This was a bit messie, but very yummy and really "hot" - yum!
With this I join Elizabeth´s T - to warming drinks!
The journal:
Monday: Meeting on our new structure (we´re the only ones left related directly to engineering and rail). Boss plans for us ALL to go to the cinema in Wolfenbüttel.
K asked me if I join and offered to take me as I have no car.
Had to say no... COVID-danger just before the big holiday.
She understands.
And isn´t it nice she cares, offers AND understands?
Supergrey day. Sooo tired.
2 sessions of training (at least the "heavy ones") due to "Lost Places" being on TV - I felt SO REFRESHED from sport!!! Does it happen to you, too? You feel like "reborn"!
Duuuuh.. company phone leads to contact after 10p.m... who ever knew (I start at 06:00 am - OK, was rather "private" 😀).
Tuesday: Am granted two more seminars. One maybe even 100% on the company! K applied as well, called her "Streber" which means a person who wants to strive, and that we want to do - you call us people nerds... 🤓 pflbtpflbt - and yes, we both wear glasses.
Finally got outside for a brisk walk in the shit#y November-weather as I needed to see the doc for a prescription.
4 sessions of training.Wednesday: Learned more about the company´s smartphone.
Admin T says he likes people who are interested to learn (and dare to ask) versa those who play till it´s "broken".
From that we came to GDR, Italy and finally cooking, which involved colleague/friend K.
Aka fun@twork.
4 sessions of training, sketching, Lost Places.
Thursday: WhatsApp´d my ex-teamleader T about all the workshops I can take part in at ESE and how happy I am cgs-new-boss fired me. German: gefeuert. Autocorrect made it: gefeiert - celebrated. Now, if autocorrect isn´t right for once!!!
Teams-meeting: 3 women, one man, we discuss the possibility of a new project for female colleague and me. Male colleague - with no bad thoughts - spoke of "man-power" we have to deliver... LOL
4 sessions of training.
Friday: International workshop went "wrong", but a post on "the wall" will come up soon due to this - and to... more. As I have no idea for Rain´s theme "Landscape" and as no cooking is coming up I think I´ll pick Thursday for it - be surprised, if you like.
4 sessions of training.
Life is so exciting in these ever-grey-November-days...
Weekend: Saturday: Slept in, then faced the weather and got the last fragrance wax melts "Apple Cinnamon", hmmmm. And Mango, Vanilla, Pomegranate. Store was full, one checkout open. I stood in line some whopping 15 minutes. When done I saw the woman behind me had one sheet of Christmas-paper, one you can get anywhere. Some really seem to enjoy queuing up...
Ingo got a care-parcel from... "GDR"... Things turned around (more Thursday or Sunday)...
4 sessions of sport, then College-Football, Louisville Cardinals vs Miami Hurricanes.
Think days like these simply happen.
Had vanilla fragrance wax melts on, which helped. A bit.
Munch-wise:
Don´t wanna bore you. So glad I can "cook" now! It´s SO EASY!
In the middle it´s old, formerly fresh mushrooms I soaked in one egg with milk, salt, pepper and added to we-have-to-go-peppers and nearly a week old good-bye-cut falafel-balls.
Dunno if you think it´s a bit silly to decorate the cucumber (over a week old) and tomatoes around it, as it´s just for myself, but... it only took a minute and why not make it pretty for oneself, too.
This is true luxury, working from home and having the time to have a brekkie like that and simply work a bit longer, "shifting" hours (others have a smoke meanwhile at Ingo´s company).
Henry 🦁
A typical GDR-recipe.










18 comments:
Yes, I don´t take her for granted!
OH I like how you decorated your plate. It's not silly if it makes you happy. :) And you asked if it was too cold with sit with a hot drink on my screen porch right now and the answer is yes. This morning it is -8 degrees C here, and our high today (and yesterday) was only around 2 degrees C. I even pulled out a wool sweater. And we could get some snow tonight. Brrr.
You draw the best little people and show motion really well. I love the dancing little ladies. And I hope the late autumn blues that you had are gone and you've cheered up too. I sure can be tough some days. I hope your T day is going well. hugs-Erika
Delightful journal yet again!
Hi Iris,
Not silly to make your plate look more appealing, we eat with our eyes first. Love your journal as always. Quite smart to not go to the cinema and keep yourself safe, although maybe go to the cinema in Oz and you might have to stay there longer lol. Happy T Day! Elle xx
What fun journal pages! and yummy looking food! Hello from Ohio, USA. Happy T day ;)
Erika, thank you for letting me know I´m not really silly :-)
-8C???? Holy moly! And snow, oh, "yikes"!
Little popel need to stand tall, right? ;-)
Yes, I had a great day today! Hope yours was wonderful, also, hugs!
____
magiceye, thank you :-)
____
Elle, I will go to the cinema with high hopes then! And yay to happy brekkies, too! xx
____
Dianne, thank you and hi back to Ohio!
That is a pretty plate! I do a good bit as has-to-go cooking too. It stirs the creative in us!
We're having gray/rainy days here. Gloomy. I like the idea of making up a pretty plate, even if just for me :) Happy T Tuesday!
Wonderful journal entry.
I love the little figures in your journal, Iris. You certainly have a full week to look back on.
It is 2˚C here and raining. Yuck.
Always love your art journals Iris. I love those wax warmers but my rule is none that smell like food... makes me hungry...lol Happy T day! Hugs! deb
Das kann ich gut verstehen, dass du so kurz vor eurer großen Reise es nicht riskieren möchtest, vielleicht COVID zu bekommen, zumal es in Deutschland laut meiner Epidemiologen-Tochter wohl wieder mehr COVID-Fälle gibt (hier auch). Ich bin auch immer noch vorsichtig, trage Maske im Supermarkt etc. Meine Lust COVID und damit evtl. long COVID zu bekommen ist Null. Dir eine gute Woche, bleib gesund.
I like how you take the effort to make your breakfast pretty. I'm lazy. I like the drawings for the flavors of your wax melts. I bet they smell pretty too. The wax melts. Not the drawings.😺 Happy T Day
Iris, in the time I've followed you, you have just blossomed. Not blossomed -- bloomed. Happy in the job, happy cooking, having good working situations and relationships. That makes me feel tremendously happy.
My breakfast is never pretty, just hot porridge, easy to eat, but I do make my salads pretty with different colours of foods.
I "should" get up off my chair and exercise more but I keep thinking "just one more blog" and before I know it it is almost time to prepare dinner! I am surprised my bum still fits in my chair.
I like apple cinnamon wax burners, but after about an hour the smell is too much and I have to stop the burning and open a window.
Sue, to creativity :-)
____
Divers and Sundry, grey here, too, so... to pretty food!
____
Bill, thank you!
____
Nicole, to nerds!! And to pretty foods! Let´s always take the time for this. And to good smells.
____
RedPat, 2C here, too, brrrr, to little figures!
____
deb, LOl, there are waxes that smell like food??? WANT! Pizza!!! Hugs, now I´m hungry!
____
Carola, ja, meine Angst besonders vor Long COVID ist groß. Gesundheitsbedingt bin ich, wie ich lerne viele, überhaupt nicht geimpft. Sei das nun gut oder schlecht...
Auf dass wir gesund bleiben!
____
CJ, well, "efford" ;-)
Wax smells great - food thankfully "silent" on that tune! Huhhhh ;-)
____
Jeanie, I do thank you very, very much! What else to say - other than... I always saw myself at least "OK"! You, Ingo and my Brother saw me quite different, which is... strange. Really, I was OK, always. Mostly ;-)
____
River, I had porridge once. Must be like Vegemite! ;-) So... to salads and yes, I know the "just one more blog"-issue too well!!
Imagine my surprise, bum-wise, when I found out Emil, my IKEA chair, is a kid´s chair... LOL!!! No wonder I always felt "a tad big"!!!
I had "wood"-wax - gave me a headache, too!
Sorry I'm late visiting. I caught a bug that refused to let go. Looks like you had a very productive week at work. I don't understand if you are afraid of covid with friend from work before holiday, how can you stand in line at grocery store and not worry there about being exposed to covid?
Your hot chocolate looks yummy. I like the name Chill Bill. Thanks for sharing your calendar and your drink with us for T this week, dear Iris.
Decorating food makes a meal into a treat - not silly at all! Not long to wait for for your holiday so a good move not to get into crowds! Loving your drawings! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx
Post a Comment