Sunday, July 01, 2018
It´s A Very Small World
Yesterday it was time again to pay a visit to Bierfest, the beer festival.
As you can see Ingo wore a certain t-shirt (mine said Braunschweig, funnily, by chance):
The fella next to Ingo said, ponting to the t-shirt, "Australia, huh" ... and ... guess.
Yep.
His Auntie lives in... Perth.
I think it was nearly two hours we chatted about WA and sure he really knew, too, what he was talking about :-)
Guess again.
His wife does not speak English, yet he found her talking to strangers.
In WA.
They were from... Gifhorn (a couple of km from here) and Braunschweig.
I don´t even think he made it up!
Just right after we switched from D-Mark to Euro in 2002 he went to Swan Valley cause he was told a Braunschweig restaurant had opened there and yep, still there, the Duckstein Brewery!
All the staff back then had been to Braunschweig before opening, too!
It´s really plain crazy, no?
On our way to Grill´d in Murray Street last time we passed by Tiger Lils and a young staff-woman asked if we wanna come in. We chatted a bit and she´d been to Europe, Germany, too, Braunschweig - I am not kidding.
For dinner we went to Schadt´s as it´s safe for Ingo to eat there.
An elderly couple asked if they may join us and wheeewwwww, their whole family followed, too and here I present you another Braunschweig-Lion hence:
Yeah, we had some fun again, isn´t that a very cool tattoo :-)
Beaming, someone invent it for real and we can switch between Braunschweig and Perth, right? THAT would be fun!
Labels:
Australian Journey,
Braunschweig/Brunswick,
fun,
Perth,
the two of us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Gosh it really is a small world Iris, it's amazing how many times that happens to people! We might have to visit that spot when you come next year!
Yes, crazy, right? I´m not sure, though, if they´re really still open - they have a "Christmas menu" on offer...
Sounds like a fun time but I'm not sure I could get into strawberry beer!
It was delicious! Refreshing, too! And light :-)
Post a Comment