Saturday, November 25, 2023

On Respect


I felt just like this friendly, well-read Taurus yesterday.
With whom I join Eileen´s Saturday critters.

Sorry he´s so pale - it was pitch-dark when I sketched him and I had the daylight-lamp on... Not the best time of the year for sketching...

Really, I was at the neurologist (first time) - app 01:00 p.m. - I had to wait a little.

A Mother-Daughter-duo in the waiting area AT FULL BLAST chatting more or less none-stop, the maybe 60-y-o daughter showing her mom ENDLESS pics of people dear mom did not know. Mom spoke mostly silently, indicating her hearing is OK and since daughter understood, her hearing must´ve been as good.

Ruthless, rude, I could hardly concentrate... No other patient said a word. Amazing how rude some people can be. Sad.

After some electro-shocks (not kidding) I had to wait way over an hour, sadly these two "ladies" had to wait nearly as long.

I was home 03:20. More than 2 hours (sadly without a result, more tests why my feet are/get numb are due). 

Those "ladies" can be glad I have no horns!

´Nough of unpleasant meetings, off to see your critters, have a nice Saturday!

Henry 🦁


  Some think they are ... superior?



26 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love your sketch and the Henry image is great.
I like peace and quiet when I am reading, it does seem weird for people to talk very loud in waiting rooms. Everyone does not need to hear their conversation. Maybe they do not have an inside voice?
I hope you can find out the reason for your feet being numb.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Marit said...

Lovely scetch!
I hope your feets get better! :)

Iris Flavia said...

Eileen, yes, no inner voice and outer yelling that was.
I was astonished that no one braved up and asked to to keep their voices low!
We were all chicken!
Yes, hope it´s a harmless reason...

____

Marit, thank you and... feet, I guess that will be a longer process.

Tom said...

...some people don't understand that silence can be golden.

Iris Flavia said...

They can talk, but moderate! They were practically yelling.

Christine said...

Fun art. Good luck with this numbness these thing can take a while to diagnose.Finding the right doctors is important.

Iris Flavia said...

Christine, thank you.
Yes, I think I won´t solve the problem before the holiday...

CJ Kennedy said...

Wow, most of the time when I have to wait at the doctor's office, it's as quiet as a tomb.

Iris Flavia said...

YES!!!!

My name is Erika. said...

Some people have no sense of other people around them, do they? It drives me crazy. It's like people in stores on their phones talking loudly. Have a great rest of your weekend Iris. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

So I am not alone being annoyed by this.
To top it... the book was crap, I just jumped through and will skip the rest.
To a great rest-weekend, Erika, hugs

Bill said...

Loud talking on the phone really annoys me. Who wants to listen to your conversation, no one!

Iris Flavia said...

Bill, they were BOTH sitting at the doctor´s!

RedPat said...

People talking loud in person and on their phones drives me crazy. I don't want to hear their conversations.
I like you art today, Iris.

Divers and Sundry said...

I've been known to join conversations when people talk that loud. They often quiet down just so I won't be able to hear them lol

DVArtist said...

Oh give me a cow reading anytime. This is awesome!!!! Have a nice day, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, it was an endless who is who and how FUN the fun-booth was. And I had to stay.
Taurus says thank you :-)

____

Divers and Sundry, YES!!! To NO CHICKEN!
I am chicken 🐔 - bohoo. Next time I ask you to join me!

____

Nicole, no idea if this cow had fun, though!
"LOL"!

Granny Sue said...

I have a friend who always wants to show me photos of people I will never meet.
My son had an issue with numb hands, turned out to be a pinched nerve in his neck.

Iris Flavia said...

Sue, why do people do share such pics???
To show off how many THEY know (ohhh, I´m sooo popular)...
That pinched nerve gives me hope, thank you!!!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Iris :=)
I can honestly say I have never heard anyone talking loudly in a doctors waiting room. How irritating for you. I also don't like to hear people who talk loudly on their cellphones. Why would I! Your painting is humorous and well executed. Well done Iris!

I hope you find out what is causing the numbness in your feet.
Well wishes
Sonjia.

magiceye said...

Possibly their way of coping with fear of the doctor. Bad for others though. Hope the numbness in your feet goes away!

River said...

It's possible the daughter simply doesn't realise how loud she talks.
I hope they find the foot problem and can fix it. Electric shocks doesn't seem right. I think maybe you need an MRI where they inject a dye into the blood stream so they can see if the circulation is good.
And wiggle your toes often while sitting at the computer just to keep the blood flowing.

Iris Flavia said...

Sonjia, that was a first for me, too, with those "ladies"...
Thank you and yes, I hope they find out what´s wrong, too!

____

magiceye, I think the doctor feared them ;-)

____

River, how can you not realize when people keep looking at you?
With the shocks they measured how fast my nerves react - "sadly" normal. MRI is next. But it takes likely ages to get an app.
So long I´ll wiggle along! ;-)

Jeanie said...

That sounds like a horrible visit, Iris. I know what you mean about bad waiting rooms! I hope they can find out what's up with your feet.

Amypie71 said...

I agree, it is very rude, I try to keep my voice low in a quiet place.

William Kendall said...

I was finishing up in a laundromat today. Three people came in chatting very loudly in Chinese. I was glad to leave.