If you´re not into salty potato-chips... how about...
(if you´re new: The Euro-cent is for size-reference as here people think the paper is "big". It´s 8,0*10,5cm/3,2*4,1 inch)
Best one can do in the Northern Hemisphere in the cold, grey weather, pull a happy face! 🧐
And now let´s head back into a time before the wall fell... or back to 2013 or such, when my then company had a day out in Magdeburg, former GDR.
As food, amongst other, they offered Soljanka.
I didn´t know what that is, Ingo encouraged me to try and let me tell you: One of the best soups I ever had!
And Saturday I thought about just that!
So, here goes:
Crème fraîche, 1tp per portion when serving, 2 pickled cucumbers, ca 250g Jagdwurst (try to buy a piece, not slices and yes, it has to be this wurst my friend from GDR confirmed), 1 glass letscho, ketchup to thicken the soup, 2 slices of Kassler, a tin of tomatoes and 2 shallots, what you can (minus the tomatoes) chop finely, the Kasseler finer that the Jagdwurst.
Put Kassler and shallots in the pan, when shallots are good add the other ingredients - minus Crème fraîche, add broth to your liking of consistency. Season with pepper and paprika.
Fill in bowls and add one blob of Crème fraîche, enjoy.
Easy to make more than enough and freeze some for later.
Henry 🦁
... one of the few good things about the dark, cold half of the year.
Aaaaand. Blogger. Does not let me comment at Rain´s 😡


.jpg)



23 comments:
...keep smiling, it's good for you.
We all should :-)
Love the smiles food sounds delicious too hugs
I had a crazy day yesterday and didn't get into commenting, but I didn't forget you were still here Iris. :) I love all your smiles today. The world needs more smiles for certain. hugs-Erika
Will be cute to see Henry lapping up the soup!
Kathy, to smiles and maybe give the soup a go, hugs
____
Erika, that´s no worries! Blogging should be fun, not obligation :-)
To more smiles!
____
magiceye :-)
I would love to try that soup! Have a great day!
The soup sounds and looks good. And not too difficult to make, Iris.
A chain of coffee stores here are selling cookies with a smile on them for the next week.
Fun smile art Iris and the soup looks so good.
Comfort food and smiles!!! ☺☺☺ I love the smiley chips!
looks like a good recipe!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com
We're On The Way , GR8 Photo
Cheers
Yum indeed!!!
and today is perfect for a bowl of soup. Yummy, it warms up your tummy. :)
Jeanne, give it a go, it´s easy! :-)
____
RedPat, yes to the first line :-)
Awww, nice idea the coffee-shop-chain has.
____
Christine, thank you.
____
Rain, yes, tahnk you for teh idea :-)
_____
Mae, it´s an original - the author´s name, Lily-May, reveals it :-)
____
Padre, see you on the weekend, then - we´ll defrost some :-)
____
Elizabeth, yes, I look forward to the next meal already!
____
Bill, so YES, to that :-)
Love both your pieces of fun art -- they made me smile!
The smiley chips look too cute to eat!
That soup sounds fabulous, Iris. I think I'd love it!
Smiley chips, how fun and the soup sounds delicious. But I thought the Wall fell in 1989?
I'm not a fan of pickled cucumbers in soups, maybe I could try zucchini? Or maybe just stick with the soups I already know and love.
I remember buying kassler at the market when the kids were all still at home, they would take it in sandwiches to school for lunch or just eat it after school for snacks or sometimes fry it like bacon. I always had to buy a large amount because they all liked it. I haven't been to the market since before covid.
Debra, then they fulfilled theit mission! :-)
____
Spare Parts and Pics, I´d had no problem munching them down - with a smile for each!
____
Jeanie, go for it, it´s really quick and easy!
_____
CJ, more is to come, just yesterday I learned something very crazy on the wall!
____
River, hm... zucchini might not taste strong enough but let me put it à la Jamie:
"You can do it like this or do it your way!" :-) But you need to take Jagdwurst!
You get Kassler at the market? Strange (we have meat trucks there, too, but they always look "misplaced" somehow).
As snack? Interesting!
I´d say... time for a visit, markets are mostly fun to go to!
Yum, the soup looks good.
All the best Jan
Smiles do matter and smiles with a bowl of good soup can make your day. Here's to Henry and his handsome friend ...
Andrea @ From the Sol
Post a Comment