Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Hi From The Past


It´s not Der Froschkönig, it´s Die Froschkönigin!
This is a hand puppet show for everybody from age 5 on.
Or rather was, see:

 
This was quite a while ago and I took a pic of this sign on the run when I went past Theater Fadenschein - theater flimsy - to get Ingo´s bread.
Since 2001 that was "our" bakery as I lived just around the corner - since 2008, when Ingo moved in with me for good after his apartment in Rhüden´d flooded badly, we got his bread from there - also when we moved away.
 
Ingo always uses my surname for ordering stuff (in advance) as it´s easier.
Ages ago there was a TV-ad for an insurance-company.
A very friendly looking guy with a suitcase walking down the street and everybody happily greets him, Hallo, Herr Kaiser! - because the insurance he sold them is supergreat and covers everything without a hassle.
 
The older baker-ladies greeted Ingo always like that, smilingly referring to this ad.
And when it was me getting the bread asked to bring greetings.
 
Since a while Ingo does not like the bread anymore and hence I don´t go there anymore.
I kinda miss the chit-chats we had over the years.
And the 30 minute-walks to get it, no matter the weather. One hour outside is always good!
I got to know some personal stories about partners and kids...
 
Yesterday I walked past on the way to the doc.
Maybe next time I pop in and get an onion-bread for myself.
I never properly said good-bye as Ingo from one day to the other said: No more.

Older colleagues btw tent to ask me if my Hubby´s name is Kaiser.
Oh, boy, how  an ad can influence your life!
 
This is certainly for Tom´s Signs2.

Henry 🦁
 

 Well, you´re a tad late, kids...



 

14 comments:

magiceye said...

Love the enthusiasm on young Henrys!

Tom said...

...when I was a boy puppet shows were popular and I had a puppet stage that my father built. Thanks Iris for the memories.

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, yes, cute, excited ones indeed.

____

Tom, you´re welcome.

Jeanie said...

I think if you like the bakery and you are passing by, why not go in and get what you like. Ingo can eat his bread and you yours! Love the puppet idea -- I always loved puppets.

Christine said...

Good memories.

gigi-hawaii said...

I love that name; Herr Kaiser is beautiful. I have never had onion bread. Sounds tasty.

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, one bread is actually way too much, I hope I can freeze it...
I grew up without classical hand puppets, only Sesame Street and Muppet Show...

____

Christine, yes...

____

gigi, Kaiser is Emperor.
Onion bread is super-yummy (to me).

Bill said...

Unfortunately we don't have a bakery in our town. I miss that.

Iris Flavia said...

You don´t have a bakery in your town? Here every village even has one (as far as I know).

RedPat said...

I think I had a hand puppet when I was a kid but don't really remember what it was.
I'd go for the onion bread too, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, I didn´t have one. I have... now I remember a finger-lion!
Yes, next time I pop in for an onion bread :-)

River said...

Could the bakery not make a bread to suit Ingo? Probably that might be a bit difficult. Does he need a gluten free bread? My son in law is the same, gluten free everything. Bread can be frozen, I freeze my sliced loaf and when I want some just pull off a couple of slices and put the rest back in the freezer, but still in the plastic bag it comes in.

Iris Flavia said...

River, Ingo is simply sick of the same ole same. Plus it´s gotten pretty expensive with the years.
It´s small, but it´s a chain, so no extras.
I´ll pick an onion bread next time and freeze what I cannot eat whislt fresh :-) - I don´t eat much bread.

William Kendall said...

Cute cubs.