As expected no kid showed up for trick or treat.
We will still wait for self-raising flour to arrive in Germany some couple of years, also.
I am one of the last t"graduated engineers" as well, ex-"chancellor" Merkel threw this overboard also. It was a sign of.. oh, forget it.
"Made in Germany" means nothing no more and then see:
Germany´s biggest Halloween-party.
Hm. Really??? Bigger than Berlin? I highly doubt that!!! Maybe for the 30th of October...
We´re not into partying anyways - are you?
I never was. Not age-related in my case..
No taxi needed, we can walk!
See... that was one of the "rules" I had for finding a place to live: Near to the heart of the city.
Ingo wanted: Like a village - we met both!!!
And, can you believe it...
Another month popped up!







17 comments:
Here towns do trick or treating on all kinds of days, many of them on the 30th, not on Halloween. I'm not sure why that happens, but Halloween might be a day but it is really a whole season. Some places do it early as they have parades and some places do it so it doesn't happen on a school night. So I don't think the big party on the 30th would be unusual here. And because I live rural I don't get trick or treaters. Which is good because at my old house candy could cost upwards of $100 there were so many of them. Just saying. Smile. Happy November Iris. hugs-Erika
Wow, funny how different this is celebrated!
I had no idea. This explains the endless Treehouse of Horror-episodes by The Simpsons! I was always wondering!
To a happy new month, hugs
Parties will never be my thing.
Too loud and crowded...
...we had one kid, a rather old kid! Iris, I hope that your week is going well.
Welcome to November!
Like Erika, I live in a rural area so we haven’t had any trick or treaters for 15 years at least. The town has a lot of event for the kids. One of the farms had a Tractor Treat event. The school had a Trunk or Treat. People drove their cars and parked in the parking lot. The cars were decorated. Treats were in the truck. Kids went up and down the rows in costume trick or treating. The fire department usually has a Ghoul Parade on the town green. Prizes for best costume and then everyone goes across the street to the fire house for treats. There was also an Oh, My Gourd event. People brought their best Jack O’Lantern carvings and prizes given for the best. Most of these happened on the weekend. Many parents don’t want the kids out at night when the next day is a school day.
As to self-rising flour, you can make your own: For every cup of self-rising flour, substitute one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon baking soda.
Yes, Halloween on Oct 30. What a hoot. I have always enjoyed a good party. Good food, good people, good fun. What's not to like?
Christine, thank you.
____
CJ, wow there is a LOT going on there! Wonderful!!
Yes, I googled the self-raising flour, too. Yet.... Jamie is always so fast with it having it ready at hand!
2019 I saw it at ALDI in Perth. ALDI is a German company, so.... I want that here, too! ;-)
No parties, no kids, just another day. :)
Yup, well and deco :-)
We only had a very few trick or treaters, too. Butit was raining and snowing and very cold. Still... so different.
We had no kids and just stayed in watching tv and eating chocolates.
Jeanie, snow already?! oh, my!
____
RedPat, same, minus the chocolates!
We had city sponsored parties over the weekend and one part of town put on a house by house treat event last night. Our local news was there interviewing the kids.
I used to host small parties of no more than 8. I often had either snacks or sit down dinners.
Sounds like organized fun :-)
In Hamburg and Berlin teenagers/young "adults" when drunk vandalized, loads of police was needed, it´s sad....
I am not a fan of parties, but I am goung to one later this month, my grand daughter's wedding!
Post a Comment