Saturday, July 14, 2018

New Toy



Do you see what this is? Yep, an auto-macro of Robin Ruth - I didn´t have to do a thing but "click"!

Oh so often I chose "macro", took a pic, forgot cam is on "macro" and ruined next pics - no more!



Well, yes, a function all cams have these days, huh.
Aim at the eyes, person is on focus, background slightly blurry.
You guess it, I got a new toy and like to check it out! :-)



What I hated most about my old one... macro. Focus. Very often that cam found no focus.
I had to do nothing to show you the former dying avo - cam switches to macro by itself and does focus pretty well, no?
(Yes, avo is living!!!)



We were still living in Karlstrasse. Bro was visiting first time. After sitting in the kitchen about 20 minutes he noticed the painting hanging from the ceiling.
Fast forward, we live here, Niece (now nearly eight) was two and a bit. About 20 minutes being in the kitchen she exclaimed... "cow!!!!", pointing up. Apple and such, right?
Well done pic, right? Not to my skills!



Yep, some fun-features, too.



It wasn´t an easy job, I tell ya!



I didn´t do anything on purpose, but I admit... I wasn´t sad.



Cam died.
Always had a problem with focus, always had to manually pick macro and forgot. Focus was the main problem.
Try and find a cam that can be charged with an ordinary usb.
Hahaha.. Got it!



Could chose between black (booooring) and white.
Auto-macro etc etc, I think I´m happy :-)
So many cams were thick. Yes, thick - an extra panel for... selfies, baaahhh...

Well. SONY, here we go again :-)

Ups. Nearly forgot... Lion of the day...



To great pics and farewell to Nikon, you weren´t that bad!

Addendum ... so cool, no?







1995, Sydney. Coles? I didn´t find an esky, asked staff. Guy said "K-Mart".
Unknown in Germany, hence I asked back and he kept repeating "K-Mart" forever. Just that word, no explanation... Like saying "pups". Gahhhh... ;-)

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

These are really fun and fabulous photos Iris. (Love the one of Ingo). Especially like the birds near the end. There is something joyful about a new camera, isn't there? Always hard to find the right one but when you do, it's so happy!

Sami said...

My old Canon camera that I so loved keeps on getting the lens stuck, so now I have to use by big Nikon 1 which is not so easy to carry around in the bag like the other.
Good luck with the new camera Iris, and enjoy the experimenting.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So exciting to get a new camera.. I love my Olympus and it's always exciting to get a new lens for it. Ingo looks so well, super portrait shot. Love the kookaburras, still have mine in kitchen 😊 Happy shooting.. with camera 😀

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, thank you :-)
Yep, it wasn´t easy to find the right one, I hope I did!
The birds were a wedding pressie :-)

Sami, yes, the lens got stuck, but I wasn´t happy with that cam anyways. The other option was a big cam I wonder why I bought it!

Grace, thank you, so far he was healthy all year :-) And, yep, shooting only with the cam! ;-)