Sunday, November 05, 2023

Brokkoli Instead Of Bread

 

This is what I´ll try! This about the broccoli only. The rest is "just other yum".
And look at the siamese-twin mushrooms! 

Why a video will follow? The recipe is from FB and I see no other comfy way to get a grip. 
Even when you share it on FB it gets lost somewhere, so, as more will follow, I´ll tag them FB-recipes and can find them easily here. 
 
In case you don´t have FB: 
Cut and grate 300g / 11oz broccoli, add 4 eggs and a cut onion, stir well.
Add 1ts of salt, 1/2ts pepper (1sp fried garlic (ewwww)), 100g / 40oz grated mozzarella and 1ts cottage cheese. Stir.
Put oil in a pan, heat it up, fill in the broccoli-mass, let cook with lid on for 7 minutes.Take a dish to turn it and fry for 3 more minutes et voilà!
 
 
 
 I´ll let you know if it was a yay or nay, if you copy it, I´d like your opinion, too! :-) 
 
Henry 🦁
 

First donut, then cake and chocolate today and now this? I´ll go to bed hungry...
Henry, broccoli is fun and strong, and happy!
 
P.S.  This was a time-out with great music.
Do we have to be effective every second of our lives? I enjoyed grating the broccoli...
 


14 comments:

Mae Travels said...

That video is maddening! The sappy voice says everything around 3 times, and makes it all take forever. Plus you couldn’t pay me to bother with grating broccoli! Stupid idea. Basically it’s just another version of frittata. It probably doesn’t taste BAD, just indifferent. Are you really going to make it? I’m sure there’s an easier way.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

It´s super-yummy, but it took me way more than 10 minutes.
I will do it again! :-)

Tom said...

...I like bread!

Iris Flavia said...

Me. also, but I also like alternatives :-)

Anonymous said...

there is a way to save on fb I need to look that up I have lots of categories to save over there including recipes-might be the save feature-I will go back and check.
Typical negative Mae

Anonymous said...

Just checked-over on fb at the top of every post on the upper right of it you will see dots horizontal-click on that and it will have save post and then you can make categories

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm with Henry. Broccoli is okay, but this is way too time consuming

Iris Flavia said...

Kathy, you sure made me laugh!!!
And look it up, screenshot on what I see on FB is on the way via e-mail.
Gah, I think it´s related to the country how it likes to work?

____

CJ, nah, with Adriano Celentano by your ear it´s FUN and yum!

Amypie71 said...

Great idea. I regularly have vegetables with eggs, even nicer grating cheese on top.

Anonymous said...

I found lots of recipes online using grated or shredded broccoli here is one https://www.yummly.com/recipes/shredded-broccoli

William Kendall said...

My mother tended to have broccoli with a cheese or white sauce.

Iris Flavia said...

Amy, cheese makes EVERYTHING better :-)

____

Kathy, thank you! The soup sounds so yum - I also have cooked brussels sprouts, that come in handy in this way, also!

____

William, then go for childhood-memories! Really easy to do !

River said...

It sounds like it should be nice, but I would never bother with grating broccoli, I would just chop it very small. Had to laugh at "eeeewww" for garlic, I love garlic.

Iris Flavia said...

I liked grating it - it looks funny - pics to come :-)
We had neighbours who overused garlic, cooking on the balcony. It made me nearly fall unconscious!
I sometimes really had to go inside.
Jamie uses garlic a lot and still... brrr....