killed my family!", got up and looked mad at him.
It was a Jewish man.
My colleague stayed calm and explained that even his parents were children "back then".
"YOU KILLED MY FAMILY, MY PEOPLE! I CAN´T BE IN A ROOM WITH YOU, WITH A KILLER!", he repeated and left the room.
There were other Jewish colleagues who nodded to this but stayed.

Pic above?
Perth CBD, a group of (partially retired) teachers offered us a seat at their table at pub Moon & Sixpence, which was full to the brim.
I wore a Perth-t-shirt and hence, yes, I´m only visiting...
Oh, do you like it, why the West, why Perth?
(Perth is quite "remote")  - a nice chat.

Where are you from then?
...
well, go figure.
The dude with the long hair straightened up and accused me of Holocaust.
The others looked down in shame whilst I explained to the dumbhead that my Mom fled at age two from Prussia to Germany in the very harsh winter of 1944 and my Dad spent more time in the bunker than in first-grade-school.
(My German Grandfather was the only watchmaker in town and hence no soldier, the maternal one was a prisoner of war in Russia (he reunited with the family in Germany but died soon later)).

The walls in our heads. National and world-wide. 
Will they ever go down?

All this should never be forgotten!!!
But to blame "us" over generations that follow?!

Now look at who goes at Jewish people here in Germany today?
Not the German people.
Too many of the Muslim people we took as "refugees", THEY do.
It is horrible to watch what happens in Berlin (especially), Hamburg, Cologne etc, People yelling against Jewish people, demanding the caliphate.

Yes, you read that correct: "demanding the caliphate" in Germany.
Not working, not learning German, being properly taken care of and instead of saying "thank you for helping us out of hell" they want the caliphate, want to suppress girls and women.
 
And what does German Government do?
Nothing.
 
So far we in Braunschweig sit here safely.
Putin... will (have to die now) not take Ukraine and make his way on again till Berlin, the extremist Muslims hopefully stay in those huge metropolis (why not send them back home? They do NOT respect our law, I just do not get this).
 
Soon some positive thoughts on the wall that once was and still is.
 
How is it like in your heart and brain? Germany divided or united? A killer-nation?
Or just too far away to spend a thought (I could understand that). 
 
More to come on "the East", if you like to follow...
 
Henry 🦁
 

... look forward and make it better.


 

20 comments:

magiceye said...

The right wingers all over the world are out to destroy the peace. Very sad to read whats happening in Germany.

Tom said...

...we all suffer from the sins of our fathers.

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, I wouldn´t call such Muslims right wing.
They live in the middle ages.
Or do you mean the Israeli... he´s just a dumb kid in my eyes.

____

Tom, and that´s the point. None of my family even was a Na#i. And to those who cannot say that: Men were forced to join, other their families suffered.
Same with Russians today. Many soldiers run away or let themselves get injured cause they don´t wanna fight.

Christine said...

World peace is not a reality

Iris Flavia said...

No, but that our government simply does nothing is scary...

CJ Kennedy said...

You're not the only country that's divided. So many seem to admire and want an autocracy. At least here. They don't want the government in their business, but don't seem to understand that an autocracy/dictatorship will take away all their freedoms. Idiots. There's probably lots of life on other planets, but they bypass Earth because the inhabitants are too stupid.

Bill said...

The world will never experience peace and that is a shame.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a different world we would live in if everyones decisions were based on kindness and love - I would like to live in such a world ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Iris Flavia said...

CJ, dictatorship?! Please, no, that would be here if Put#n succeeds.
I agree, other #s think Earth is an asylum for lunatics, hahaha...

____

Bill, yes, and so sad...

____

Jo, thanks for popping in - I can´t comment in your place "atm"...
Yes, I would love to live in a nice world, too!!! Hugs x

Jeanie said...

We must all build tolerance and love -- and that's a whole lot easier said than done, especially with past grievances -- but they are past. Well, I suppose, not all.

Amypie71 said...

I have Jewish ancestry on my father's side and I"m angry about what happened in the 2nd world war BUT.....we all have to get along and learn from this to make sure it doesn't happen again. Our world has no room for hate.

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, yes to tolerance and love, both are so important.

____

Amy, I agree... but letting extremist Muslims go at Jewish people here in Germany is... I find no words for our government´s behavior.

Divers and Sundry said...

It surprises me how long some people will hold a grudge -and how deeply -and how personally.

I had no idea there was such a large Muslim presence in Germany or that there was a sizeable extremist presence. Do y'all have hate crime laws?

My daddy fought in WW2. I never heard him speak against the modern German nation. He didn't live to see it re-united.

My name is Erika. said...

You know, I understand that man's anger and being upset, but, how can an individual be held responsible for the sins from before they were born. Society as a whole is different, and if a society can't admit their mistakes, then there is an issue. But society is so many people.
I hope you had a nice weekend Iris. hugs-Erika

MELODY JACOB said...

It's a shame that the world will never have peace.

Thank you for sharing.
Please read my last post. Have a great week!

https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/11/sometimes-you-have-to-accept-that-you-are-the-problem.html

William Kendall said...

It is not rational to blame a current generation for something done in the time of their grandparents.

Granny Sue said...

Blame, blame, and blame. Why is it we all must blame? This planet is so small, yet we act like children in a sandbox, and those who scream loudest and hit hardest get all the toys. Then the others scream and cry and point fingers and run to whatever world power they think will side with them. And like children, grudges are held and remembered and fester for a long, long time.
As for Germany, I rejoiced when your country was reunited, and I do not hold the country to blame for the madman in the past. I do not understand the deep hatreds of the Middle East and never will. I do get tired of the aggrieved Arab and Jewish voices on the radio, screaming like children, " well, he did this or that", using that as an excuse for more hate.

Iris Flavia said...

Divers and Sundry, sadly I never heard of hate crime laws other than on FB.
You might laugh, but police was there to protect the once screaming against Germany. Or which way ever. Loads of police in teh streets.

I once met a French war-survior. He asked me!!!! "How was your journey to France? Do you like it here?"
Today, as I´m mature.. I would´ve hugged him!!!
Sad your Dad did not see the reunion...

___

Erika, yes, and offocials each and every year say sorry, they go down on their knees, it´s all on TV.
The weekend was relaxed :-) Hope yours as well after the party :-) hugs!

____

Melody Jacob, I think you are right, peace is not wanted by too many...

____

William, yes, but it happensd too often by dumbheads...

____

Sue, they do act like nasty kids. I think children per se are innocent, just when they learned a bit and the wrong bits they get mean, so easy to influence a new brain...
Funny enough the madman was Austrian, not German, I think many forget this, too.
Yes, I am so with you!!! I once met a very, very nice Arab man in Cairo. Wonder what became of him. He must be very sad over how "His people" act these days.
Why do our politicians do.. nothing?

River said...

I get angry in my heart hen people still say such ugly things. You and I and all out generation killed nobody! Hated nobody. How can "they" still blame us? It is so stupid. To me, we are all jst people, no matter where from.
I agree that those who do not respect their new contry's laws should be sent back. Maybe then they will realsie how good they had it in Germany. Or wherever else they are. It doesn't make sense to settle in a new country then try to force the government to change things to suit themselves when those rules are the very things they ran away from.

Granny Sue said...

Yes, right, he was Austrian. Thank you for the reminder. I try not to judge all by the few, just as I would not want to be judged by the actions of extremists in the US, I just long for peace and understanding bet5peoples, knowing all the while that it is a hopeless dream.