Wednesday, July 04, 2018
Three-Dimensional Genius
Did you know that we have a special Picasso in town?
The Gewandhaus was badly destroyed in WW II and bad weather helped to get rif of the gable for good.
An architekt together with a sculptor worked on reconstruction and the latter sneaked in the little three-dimensional Picasso:
In this building you also find the oldest gastronomy cellar of Lower Saxony.
From 1329 on it had a wine cellar and 20 years later they were allowed to serve alcohol, amongst other Brunswick Mum and they say in the article it´s a "delicious thought" the sculptor was inspired by the Mum :-)
I leave you with another Lion:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Nice one but I have a little trouble to recognize Picasso. Reminds me of a restoration of a cathedral somewhere in Italy where in the portal between al the figures somewhere also an astronaut in space costume appears.
In the book Braunschweiger Geheimnisse they say the sculptor made Picasso match the historic gable (or maybe he just had too much Mum beer, who knows).
Haha! I have to agree with s.c. definitely too much Mum beer 😀
Well, in his defense... it´s yummy :-)
The Picasso is pretty cool! I like it!
Wine...might need some latter...lol
Coffee is on
Thank you, Jeanie, it´s the idea that counts, right?
Dora, enjoy :-)
Post a Comment